Champions League 2022/2023

Who will win the CL?

• Total voters

jamrock

Watching that absolute dross of a final, made me realise one thing and one thing only. NEVER COMPARE THIS OR ANY OTHER TEAM TO PRIME BARCA. The performances we put in in the finals of 09 and 11 will go down in legend.

Complete domination of 2 UTD sides that were far superior than this Inter side City faced.

Yes, City are good, but nobody will remember what we just watched. And they have no players who will be talked about at GOAT level when their careers are done.

Meanwhile, we had Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Dani Alves, Prime Pique, Puyol, Sammy Eto. Make no mistake, Barca 2009 or 2011 would humiliate this City side in a CL final.

Goal tried to do a combined XI of this team & Prime Barcelona, they of course trashed it.

But the only player from this city team that I thought could make it, was KDB and maybe maybe ederson.

Barcelona 2011 is at least 2 steps ahead of this city.

Ake over freaking abidal.

SeloBarca

Goal tried to do a combined XI of this team & Prime Barcelona, they of course trashed it.

But the only player from this city team that I thought could make it, was KDB and maybe maybe ederson.

Barcelona 2011 is at least 2 steps ahead of this city.

Ake over freaking abidal.
Pique instead of Puyol XD
And KDB on LW?
just to fit him in a guess
I would rather take out Busquetes and play KDB, Xavi, Iniesta without a DM XD
2008-2011 Pedro or Villa on LW would be far better.

jamrock

Pique instead of Puyol XD
And KDB on LW?
just to fit him in a guess
I would rather take out Busquetes and play KDB, Xavi, Iniesta without a DM XD
2009-2011 Pedro or Villa on LW would be far better.
kDB at RW, Messi false 9,villa LF, like he played so well for us.

When it comes to history & players at their peak, I'm not dropping busquets for Kevin, he gets squeezed into the forward line or he doesn't make it, not over anyone in that Midfield.

CBs are pique & puyol or mascherano, dias off the bench.

SeloBarca

With a proper manager we are up there imo. We can make the quarters for sure.
Problem is Xavi. Completely clueless and always has an excuse up his sleeve.
Not even close unfortuanlly
The team needs alot of fresh blood of highest quality in pretty much every position but we cant afford it and are left with free agents noone else wants.

SeloBarca

kDB at RW, Messi false 9,villa LF, like he played so well for us.

When it comes to history & players at their peak, I'm not dropping busquets for Kevin, he gets squeezed into the forward line or he doesn't make it, not over anyone in that Midfield.

CBs are pique & puyol or mascherano, dias off the bench.
Haaland who is probably winner of BdO next time is way to good to be left out

Temptation

No, we don't. Sure, the odd result and group setup can still happen. But we are too wasteful in attack. Dembele was never this efficient winger that gets you goals, Ferran is wank and Lewa is semi-retired against good opposition.

Just want Lewy to score some really big games next season just to show people like you. You'll still never be happy though coz you have already made up your mind.

ajnotkeith

No, we don't. Sure, the odd result and group setup can still happen. But we are too wasteful in attack. Dembele was never this efficient winger that gets you goals, Ferran is wank and Lewa is semi-retired against good opposition.
How many squads in the world would you actually list as better though? World football doesn't have that many amazing teams right now.

ajnotkeith

Not even close unfortuanlly
The team needs alot of fresh blood of highest quality in pretty much every position but we cant afford it and are left with free agents noone else wants.
You must be crazy if you think we need highest quality in every position to make the quarter finals lol. The past few years have mind fucked you.

Making the quarters is something very mid teams do regularly. Always seeing likes of Benfica or Porto there, even some German teams.

BBZ8800

Lukaku fucked this one up for Inter, singel-handedly... what a terrible and frustrating player to watch.

I thought that Lukaku was bad and a low IQ player.

But, boy, Inter does have some really tough competition in a low IQ department.

It is really hard to match the dumbness of Lautaro and Gk Onana also.

In one moment, City played with 11 "normally IQ'd" players, while Inter played with 3 dumb players and a few questionable guys.

delancey

Inter just hired a whole bunch of tier 1 rejects and their manager managed to take them to the final… hard work, defensive discipline and a lot of luck (in the draw).

Devils

Inter just hired a whole bunch of tier 1 rejects and their manager managed to take them to the final… hard work, defensive discipline and a lot of luck (in the draw).
Shows the importance of a good manager.

Many would agree that on paper, the Barca squad is actually better than Inter, but Xavi got us absolutely schooled in all cup competitions this year.

fergus90

A lot of the CL is the luck of the draw. Inter who finished 2nd and were easily beaten twice by Bayern Munich had a route of Porto, Benfica, AC Milan.

Whereas the winners off our groups path would've been PSG, City, Real Madrid.

It definitely isn't incomprehensible that Barca could've been in the final last night if we did our job correctly in the group stages.

ajnotkeith

A lot of the CL is the luck of the draw. Inter who finished 2nd and were easily beaten twice by Bayern Munich had a route of Porto, Benfica, AC Milan.

Whereas the winners off our groups path would've been PSG, City, Real Madrid.

It definitely isn't incomprehensible that Barca could've been in the final last night if we did our job correctly in the group stages.
Beating Porto, Benfica, and Milan in a row isnt easy, even if they are all tier 2 teams.

Yes, an easy draw, but I have questions on if we would win out against all those teams in a 2 legged tie in a row considering our record in Europe recently.

I also think Inter proved their quality in the final with City where they definitely deserved to win against a team people are hailing as one of the best of all time.

Home of Barca Fans