Champions League: FC Barcelona - Paris Saint Germain 3-1

SeloBarca

I agree with you, unfortunately.

While it is true that we have some serious issues, this forum has blown them out of all proportion. If one was reading this without knowing our results, they would think that Barca were now mid-table and already out of the CL.

Many on here keep repeating ad nauseam that we are playing badly, but have they ever bothered sitting though 90mns of the matches of so-called superior teams to us like Real Madrid, Bayern and :lol: Chelsea?

BM, RM and maybe Chelsea are better then us. There are more teams that are about equal, like AM, PSG etc. Our team has dropped alot since Pep era and needs alot of rebuilding in 2016.
Rosell and Barto naivly think were still top of the world, and its what has gotten us to where we are now.

E

El_e8

Pique won't have 2 good games in a row. Plus he can't jump for sh**. Javier might be manlet but he won't back down.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Pique won't have 2 good games in a row. Plus he can't jump for sh**. Javier might be manlet but he won't back down.

why not drop both, play Bartra in which you get the security in the air alongside grit and passion and just play Masch instead of Busi?
Or Lucho might be playing one of them at RB or maybe he'll play a back 3 or a double pivot or Pedro at RB or Adriano at RB. Ahhhhhh damn your stupid unpredictability Lucho!!!!!!

Last edited:

gatsu

We need Busquets, against PSG pressing, Buquets is our only DM who can perfectly link defense and midfield knowing that we will have possession most of the time.

Masche as DM will surely provide us defensive solidity, but we will struggle in making transitions.

Autumn

Anyone who thinks PSG is near Barca's level must not be watching their games.

Can we lose? You can always lose, look at the Celta game. But PSG are far from a powerhouse. They're more like Juve-caliber.

Schumi

BM, RM and maybe Chelsea are better then us. There are more teams that are about equal, like AM, PSG etc. Our team has dropped alot since Pep era and needs alot of rebuilding in 2016.
Rosell and Barto naivly think were still top of the world, and its what has gotten us to where we are now.

It is true that RM gave us a good beating back in October, but we were on a low that day and RM were at their absolute best in that period.

BM are a very balanced side, but whenever I have seen them play this season, I was not impressed too much. In some of their games they have in fact been quite underwhelming. Let us not forget that some of their key players are now ageing.

Chelsea better than FCB? Only an EPL fanboi permanently trapped in early 2008 could conceivably believe such a thing. The hype that Chelsea are getting even on this forum is quite bizarre. They have been quite crap against any good side they have faced, while their victories over mediocre EPL sides have been somewhat on the flattering side. Moreover, their CL group is an insult to CL groups.

AM and PSG about equal to us? We are comfortably superior to both. We have better players than both of them. Atletico are well organized and solid defensively but can't hold a candle to our striking force, while PSG enjoy playing in a non-league and worrying only for the CL. Bayern are also beneficiaries of the same.

The only current side that can rationally be argued to be better than us is Real Madrid. The results are there to back the argument up, not with any of the other teams you mention. Even with them, things are far more nuanced than people tend to think. Real Madrid have benefited from a shit CL group and having basically the same structure as last season. They have also enjoyed some age-old LFP turbocharging.

Give it some more time people. Tonight will be a good indicator of where we stand.

L

linetty

Pique-Mathieu must be the pairing CB. Height is vital, we cant fuck up at set pieces once again.

Kohe321

Pique-Mathieu must be the pairing CB. Height is vital, we cant fuck up at set pieces once again.

Absolutely, if I see Mascherano at CB trying to defend against Zlatan. Just no...

Pique is absolutely necessary in this one, he's usually great in the box when it comes to defending setpieces. Let's just hope he doesn't get into any 1v1 situations where he can showcase some more breakdancing. :lol:

DrPepper

It is true that RM gave us a good beating back in October, but we were on a low that day and RM were at their absolute best in that period.

BM are a very balanced side, but whenever I have seen them play this season, I was not impressed too much. In some of their games they have in fact been quite underwhelming. Let us not forget that some of their key players are now ageing.

