Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I get a feeling we'll be soon getting the sloppy seconds (after Bayern have their satisfaction of German based talent) of some of the best talent in the league.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I get a feeling we'll be soon getting the sloppy seconds (after Bayern have their satisfaction of German based talent) of some of the best talent in the league.

By "we" you mean Liverpool, Ed?

Bayern can only get so many players, as attractive as it is to German players. They can't digest them all. Plus you will have the likes of Reus who refuse to go to Bayern and other players who might not fit Bayern's style and system. They will most likely stay in Germany though as German players have rarely gone abroad and became successful after Matthäus-Klinsmann-Brehme with Inter.

I think what is more interesting about Bayern is that Pep seems to get a lot more flexible with his ideas than he was before. That Bayern team is as flexible as it can be - maybe without being good with set-pieces.

I do not think that Pep ever had 20 of 28 goals of his team scored by 2 strikers... :wub:

The quality of the players - I guess some are still underappreciated or less hyped than they should be. Bayern never was about getting or buying the most hyped stars - but that e.g. a Ribery or Robben gets less praise than some others has a lot do with not playing in the most monitored leagues - or maybe working in a system where not everything is centered around them.

What some do not see is that Bayern right now still has injury problems. They played the season without any of Ribery or Robben - Robben started teamtraining today, Ribery started running outside (but with him it will take longer as he was out so long). Bayern played most of the matches with only one central defender (Leverkusen we even beat without one 3:0).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think what is more interesting about Bayern is that Pep seems to get a lot more flexible with his ideas than he was before. That Bayern team is as flexible as it can be - maybe without being good with set-pieces.

I do not think that Pep ever had 20 of 28 goals of his team scored by 2 strikers... :wub:

The quality of the players - I guess some are still underappreciated or less hyped than they should be. Bayern never was about getting or buying the most hyped stars - but that e.g. a Ribery or Robben gets less praise than some others has a lot do with not playing in the most monitored leagues - or maybe working in a system where not everything is centered around them.

What some do not see is that Bayern right now still has injury problems. They played the season without any of Ribery or Robben - Robben started teamtraining today, Ribery started running outside (but with him it will take longer as he was out so long). Bayern played most of the matches with only one central defender (Leverkusen we even beat without one 3:0).

I think Robbery did get about the right amount of acclaim they deserved when they were beasting it out. What more could people have said about them? Bayern after all, to your point, was never about one or two players that are miles ahead of everyone else. Robbery had been great, but not THAT much better than the likes of Mueller, Lahm, Schweinsteiger etc.

And they have not been missed, especially with Ribery since Bayern had other options up their sleeves before Douglas Costa arrived. Robben's return certainly will add more firepower to Bayern's already impressive attacking portfolio, but I doubt how much better Bayern can get with them back compared to what you guys are already capable of doing today.

All signs are pointing to Guardiola extending with you guys, I think, even if he wins you a CL this season.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Plus you will have the likes of Reus who refuse to go to Bayern

Bayern opted to not approach him/declare their interest to BVB for him, as they literally didn't want to sign yet another BVB player. There is a difference to "who refuses to go to Bayern". That "Bayern shall never have me" (or something like that) quote by him was completely fabricated by the british Mirror. BVB themselves were the ones to expose that horseshit.

JamDav1982

People 'moan' about how boring the league is as it is a foregone conclusion who will win it.

What that article fails to realise is that the vast, vast majority of people outwith Germany couldn't care less who finishes second or gets relegated

No matter how close games are or how open league below Bayern is people in general don't care and won't watch.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

The article doesn't fail to realize it. It's the article's very conclusion, which makes we wonder if you have read it until the end.

Yannik

The most important thing about any competition in every sport on this planet is who wins it.

From a superficial point of view, yes. But when you are really into the respective sport, then you are paying attention to a thousand things, and not just one, even if you perceive it as the most important one out of them.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

From a superficial point of view, yes. But when you are really into the respective sport, then you are paying attention to a thousand things, and not at just one, even if you perceive it as the most important one out of them.

The issue is not people being 'really into a sport'. If you are really in to German football then you may well find the race for second or relegation fight interesting.

People already interested in German football will watch anyway but more casual fans in competition with other leagues won't as in general there is not time or desire to study each league in detail when there are so many leagues played each weekend.

In general people will only take an interest in the title race.

All signs are pointing to Guardiola extending with you guys, I think, even if he wins you a CL this season.

I hope so. I think that he has made a development as a coach at Bayern, too, and that it might have changed his idea of football a little bit that he had before when he was mainly working with Barcelona and that setup.

I liked that article of the Independent:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/bayern-munich-have-won-the-bundesliga-title-already-and-theyve-only-played-eight-matches-a6680236.html

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I hope so. I think that he has made a development as a coach at Bayern, too, and that it might have changed his idea of football a little bit that he had before when he was mainly working with Barcelona and that setup.

+1

He has become a lot more open-minded regarding his tactical setup, we play a lot more vertically again, meaning quicker transition rather than useless passing around, and he finally plays players in their natural positions, albeit with much increased fluency in their positional shift during the match. I literally have nothing more to hold against him.

Home of Barca Fans