Camp Nou

Messi983

Limak, the Turkish company that is carrying out the Spotify Camp Nou works, has a series of financial penalties in its contract with FC Barcelona if it does not deliver 60% of all the works by November 30, 2024 or all of the same in June 2026. The penalties are draconian, since Limak will have to pay one million euros for each day it is delayed. The enthusiasm of carrying out this work with the consequent international prestige that it can give it and the conviction of its innovative way of working to carry out the works in record time led him to accept the challenge.

In the same way that Limak must pay Barça in the event of a delay, Barcelona must pay Limak in the event that the works are completed ahead of schedule. This is expressed in the contract they signed at the time. If Limak is late by one day, he pays 1 million. If Limak finishes a week early, Barça pays a variable fee to the Turkish company. And these bonuses are not only considered dated November 30 or June 1, 2026, but are evaluated in phases. In the case of Barça they count in days, in the case of Limak they count in weeks.

For example, the demolition phase ended several weeks ahead of schedule, so Barça will have to pay the first corresponding variable that was signed at the time, considering this phase a decisive thermometer to know the progress of the works. This date was also included as a variable. The demolition phase had to be completed on November 30, 2023 and ended at the end of October. The amount of this bonus could be close to one million euros.

Good news I guess.

Andresito

Staff member
Damn what are they feeding these Turks.

So the plan is to move in in Nov/Dec in a year, and then keep renovating for another year and a half. Full completion is due in almost three years. Long way to go.

Horatio

You're welcome
Damn what are they feeding these Turks.

So the plan is to move in in Nov/Dec in a year, and then keep renovating for another year and a half. Full completion is due in almost three years. Long way to go.
Apparently little. Reports say workers are massively underpaid.

Windhook

The report speaks of one Senegalese employee who has spent more than 20 years in Spain, who is trying to organise the workers to unite and submit formal complaints. Those in the documentary say they are being exploited, working 10-11 hours per day from Monday to Saturday for around €1,150 per month. The minimum wage in Spain is €8.45 per hour, or €1,080 per month, but is based on a 40-hour working week.

In addition to the alleged underpayment of the workers, there have also been complaints of unsafe working conditions. They do note that the Generalitat have completed three safety inspections without finding any issues, while Limak say they work with multiple companies responsible for safety assessments, and have not been alerted to any issues.

Meanwhile Barcelona say they have no direct relations with the subcontractors nor those employed. The Generalitat claim that no irregularities have been found thus far in the construction process, but El Periodico say they have found evidence of contractual irregularities.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

There won't be a 360 degree panaroma scoreboard like in Bernabeo 'as it was very distracting and people would looking at it rather than at the pitch'

@Andresito dude dont know where i could post this, pls move to another thread if it's wrong here, thx

Loki

There won't be a 360 degree panaroma scoreboard like in Bernabeo 'as it was very distracting and people would looking at it rather than at the pitch'

@Andresito dude dont know where i could post this, pls move to another thread if it's wrong here, thx
It's useless anyways. The score layout will be shown as always on 2 sides, just more electronic space for ads. Also because you won't see it on television anyways, as the camera only shows the field + first standing, sometimes the second in a wide angle, the ads above won't give nearly as much revenue as the ones on the field.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

It's useless anyways. The score layout will be shown as always on 2 sides, just more electronic space for ads. Also because you won't see it on television anyways, as the camera only shows the field + first standing, sometimes the second in a wide angle, the ads above won't give nearly as much revenue as the ones on the field.

If i understood it correctly there won't be only 2 anymore but 3 'new big screens'

Windhook

I saw recent pics of the contstruction work. Absolutely impossible to finish even 50% of the project until mid 2025.

The current phase is laying the foundations of the tiers beyond 1st tier. Which was kept it seems. Wasn't demolished.

Loki

I saw recent pics of the contstruction work. Absolutely impossible to finish even 50% of the project until mid 2025.

The current phase is laying the foundations of the tiers beyond 1st tier. Which was kept it seems. Wasn't demolished.
Let's see. I follow the construction nearly every day (there are 3 good youtube channels that cover the obras) and they're progressing very fast. They've started building around October/November as everything before was just demolition. In 4-5 months, they removed all the earth, built the foundation and completed most of the basement tier. They already started to work on the second tier.
In my opinion, it's definetely possible to play in the Camp Nou in November with the first and second stand finished and the third enough progressed, so fans can enter the stadium safely.
Limak's work is very impressive so far.

Home of Barca Fans