Chelsea better than FCB? Only an EPL fanboi permanently trapped in early 2008 could conceivably believe such a thing. The hype that Chelsea are getting even on this forum is quite bizarre. They have been quite crap against any good side they have faced, while their victories over mediocre EPL sides have been somewhat on the flattering side. Moreover, their CL group is an insult to CL groups.

AM and PSG about equal to us? We are comfortably superior to both. We have better players than both of them. Atletico are well organized and solid defensively but can't hold a candle to our striking force, while PSG enjoy playing in a non-league and worrying only for the CL. Bayern are also beneficiaries of the same.

The only current side that can rationally be argued to be better than us is Real Madrid. The results are there to back the argument up, not with any of the other teams you mention. Even with them, things are far more nuanced than people tend to think. Real Madrid have benefited from a shit CL group and having basically the same structure as last season. They have also enjoyed some age-old LFP turbocharging.

Give it some more time people. Tonight will be a good indicator of where we stand.

I'm not sure really whether you're trolling or not.

Schumi

I'm not sure really whether you're trolling or not.

Take my arguments one by one and put them to some fact-checking. Are they legit yes or no?

The only controversial bit about what I am saying is the Bayern bit, but tell me really, what great team have Bayern beaten recently and how?

As for the inane Chelsea hype found everywhere. I invite you to take all of Chelsea's results of this season and cross the Chelsea name out and replace it with Barcelona's. Would you be too impressed by those results and scorelines? How would this (or any other) forum react to a Newcastle 2-1 over Barca? What would you say to a Barca - Schalke 1-1? Or a Maribor - Barca 1-1?

Or are you willing to argue that the German league is any way, shape or form competitive?

Last edited:

DinhoR10

Take my arguments one by one and put them to some fact-checking. Are they legit yes or no?

The only controversial bit about what I am saying is the Bayern bit, but tell me really, what great team have Bayern beaten recently and how?

As for the inane Chelsea hype found everywhere. I invite you to take all of Chelsea's results of this season and cross the Chelsea name out and replace it with Barcelona's. Would you be too impressed by those results and scorelines? How would this (or any other) forum react to a Newcastle 2-1 over Barca? What would you say to a Barca - Schalke 1-1? Or a Maribor - Barca 1-1?

Convincing Argument. But we still lost to PSG the first round although I think that was a fluke considering how they scored those first 2 goals given that our defense is way more solid than that.

Schumi

You must see the facts. Its not 2010/2011 anymore. Our midfield has weakened and our defense has weakened. Pep and lucho is day and night.

Real have two better cb, a much better right back, and a close to alba level LB. Their midfield is better with kroos and modric.

In attack Its pretty Even.

Bravo is better than casillias though. But navas is better than bravo - but luckily benched;)

They are not unbeatable though.

Bayern on the other hand is tough, very tough. What has happened since 0-7? In what ways have we improved, and Bayern declined? If you follow Bayern closely can you cheer us up with some facts?

Barca is among the 5 best teams in the world. Player for player 3. But organization and playing style is important. We have something to prove, maybe tonights the tonight.

DinhoR10

Schumi

You must see the facts. Its not 2010/2011 anymore. Our midfield has weakened and our defense has weakened. Pep and lucho is day and night.

Real have two better cb, a much better right back, and a close to alba level LB. Their midfield is better with kroos and modric.

In attack Its pretty Even.

Bravo is better than casillias though. But navas is better than bravo - but luckily benched;)

They are not unbeatable though.

Bayern on the other hand is tough, very tough. What has happened since 0-7? In what ways have we improved, and Bayern declined? If you follow Bayern closely can you cheer us up with some facts?

Barca is among the 5 best teams in the world. Player for player 3. But organization and playing style is important. We have something to prove, maybe tonights the tonight.

Funny how you countered his argument that actually had some facts (Chelsea's results) with nothing but opinion. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans