Cesc Fabregas

F

Flavia

I still don't think the team is playing that badly. Lack of firepower upfront and the defense is a mess. Midfield & possession are OK. Having an unfit Cesc doesn't help though...He could be making more runs upfront if fit. I thought he was moving very slowly last few games i.e. not fit.
Cesc, Iniesta and Xavi are being overplayed. In the beginning of the season it was ok, now it was the time to rotate, and this didn't happen. It's happening now, because Xavi was rushed and got injured again. He and Cesc played on painkillers in the cdr match. That's unacceptable to me. There's xavi, Iniesta, cesc and thiago, rotate them, keep them fresh.

Y

Youngie

Cesc, Iniesta and Xavi are being overplayed. In the beginning of the season it was ok, now it was the time to rotate, and this didn't happen. It's happening now, because Xavi was rushed and got injured again. He and Cesc played on painkillers in the cdr match. That's unacceptable to me. There's xavi, Iniesta, cesc and thiago, rotate them, keep them fresh.

I agree. Cesc, Iniesta and Xavi are also probably the most injury prone players in the team (behind #1 Adriano and possibly Alexis)

MVBarcaFan

I'd like to see this tried out. I believed some form of it worked out against Osasuna in the last minutes during the first half of the season.

VV
Montoya-Pique-Puyol-Adriano
Thiago-Iniesta
Messi-Villa-Sanchez-Tello

Y

Youngie

I'd like to see this tried out. I believed some form of it worked out against Osasuna in the last minutes during the first half of the season.

VV
Montoya-Pique-Puyol-Adriano
Thiago-Iniesta
Messi-Villa-Sanchez-Tello

??? This is the Cesc Fàbregas thread. And no to Alexis.

ammarfcb

ze special one
our defense can't survive without a DM.

adriano-PK-puyi-alba
------busi---------
--xavi-----iniesta
tello--messi-villa

- have tello and villa switich around regularly like pedro-villa did in 10/11
- iniesta in and out of the wing to give vilal space to run ahead and albe backing iniesta from behind - [much like sevilla game start of the season]
- if needed take off villa/tello and bring cesc in the middle.
- adriano and alba switching defensive times depending on other teams stronger attacking side.

slvtn

We should try a formtion with Messi in the right wing, Cesc as a false 9 and Villa on the left. There's nothing left to lose really. As a result from the last games I see that we barely created chances from the right wing (Pedro) and if it was the case, it ws most likely Dani Alves who was missed in the back then. Villa on the left was more active and it's clearly a better solution than Iniesta on the wing (which is waste). I'm sure we can find a plan B with that formation and Messi on the wings, even though it's not his favourite position. And this is Cesc's thread and he should be mentioned: Cesc is awesome and belongs in this team. Now that more and more teams know to do it against us, he can be part of the solution.

Meitux

We should try a formtion with Messi in the right wing, Cesc as a false 9 and Villa on the left. There's nothing left to lose really. As a result from the last games I see that we barely created chances from the right wing (Pedro) and if it was the case, it ws most likely Dani Alves who was missed in the back then. Villa on the left was more active and it's clearly a better solution than Iniesta on the wing (which is waste). I'm sure we can find a plan B with that formation and Messi on the wings, even though it's not his favourite position. And this is Cesc's thread and he should be mentioned: Cesc is awesome and belongs in this team. Now that more and more teams know to do it against us, he can be part of the solution.
im bored with this false 9 situation and bullshit..cesc isnt good for attacker no speed no power and propably not so good finishing,we need a true CF and put finally Messi in the right wing,he can play free but the CF will be in the center and Messi mostly in the wing.....We have Villa and we waste him on the left wing and dont use him properly

Y

Youngie

And this is Cesc's thread and he should be mentioned: Cesc is awesome and belongs in this team. Now that more and more teams know to do it against us, he can be part of the solution.

:thumbsup2:

Y

Youngie

im bored with this false 9 situation and bullshit..cesc isnt good for attacker no speed no power and propably not so good finishing,we need a true CF and put finally Messi in the right wing,he can play free but the CF will be in the center and Messi mostly in the wing.....We have Villa and we waste him on the left wing and dont use him properly

Messi won't move his position and certainly not to accommodate David Villa. And please don't make excuses for Villa like "we waste him on the left wing". He's been playing there all his Barça career.

Meitux

Messi won't move his position and certainly not to accommodate David Villa. And please don't make excuses for Villa like "we waste him on the left wing". He's been playing there all his Barça career.
its not excuse its fact,and you guys still were laughing when villa shoot from wide position because nobody was in the box...

Vapor

Seriously? Cesc was like our 2nd top scorer last season, if not 2nd 3rd for sure. He was finishing more chances than virtually anyone else. He's also the 3rd top scorer on our team this year. So this whole "Cesc isn't good for attacker" is nonsense.

Plus he's not playing CF, he's playing false 9. So there is a lot more dropping deep and distributing, he's not playing classic striker position.

This actually proved to work out well in Spain and it even worked out very well at the beginning of last season when Pep tried it before Cesc's dip in form. It can definitely work, Cesc definitely has what it takes to play the false 9 well.

sabby

If he must play, he should play in CF position. He's lot more effective in the final 3rd both in scoring and assist plus he's also very good at heading.

Home of Barca Fans