Champions League: FC Barcelona - Paris Saint Germain 3-1

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I've always maintained having Leo on our side, especially an in form Leo, this team is always to be feared. I wouldn't stack us up as favorites, those times have changed, but we have no reason to feel like nobody takes seriously... please. Any defense knows it's a handful to handle the three headed monster that is our front line. Just wait till they start clicking, and I hope Lucho gets the team to do so as well.

Schumi, you are very right! Matches and results such as Bayern-real, real-atletico, final: Barca-atletico - can win us the tournament.

Thats our hope. I consider Bayern munchen unbeatable over two matches. Real we know, but they have a better team at the moment. Not completely unbeatable though, but some messi magic is needed;) I consider Chelsea to be a tough one, not unbeatable though.

All in all we are among the best, the only problem is that we have a certain style, we cant do as atletico and have 11 men behind the ball the Hole match through, therefore it is very hard for us to face teams that have physicality, pressure, talent..,such as bayern.

Its easier for atletico to beat Bayern over two matches, than it is for us. Even though we have messi, neymar, alba, suarez, iniesta, and busi. We cant park the bus and can we penetrate their defense? I still fear Bayern and Will rather avoid facing them.

Look at our defense. Alves vs Bayern these days. Just no.

Vilarrubi

"Alves is a loss" - never thought I would see such a sentence after this seasons version of Alves. Our worst player in most matches this season.

Adriano is a blessing, no doubt about it, Even masch as a right back is better. Alves wasnt exactly a loss kast time against Psg, quite the opposite. Terrible passing, weak crosses, weak defending, no physicality. Why is Alves a loss schumi? Just wondering what I am missing.

Although Alves has been pretty bad this season his link up play with Messi has been better than Messi and any of our midfielders. Shows how bad our midfield is at the moment.

Neymessi

Schumi, you are very right! Matches and results such as Bayern-real, real-atletico, final: Barca-atletico - can win us the tournament.

Thats our hope. I consider Bayern munchen unbeatable over two matches. Real we know, but they have a better team at the moment. Not completely unbeatable though, but some messi magic is needed;) I consider Chelsea to be a tough one, not unbeatable though.

All in all we are among the best, the only problem is that we have a certain style, we cant do as atletico and have 11 men behind the ball the Hole match through, therefore it is very hard for us to face teams that have physicality, pressure, talent..,such as bayern.

Its easier for atletico to beat Bayern over two matches, than it is for us. Even though we have messi, neymar, alba, suarez, iniesta, and busi. We cant park the bus and can we penetrate their defense? I still fear Bayern and Will rather avoid facing them.

Look at our defense. Alves vs Bayern these days. Just no.

That is some coward mentality.You do know that we have the best attacking trio in the world.

hamad138

Banned
The problem with bayern is they will take possesion, so our game philosophoe will be destroyed. And Chelsea has bus parking company with counter attack....

Messi save us and win the game. Also lucho job will be in trouble, if it ends so early in CL

Stegen.

Talent wise we are brilliant. 6, maybe Even 7 og 8 world class players if you count in masch(dm) and bravo(he has been fantastic).

But we have some fundamental weaknesses in defense, in the midfield and maybe as a collective - we still see too much individuality, messi and bravo.

Alves is a huge liability, I hold that as an empirical fact due to his performances this season. Pique hasnt been pique for years. Mathieu is actually pretty good, I like him, but he isnt world class though. Alba is our only world class defender, but when we lack physicality on the other side(or say earlier Alves-abidal), we face some problems on set pieces easily. Therefore pique must play as cb instead of masch. Sadly.

Xavi was supposed to be in the emirates or something by now, it didnt happen, which is a good thing. The only problem is that he wasnt meant to be the main man after rakitic entered. Why is that? Because he is soon to be 35 and has declined for about 3-4 years in a row. The troublesome thing is that rakitic isnt that good. Fine player, but he is no kroos or modric. Second rate player. Barca cant have to second rate midfielders.

Add poor performances from certain maestros as busi and iniesta, and we have trouble incoming. Our midfield totally collapsed against real.

Enrique is primarily a middle rank la liga club coach, nothing more.

The funny thing is. If all our -faded players were 2010-2011 standard, I think we would have had the best team in football history. Better than peps Barca. Our liability would be mathieu, and he is a very good player.

Anyways, better times Will come;)

PhilS

PSG had a great game in midfield in Round 1, that was the best game this year that any midfield has played against Barca. We can only hope that Pastore does not start, Blanc would have to be an idiot to not give him another bite at Barca.

I remember the last PSG game pretty clearly, no, it was neither Alves nor Mathieu who looked the worst in the Barca defense. Masche had a nightmare game, not really from errors but rather from his physical limitations as a CB.

I'd like to see Masche at DM, at the moment he is a better Barca DM than Busquets.
Ter Stegen
Adriano Pique Mathieu Alba
Masche
Rak Iniesta
SMN

I have not seen much appreciation for how fantastic Pedro was off the bench vs. Espanol. Having a supersub at forward could be huge for the rest of this season.

If Barca does not win, no, the CL is not over. Of all the possible group winner opponents Barca could have in the round of 16, the only 2 I would rate as favorites over Barca would be RM and Bayern. All possible CL opponents fear Barca. Everyone in the sport realizes that SMN could average about 4 goals a game for the rest of the season.

PhilS

But we have some fundamental weaknesses in defense
Alves is a huge liability, I hold that as an empirical fact due to his performances this season. Pique hasnt been pique for years. Mathieu is actually pretty good, I like him, but he isnt world class though. Alba is our only world class defender, but when we lack physicality on the other side(or say earlier Alves-abidal), we face some problems on set pieces easily

So, you are upset because the defense has been so successful so far this year? Barca has conceded only 7 in Liga in 14 games. The apt description is "fantastic", not "fundamental weakness".

The record in CL goals allowed so far this season is fine, not as good as in Liga but fine.

Phils

Obviously I am taking about the big matches, 6 against real and Psg. And it should have been more.

We always dominate against la liga teams, dont exposed. And bravo has Bern good.

Home of Barca Fans