Carlo Ancelotti

B

beautifulgame

Your point is void to Beast cuz Neymar transfer had nothing todo with Tata himself, was even done long before. If you notice Tata is not willing to overpay for a CB which is need with utmost importance, what we know is he hasn't pressed the club about it too hard about something every other top club manager would. Only player Tata mentioned was Vergini on a free.

I didn't wanna get into this cuz I think all big clubs overpay but Tata hasn't been involved in any of that himself and this Bale shit don't make no sense other than perhaps a new market for revenue but still Carlo "Zaragoza very strong team" Ancelotti comment held no sting only made him look silly.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
madrid fans defending bale´s transfer, what a huge pile of s***, :facepalm:

This sort of post is even more worthless than any of the reaction gifs with not even a letter written to back'em up. Sorry, had to put it out there =]

coco12 said:
As for Bale being just "slightly" overpriced by 10 mill. Lol no. He's around 50 mil. 60 max. 100 is waaaaaaay too much for him. Nowhere near Ronaldo.

60mln upwards bro, not less than that, by today's transfer standards for players in their prime of course. Hence why Cavani, Falcao and even overblown Neymar went for such price. And there is a reason as to why Real paid more than that.

Aryagorn" said:
Taking the 2000-2005 period as the unit to measure the appropriate transfer fee (I mean that's when Henry was at his peak) he would probably have fetched a maximum of 30M back then. Let's say he should fetch 10 more consiering the market ddifference and 20 more considering the shit load of oil bandits ruling the roost in football... Real is still paying 40m more!!

Um no man. He was one of the best players of that era. Samely Ronaldo went for just under 50mln when he was just under 27 years old. If someone wanted Henry when he was around 25 years and scoring 30 goals per season, he would definitely have to pay over 50 and Arsenal never sell their peak players, nor would they sell Henry for any less.

Beast

The Observer
Your point is void to Beast cuz Neymar transfer had nothing todo with Tata himself, was even done long before. If you notice Tata is not willing to overpay for a CB which is need with utmost importance, what we know is he hasn't pressed the club about it too hard about something every other top club manager would. Only player Tata mentioned was Vergini on a free.

I didn't wanna get into this cuz I think all big clubs overpay but Tata hasn't been involved in any of that himself and this Bale shit don't make no sense other than perhaps a new market for revenue but still Carlo "Zaragoza very strong team" Ancelotti comment held no sting only made him look silly.

Tata is not speaking as Tata, he is the coach of Barcelona so when he speaks it's Barcelona speaking not Tata .. so it's not void
It's a clear case of Pot-kettle -black
Nor do i think Tata has anything to do with buying a CB , it's all Rosell and Zubi at the end... Rosell being Rosell is still looking for the Brazilian thing ;).. so Thiago Silva out , enter David Luiz

coco1247

Banned
60mln upwards bro, not less than that, by today's transfer standards for players in their prime of course. Hence why Cavani, Falcao and even overblown Neymar went for such price. And there is a reason as to why Real paid more than that.
This guy is not worth 70 mil. Maybe his market worth is more than 60 in this market, maybe I was wrong, but let's be real - even if he were 70 as you are saying, it would still be too much. And we're talking 100 mil here. Not 60, not 70 or 90 - 100 mil.

Beast

The Observer
This guy is not worth 70 mil. Maybe his market worth is more than 60 in this market, maybe I was wrong, but let's be real - even if he were 70 as you are saying, it would still be too much. And we're talking 100 mil here. Not 60, not 70 or 90 - 100 mil.

EPL player prices are inflated more so if you are top of the premiership , look no further than how much Gunners paid for Walcott , Andy Caroll price for Liverpool , Berbatov etc
EPL players you add 15-20 (at least ) above players in Europe
I don't subscribe to that but that's a fact , they also suffer the same when they buy from other European clubs (see how much we charged for Robinho etc hell we even sold Owen after a year on the bench for 18 Million , we took money for Woodgate !! ) ..

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Um no man. He was one of the best players of that era. Samely Ronaldo went for just under 50mln when he was just under 27 years old. If someone wanted Henry when he was around 25 years and scoring 30 goals per season, he would definitely have to pay over 50 and Arsenal never sell their peak players, nor would they sell Henry for any less.
I was saying that Bale would have cost a maximum of 30M in that market... Henry would have probably cost around 50 yeah, but it would still amount to a maximum of 80 considering the inflation and the oil rich dudes. Bale is costing you more than even Henry would have done in his prime!!

