Champions League 2017/18

aaron101

Where do we discuss the UEFA-changes?
Quite substantial that you now can use January-signings in CL and EL from next season - not exactly something to dampen the heated transfer-windows from now on...
The fourth substitution during extra-time is a good idea, imo - it will allow the tactics to get more influence than stupid tiredness-errors, and I like that.

They should also add this... have a 4th substitution if there's an injury. I've always felt like it's so unfair for a team to play 10-man if someone gets injured after using all 3 subs.

S2K1985

Chatbot
They should also add this... have a 4th substitution if there's an injury. I've always felt like it's so unfair for a team to play 10-man if someone gets injured after using all 3 subs.

Changing the away goal rule, would also be nice, if a game enters overtime

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Problem is many players may pretend to be injured in such case. Would allow it only if GK is injured

Vilarrubi

Would never work or happen as you could have players faking injuries for the 4th sub.

aaron101

Problem is many players may pretend to be injured in such case. Would allow it only if GK is injured

Would never work or happen as you could have players faking injuries for the 4th sub.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about players faking lol. It's a tricky situation. You just feel sorry for the teams that will suffer from this in case someone gets real injury. A small team in a cup game against a big team with no more subs and gets a player injured will suffer a lot.

Change the away goal rule, when a game goes into overtime, would also be nice
This one. Many people wanted this rule to be changed since many many years ago.

FC B

I don't know why all hype this Liverpool side. Their attack is formidable I gotta say... but their midfield is average, so does their defence.

If they'll play vs teams like Real/Barca/Bayern they will be pushed in their half for 90 minutes and get spanked hard. However, I can see them scoring some goals on the counter.

Doubt it, did you see the 4-3 match they've won over City in january?

utility73

The thing is that Liverpool (und Klopp) is weakest when they have do all the playmaking but against somehwat competent teams. On the other hand they can shine brightest against dominating teams like Pep’s City where they can confuse them with their all out pressing and hit them with their fast and deadly counters.

serghei

The thing is that Liverpool (und Klopp) is weakest when they have do all the playmaking but against somehwat competent teams. On the other hand they can shine brightest against dominating teams like Pep’s City where they can confuse them with their all out pressing and hit them with their fast and deadly counters.

Agreed. But I think City will surprise a few people by playing it more safe than usual. Their counterattacking is very underrated as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see City use more negative possession and play a very cautious game like in the 1-0 win vs Chelsea away, were they kept the ball a lot but never put too many players forward, as to not leave to many spaces behind for fast players like Hazard, Pedro and Willian to us. Could see the same cautious approach with a 1-1 draw or such, which would be in City's favor.

2015 was better.

much stronger barca, similar level bayern, stronger juve, and about the same real.

On paper they were great. But not really. Pep's Bayern was outlclassed by RM, Barca and Atletico. They scrapped their win against Juventus too. Real Madrid were very poor under Ancelloti despite their very good squad. Juve even though is stronger, is nothing compared to the RM, Bayern and City of this season.

But, 2015 is the second most competitive tournament next only to this season. Yet, Lucho's counterattacking team was so excellent that we outclassed everyone.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

On paper they were great. But not really. Pep's Bayern was outlclassed by RM, Barca and Atletico. They scrapped their win against Juventus too. Real Madrid were very poor under Ancelloti despite their very good squad. Juve even though is stronger, is nothing compared to the RM, Bayern and City of this season.

But, 2015 is the second most competitive tournament next only to this season. Yet, Lucho's counterattacking team was so excellent that we outclassed everyone.

We don't know how good is Bayern at this point, they might be the most overrated team in the planet for what we know. They look good in avery poor Bundesliga RM now isn't better than 2015's neither is Juve.
2015 was far better than this year, and probably not even close

We don't know how good is Bayern at this point, they might be the most overrated team in the planet for what we know. They look good in avery poor Bundesliga RM now isn't better than 2015's neither is Juve.
2015 was far better than this year, and probably not even close

I might have to disagree. Bayern under Pep and Heynckes are completely two different teams. Pep's Bayern is just excellent on paper and against mediocre teams. While, Heynckes Bayern is similar to Lucho's 2015 Barca and current RM.

And regarding RM, you might estimate them based on their league standings. But this RM team is the most efficient team in the last ten years. Second being Lucho's 2015. I would like for someone to come up with the most number of chances created in the CL knockout stages for the last two years. I'm sure Real Madrid will lead by very high difference. We all can laugh at Atletico and call them bottlers against RM in CL. But a well prepared and well rested current RM team is the most lethal team of the last 10 years. I seriously would be surprised if Bayern or City beat them this year. If there is anyone who can match them, it is Barca.

Home of Barca Fans