Champions League: FC Barcelona - Paris Saint Germain 3-1

DrPepper

Just before you guys complain, the current tactics are completely new to the squad and some players don't know which position they have to play clearly.

Obviously that's the managers job, to create a certain familiarity on the training pitch.

Second half was good enough though, like always really. Should've scored a fourth after PSG opened up and left _massive_ gaps. Their shape after Lavezzi came on was embarassing. I think third goal was another counter attack? Not sure though.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Obviously that's the managers job, to create a certain familiarity on the training pitch.

You can't expect the players to play comfortably in a new formation with some training matches. You need some competitive football to gain familiarity and one or two big matches, only problem is we should experiment in small games first and then try it in big games.

Schumi

How did Messi scored is beyond me. He was gone all match. Only around 75th minute when we actually had midfield he woke up and moved up the pitch.

He made some good runs in the first half, but failed to give the right pass.

After the 3-1 we could have scored even more, but all our attacking players made stupid decisions.

bismp

I think PSG played really bad tonight,especially at the second half.If it was Real we would have been in trouble.1st half was bad,second was better.Should have scored a fourth one,but everyone lost motivation after the 3-1

I

instinct

The Catalan press are already hammering Lucho for his line-up.

I agree.

We won 3-1 lel

Obviously this formation has to be improved but there were some great signs and the subs worked well.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I thought lucho's subs were bad , then blanc surprises me and subs off veratti.
we saw 2 geniuses at work today: Lucho and Blanc

Schumi

I think PSG played really bad tonight,especially at the second half.If it was Real we would have been in trouble.1st half was bad,second was better.Should have scored a fourth one,but everyone lost motivation after the 3-1

No, PSG did not play bad at all. It was just that they were facing a superior opponent. And that was despite Lucho's failed experiment.

Alik

Yeah, I think that indeed they just gave up after a while. Same with Espanyol earlier. As long as Barca keeps tiring out the opposition that'll be good.

barcanuck

Great win! The midgetless back line was finally established and it worked! Finally no Alves, no Alba no Masche on the back end. Loved seeing Bartra - Pique - Mathieu in the back covered by Busi - Masche in mid. Hats off to Lucho, this could of backfired because he hasn't tried this lineup ever.

Home of Barca Fans