Busquets replacement

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we had genuine interest in Redondo then he would probably come. He is already 20 and the Madrid/Barca train rarely comes twice.

From what I'm reading he only really exploded this year, because you would think Madrid would have gone for him. Wouldn't cost alot too considering his club.

I'm guessing from the brief of what I seen that his physical was always lacking and that's what held him back. Hell, it looks like it still might be a problem for Europe (Gago).

Think Diaz is the better play though if you got 5-8m and can only go for one.

Ditch both and sign Romeo Lavia for 35-40m.

delancey

How about playing like Pep does?

3-2-4-1

Two pivots. Garcia and De Jong. If you don’t like Garcia, then move Araujo or Christensen here. Buy an affordable right back.

DonAK

How about playing like Pep does?

3-2-4-1

Two pivots. Garcia and De Jong. If you don’t like Garcia, then move Araujo or Christensen here. Buy an affordable right back.

Would rather beg Busquets to come back than watch Eric start for Barca.

jamrock

None of that will work, if you put any defender beside De jong in a double pivot, you are essentially asking de jong to then be the busquets of the midfield, which he's showed time & time again he cannot Do, that's simply not his game.

Closest thing to that is Zubi, which is why xavi wants him, he allows everyone else in the midfield to play to their strengths.

soul24rage

Quite like Carlos Alcaraz from the Saints.
I like Alcaraz, but he's been played as an AM for the Saints, even as a SS and don't think his profile suits a pivot that Xavi wants.

If he wasn't so expensive, Alexis Mac Allister would have been a great replacement, as he's versatile.

DonAK

Is lavia actually any good or is he just a fifa wonderkid?

I rate him highly, but he's not the finished product yet. I do believe he got the potential to be World Class though.

Will very likely join a top team this summer. If he stays in England will probably be one of Liverpool who is he strongly linked to, Arsenal or back to City maybe if Gundogan leaves.

jamrock

I rate him highly, but he's not the finished product yet. I do believe he got the potential to be World Class though.

Will very likely join a top team this summer. If he stays in England will probably be one of Liverpool who is he strongly linked to, Arsenal or back to City maybe if Gundogan leaves.

Okay, never really seen him play, but I've heard a lot of buzz around is name.

Porque

Is lavia actually any good or is he just a fifa wonderkid?

I think the top 5 (minus City are all linked to him). Ironically City are the ones with a buyback clause.

So yeah, might be the real deal but very far from Barca. And as Madrid have shown with ComeToBed and Tchou, not a sure bet they instantly adapt to the highest level. So I get Xavi dilemma in a Busi replacement right now, even if we should have gone for a high potential option this summer or the winter before while Busi was here and money was available.

Home of Barca Fans