CdR | 1/8 2nd leg: RCD Espanyol - FC Barcelona 0-2 (1-6 agg.)

Alik

Beta mentality. They are violent cunts who shouldn't and probably can't be reasoned with.

We didn't do this when tensions were high against Mourinho's Madrid. It's a shame we take this approach.

Beta mentality :lol:

Tell me, what's wrong with Lucho's and Iniesta's actions?

F

Frejsgodes

Lucho is doing his best to protect our players. He's doing a great job as manager.

There are other ways to protect your players. That cunt club doesn't deserve anything after what they pulled at Camp Nou.

F

Flavia

Luis Enrique says Wednesday's derby will be the best of the three

WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM
01/12/2016 14:38
The FC Barcelona head coach tells the media that his players will approach Wednesday's Copa del Rey derby at Espanyol the same way they did in the previous two

Newly crowned FIFA World Coach of the Year, FC Barcelona's very own Luis Enrique, spoke to reporters at the Ciutat Esportiva on Tuesday, a little more than a day before Barça and Espanyol square off for the third time in 11 days.

After a scoreless draw at Espanyol in La Liga on 2 January and a 4–1 victory at Camp Nou in the first leg of the Copa del Rey last 16 on 6 January, the Catalans head back out to Cornellà-El Prat for the second leg and with an eye on advancing to the quarter-finals.

"Regardless of the outcome, our goal is to be better than them. Our aim is to move on even though we know it will be difficult," Luis Enrique said.

But will Barça's approach be any different this time around?

"We'll do the same things we did in the previous derbies, which is no different than going out to win," the coach said. "It will be the most attractive of the three derbies because only one of the two teams can move on [to the quarter-finals]. We will go for the win, but will face an opponent that, unlike in other games, will pressure us further up."
The Barça coach also took the opportunity to praise the five-time winner of the FIFA Ballon d'Or, Lionel Messi: "It gives great joy that he won. We all imagined it would happen because of everything he did last year and it recognises the best player of all time," he said. "His ability to interpret the game is brilliant and indispensable and his numbers show that he is a complete player."

Luis Enrique continued: "Messi can still win many more Ballons d'Or, but the most important thing is that everything is part of a collective idea that players understand very well."

Luis Enrique, who could not attend the FIFA Gala but won the FIFA World Coach of the Year away, also spoke about what it meant to be seen as the top manager: "I'm very happy because it's a reward for the hard work of all the players, the club and the staff," he said. "I am very grateful to everyone who voted for me and who felt that we were deserving of this award."

When asked about the FIFA FIFPro World XI, to which four members of his team were named — Alves, Iniesta, Messi and Neymar — Luis Enrique said: "I'm very happy for them, but I also consider that there are more players on my team who deserved to be there."

Luis Enrique and Constantin Galca meet up ahead of Cup derby

WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM
01/12/2016 14:50

The coaches of FC Barcelona and RCD Espanyol caught up with each other ahead of Wednesday's Copa del Rey last 16 second leg

CYhv0xvUQAA0K3q.jpg:large

Although scheduling conflicts prior to the last two derbies between FC Barcelona and RCD Espanyol prevented both teams' coaches from attending the traditional pre-game photo, Luis Enrique Martínez and Constantin Galca finally found the time on Tuesday. The two managers met on the pitch at Cornella-El Prat Stadium, where on Wednesday Barça and Espanyol will square off in the return leg of the Copa del Rey last 16. FCB hold a 4–1 aggregate lead heading into tomorrow.

Wednesday will be the third derby between the two sides in an 11-day span. They played to a scoreless draw at Espanyol in La Liga on 2 January, while Barça won 4–1 at Camp Nou in the first leg of the Copa del Rey last 16 on 6 January.

With the heated intensity — to put it nicely — of those first two games behind them, the two coaches mutually expressed a desire to see a more relaxed atmosphere in derby number three.

"I'm going to meet with him because the opportunity has arisen, so we can exchange opinions, and if that helps prevent conflict and controversy, I am willing to participate," said Luis Enrique, before the meeting, at his morning press conference.

It's good they're trying to ease the tension created by the rm media. Very good from Enrique.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You said they probably can't be reasoned with. If there's any chance of cooling down tensions for the sake of protecting the players, it's worth to try. Worse thing that can happen is that nothing happens.

Agreed. One should fight with someone on it's own level and when it's important, not wasting time fighting with irrelevant Espanyol bums in 1/8 Copa. They exactly want to drag us down to that level and they know Spanish FA is behind them.

dakt

Playing with Espanyol is like going to cinema to watch a great movie blindfolded. I simply hate when Barca can't develop its game.
Any winning result is great, draw is also good...the important thing is that no injuries get in our way in the middle of the season.

raskolnikov

I feel Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Alves and Busquets should sit this one out. No need to have these thugs injure our players when we lead 4-1.

Play like this:
Mats
Vidal, pique, vermaelen, Alba
Raki, Mascherano, sergi Roberto
Munir, sandro, arda

Sub in bartra, adriano and matthieu.

FinBarcelonafan

I feel Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Alves and Busquets should sit this one out. No need to have these thugs injure our players when we lead 4-1.

Play like this:
Mats
Vidal, pique, vermaelen, Alba
Raki, Mascherano, sergi Roberto
Munir, sandro, arda

Sub in bartra, adriano and matthieu.

I dont see us resting Neymar AND Messi. One of them will play. I would say Messi plays.

Gaudi

I would rest Messi, then after Bilbao Ney or even against Bilbao. We need our stars as fresh as possible at the end of season when it counts the most.

Home of Barca Fans