Camp Nou

Mcnico

I like the iconic shape of the current stadium with the curve, in a way it will be a shame to have the sides all level. Cover from the elements will definitely be a bonus and the seats are very shabby at the moment. Facelift is long overdue.

Sorin

Looks like a parking lot mixed with a shopping mall from the outside. And i read somewhere that it'll cost something like 600 million euros. If true then we're getting ripped off. Big time.

Alik

Looks like a parking lot mixed with a shopping mall from the outside. And i read somewhere that it'll cost something like 600 million euros. If true then we're getting ripped off. Big time.

And you conclude that just based on its looks?

Sorin

What else would i base it on? Does it look 600 million euros better than the current one?

Sure, the capacity will increase, it will have a roof and all that but the exterior design should at least be better than that ffs.

Last edited:

Sorin

The point i was trying to make is that it's a shit load of money for a basic improvement(sans the roof. that was necessary). I don't even have anything against it. IMO, It just looks like the costs are too big. Maybe it's just me.

For example Wembley cost twice of that. And wembley looks better, has a retractable roof and was built from scratch.

But hey, you don't have to agree with me.

Last edited:

Alik

What else would i base it on? Does it look 600 million euros better than the current one?

Sure, the capacity will increase, it will have a roof and all that but the exterior design should at least be better than that ffs.

Are you serious?

There is a whole list improvements given.

Better protection from weather, better views, better screens, better accessibility and comfort, better services, underground car park.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/13643-New-Camp-Nou

That's not free you know.

The point i was trying to make is that it's a shit load of money for a basic improvement(sans the roof. that was necessary). I don't even have anything against it. IMO, It just looks like the costs are too big. Maybe it's just me.

For example Wembley cost twice of that. And wembley looks better, has a retractable roof and was built from scratch.

But hey, you don't have to agree with me.

That's fine and different from saying "What else would you base it on other than looks?".

Sorin

Yeah, i wasn't very clear with my first post.

I know that improvements will be made which will make a world of difference for the spectators and everyone involved with the club. And i agree that better services and accommodation for spectators and visitors are the most important things and design is secondary, but i don't know, I expected something better in that regard too, especially for the 600 millions big ones we have to whore our stadium name to.

At least, that's my point of view.

Catalan Fan

Looks better currently?! Right now the inside looks like a concrete, unfinished bunker peppered with depressed hot-dog sellers standing by their street-type carts. Then, if you don't break your legs on the dodgy stairs (which tend to not have any bannisters to hold on to) you get to spend the match seating on shitty, uncomfortable plastic chairs. At this point just giving it a lick of paint is going to improve it tenfold.

:lol:

It's all relative... back in the day I went to grounds when it was all standing behind the goals and you were penned in like cattle, and at half time some of the gentlemen would just "relieve" themselves where they stood ! :(

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Legit point:

Biggest surprise - This design limits the amount of opportunities for signage and advertising for sponsors and promotion. Not that Barca is in desperate need for cash but I was surely expecting a myriad of smaller spots for various sponsors to have their brand associated with the club. Rather tough to do with this design, now.

From what I have read everywhere, vast majority of folks don't like the new design.

F

Flavia

Legit point:

From what I have read everywhere, vast majority of folks don't like the new design.

I read complaints about it not having movie theaters or stores too. It seems there'll be only conference rooms, a hotel and restaurants.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I read complaints about it not having movie theaters or stores too. It seems there'll be only conference rooms, a hotel and restaurants.

Yeah. I have to say the new Abu Dhabi Bernabeu looks much more impressive :(

The more I look at the ours the less I like it. We just don't seem to have the same business acumen that Real Madrid does.

aF413Be.jpg

RNYmy1H.jpg

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Meh, looks like a massive tin box and that name is just utterly embarrassing. Not that the new Camp Nou looks better, but still.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, at least from what I have seen the opinion on the new Abu Dhabi is split (with more favoring it), with ours it is overwhelming rejection. :(

Home of Barca Fans