Champions League 2017/18

vlad

madrid´s midfields needs to underperform massively if juve wants something from this tie, otherwise, cant see juve going through with such old and slow midfield.

but really, its enough of real domination, when they will get bored of this?

Andresito

Staff member
madrid´s midfields needs to underperform massively if juve wants something from this tie, otherwise, cant see juve going through with such old and slow midfield.

but really, its enough of real domination, when they will get bored of this?

It'll end in the semi final Clasico

Stoichkov1

Juventus was outplayed by Tottenham who is 4th in PL, I don't know why people still expect something from them.

They've conceded only 1 goal in the league in 2018 but as soon as they play in CL their defence becomes a joke, Tottenham scored 3 goals in 2 matches against them.

Buffon is too old and makes mistake after mistake, Khedira is a joke against big teams who play fast, De Sciglio doesn't even play for Italy, Barzagli is 40 years old and slow as fuck.

The only players who could start at Real are Douglas Costa(who for me is better than Isco) and Higuain who is comfortably better than Benzema but chokes in big matches.

Expect Cardiff 2.0.

JamDav1982

Juventus was outplayed by Tottenham who is 4th in PL, I don't know why people still expect something from them.

They've conceded only 1 goal in the league in 2018 but as soon as they play in CL their defence becomes a joke, Tottenham scored 3 goals in 2 matches against them.

Buffon is too old and makes mistake after mistake, Khedira is a joke against big teams who play fast, De Sciglio doesn't even play for Italy, Barzagli is 40 years old and slow as fuck.

The only players who could start at Real are Douglas Costa(who for me is better than Isco) and Higuain who is comfortably better than Benzema but chokes in big matches.

Expect Cardiff 2.0.

You said a couple of days ago Juventus had 20% chance of winning it and would without doubt knock out Barca if met in semis.

Higuain who is comfortably better than Benzema but chokes in big matches.

Expect Cardiff 2.0.

This is a myth that gets repeatedly. Everyone thinks Real Madrid is convinced with Benzema's goalscoring. Goalscoring is the second most important role for him. His most significant role in that he gives the tactical flexibility for Real Madrid to make Ronaldo as their target man. Real Madrid is the only team where winger is the primary target man. It's because Ronaldo is at his best while he's the target man. And his contribution in another aspects of the game are abysmal.

Now, the routine way is to make Ronaldo a striker and Isco or Asensio as winger. But absurdly, Ronaldo is extremely poor when he plays as a striker. It means the team needs another striker while Ronaldo, as a winger, being primary target man. This is the role Benzema is excellent at. He's not only a decent shadow striker but excellent in positional movement so that the winger drifting inside doesn't affect RM.

Stoichkov1

This is a myth that gets repeatedly. Everyone thinks Real Madrid is convinced with Benzema's goalscoring. Goalscoring is the second most important role for him. His most significant role in that he gives the tactical flexibility for Real Madrid to make Ronaldo as their target man. Real Madrid is the only team where winger is the primary target man. It's because Ronaldo is at his best while he's the target man. And his contribution in another aspects of the game are abysmal.

Now, the routine way is to make Ronaldo a striker and Isco or Asensio as winger. But absurdly, Ronaldo is extremely poor when he plays as a striker. It means the team needs another striker while Ronaldo, as a winger, being primary target man. This is the role Benzema is excellent at. He's not only a decent shadow striker but excellent in positional movement so that the winger drifting inside doesn't affect RM.

Yes and I repeat that maybe Benzema works better for Real Madrid, but no one would take a striker who doesn't even score 20 goals per season at Real over a striker who scores 30 goals per season in a worse team.

Yes and I repeat that maybe Benzema works better for Real Madrid, but no one would take a striker who doesn't even score 20 goals per season at Real over a striker who scores 30 goals per season in a worse team.

Real Madrid will. You either play with Ronaldo-Benzema where Ronaldo is at his best or Ronaldo-Kane completely disrupting the tactical stability since, while Kane being the target man, Ronaldo is very poor as a pure winger (He's one of the greatest wingers before 2010). Not anymore.

El Flaco

Benzema used to score 20 goals for many seasons as a 2nd of even a 3rd fiddle since Bale's arrival. Benzema brings much more into the table than just goals as a F9/SS. Higuain is just a great out and out striker who is the receiving end where his teammates gives him service. They have different roles, so it's not fair to make a comparision.

Benzema used to score 20 goals for many seasons as a 2nd of even a 3rd fiddle since Bale's arrival. Benzema brings much more into the table than just goals as a F9/SS. Higuain is just a great out and out striker who is the receiving end where his teammates gives him service. They have different roles, so it's not far to make a comparision.

Benzema is massively disrespected because of his statistical output. But his role in Real Madrid is so essential. He's a striker on paper. But his tactical role is completely different and he's best at it which is why RM didn't buy Aguero even when he was not in the plans of Pep last season

Stoichkov1

Benzema used to score 20 goals for many seasons as a 2nd of even a 3rd fiddle since Bale's arrival. Benzema brings much more into the table than just goals a F9/SS. Higuain is just a great out and out striker who is the receiving end where his teammates gives him service. They have different roles, so it's not fair to make a comparision.

Yes and Higuain scores goals, Benzema misses sitters.

Juve or other teams don't have Ronaldo who scores 50 goals per season, they need a striker who can actually score goals like Lewa or Higuain or Suarez.

The fact that maybe Real works better than Benzema doesn't mean that Benzema is a better footballer than Higuain or Lewa.

Juve or other teams don't have Ronaldo who scores 50 goals per season, they need a striker who can actually score goals like Lewa or Higuain or Suarez.

This is exactly the point. I'm not saying Benzema is better than Lewandowski as a goalscorer. But he's better for Real Madrid than Lewandowski. He's one of the most significant reason Ronaldo scoring insane amount of goals. That's why football is more than goalscoring. So, we cannot say Lewandowski is better footballer than Benzema, since Benzema is an essential part of a team that's is the most efficient in attacking in the last ten years.

Last edited:
This is exactly the point. I'm not saying Benzema is better than Lewandowski as a goalscorer. But he's better for Real Madrid than Lewandowski. He's one of the most significant reason Ronaldo scoring insane amount of goals. That's why football is more than goalscoring. So, we cannot say Lewandowski is better footballer than Benzema, since Benzema is an essential part of a team that's is the most efficient in attacking in the last ten years.

It's one of the reasons why I say most of the credits Ronaldo gets should actually be the credit for Real Madrid team. Hence why, Individual awards are so misleading.

Home of Barca Fans