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
The ridiculous thing about Tata making is not avoiding the question. Is 100 mil absurd? Totally, but paying 40 million as a signing on bonus is also ridiculous and disrespectful considering Barcelona took money from a "charitable" foundation and gave it to one person.

However the point of paying over the odds is something I don't have a problem with it is that Martino ran his mouth too early in the season. When Ancelotti said that Martino didn't understand his own club or Europe, it also entails Martino during press conferences, because you know damn well how Spain is just waiting for something like this.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

That is silly, your management don't want to pay a lot for a CB, period. Been the case before Tata arrived.

kollegah

cavani, falcao, neymar, ibra, ribery are all by far better players than bale, no one of them cost more than 60mil€ - so bale overpriced about 40-50 mil, why are those madridos trying to justify the price of bale? the whole world is laughing at you, deal with it, dont whine around like kiddies

coco1247

Banned
What's there to think? We have a perfectly good looking team, our preseason was amazing, we are playing somewhat attractive footy (not quite there yet). How does this look like a good deal to you? Please explain that to me, because I haven't been able to comprehend it from day one.
I don't understand how you can think he's not that overpriced. It's really funny tbh. When you see what kind of crazy ass shit Ibra pulls week in, week out, how many goals Falcao scores and with what quality...I don't know. Bale isn't worth 70 mil, let alone 100. I'd understand if he were needed here and that's why Tot were asking for such crazy sum. But he's so redundant...

tello

No he can't shut his mouth, He has to say something, Bale is his next big star after all, But why did he had to make it personal?, Martino didn't point his finger toward carlo or any other figure, He spoke vaguely and in general.

How can Ancelotti bitchin' about 57 millions payed for Ney when R$al is already at the second 100 million trasfer ? What a huge hypocrite !

What's stupid about what Tata said about the 100m? I don't even think it was only about Bale, but transfer fees in general. They are out of reality. Neymar, Torres, Cavani and many others, all had insane numbers. But Bale is something else right now.

Those 100 million transfers are just way too much for Ancelotti to have the right to speak about Barca's purchasing numbers.

madrid fans defending bale´s transfer, what a huge pile of s***, :facepalm:

:VdB:

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
What's there to think? We have a perfectly good looking team, our preseason was amazing, we are playing somewhat attractive footy (not quite there yet). How does this look like a good deal to you? Please explain that to me, because I haven't been able to comprehend it from day one.
I don't understand how you can think he's not that overpriced. It's really funny tbh. When you see what kind of crazy ass shit Ibra pulls week in, week out, how many goals Falcao scores and with what quality...I don't know. Bale isn't worth 70 mil, let alone 100. I'd understand if he were needed here and that's why Tot were asking for such crazy sum. But he's so redundant...

I don't think it's a good deal. As a matter of fact I fully support the idea of staying with the squad that we have right now, but at this point why try to notice that fact if you're a football fan? Of course Cules are going to go on about it, because that's what they do. Naught wrong with that.

Now, as to the point of WHY it's overpriced and by how much, which is what we've been discussing, as I said he's not that overpriced for US. Average players now go for around 10-30mln depending on the club and the deal (unless it's some Carroll anomaly). We're going to make whatever we spend on him, it's a given, it's why this club still works and those banking problems don't come back to haunt us year-in-year-out as various members here I remember saying (most notably Sergio, who you may not now). I'm glad our club can be in that comfortable position. And why do people think it's selfish, why Wenger comes out and says it's a crime towards FFP (even though by that statement he proved he has no idea what FFP really is), why Tata who hasn't seen a game in Europe thinks it's lack of respect for the world? Because they don't know much detail about it. I usually struggle to find the right words for the situation and I can refer you back to Beast and Raed's statements that put it best. Tata is there to represent the club and the fact that he lets that financial settlement slide like that when thinking otherwise? As I said, it's not Newell's anymore, time to accept the big bucks.

Bale in this market is 60+ and the fact that he is a star player on that team, because he is reaching the peak of his career.. that's why we're paying that kind of money. Back in the day he'd be a 40 easily if he played the same role and the same caliber club was in question. Whether it's 70, 80 or 90... if you're the kind of club that can afford paying for such player, why would it matter if we're spending these 10, 20 or 30 more million now for Bale (who will be a star here) or for another role player in the coming years?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans