Champions League: FC Barcelona - Paris Saint Germain 3-1

Average match, but happy for the win. Psg could have been 3-0 up with zlatan, Lucas og cavani. But a long ball from masch and brilliant individual effort by neymar changed everything.

We are terrible static at times - and what is iniesta doing by the way? I thought he was a good player. Mathieu failed big time. Alba should have started obviously.

No more crazy line ups from enrique I hope. Very happy for ney, messi and suarez tonight. Important win:)

Schumi

Average match, but happy for the win. Psg could have been 3-0 up with zlatan, Lucas og cavani. But a long ball from masch and brilliant individual effort by neymar changed everything.

We are terrible static at times - and what is iniesta doing by the way? I thought he was a good player. Mathieu failed big time. Alba should have started obviously.

No more crazy line ups from enrique I hope. Very happy for ney, messi and suarez tonight. Important win:)

By the same token, we could have been 13-0 up against Celta Vigo, or 0-3 up against Real Madrid, but football does not work that way.

If we score with intricate passing, then it's a problem because we have no plan B. When we score by individual Messi magic, then we start bitching about Messidependencia. When Neymar scores a wondergoal.... you get the picture. When we score with a long ball, then we have turned into Stoke City. This negativity can be extended to infinity.

Iniesta just came back from injury, and has not played 90mns for almost two months now. He also lacked support.

Our back 4 was designed to shield us in set-pieces which it did, perfectly. Would Alba have done a better job against Lucas? Maybe.

We need Alves back, and we also need to drop Biscuits in my opinion.

Schumi

My point was that it wasnt like we wiped Psg out or something. They had clear cut opportunities in the first and in the second half. So had Barcelona. Maybe we were the better team, but It wasnt a one way game.

Well, concerning your other claims I think you are......in affect. Saying Barca have had problems with dependency of messi isnt that far fetched, and we have debated the thing here over the years,

Same with plan b, or in my opinion, new or better players. That was a fair discussion at a certain time.

It hasnt anything to do with negativity as far as I can see, just claims based on hopefully good arguments. If they are wrong, I am happy to say so.

To be honest I think both pessimism and optimism is stupid - rationalilly speaking. If yoour claims are built upon fact they are realistic, not pessimistic.

But I have to admit, football is primarily emotions for me, so I probably am a pessimist sometimes!!!! ;)

Bertus

So, come at me those who thought Blanc is a good coach.

He did it.

He subbed off Verratti who was the best PSG player. Just like that.

He also put Pastore on the bench despite him being the best parisian with Marquinhos since the start of the season.

Since people here think I am a hater, just so you know, Blanc is being wrecked in french medias tonight because no one understood his tactic, his starters, his subs, etc.

Even Nasser was angry.

Maybe something will finally happen in this shitty club.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Too many mistakes could be due to unfamiliar formation (why does he experiment in such a big match?) In the end one might say that Lucho's gamble payed off.
I did like his choice of Pedro as right winger and it was an entertaining match.
Not many teams won vs. PSG lately so well done to Lucho and team.

mssarm

I think it was very interesting formation- not polished yet, but it has good potential. Midfield is a problem though. Iniesta's game is bad, Rakitich still work in progress. I think Barca has no choice, they need to buy a decent midfielder, probably Koke. Next year maybe?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Blanc (coach PSG): "It seemed that Barcelona's surprising line-up confused their players more than our players." #fcblive

:lol::lol::lol:

Home of Barca Fans