BREAKING NEWS: Barca elections to be held in 2015

King Leo

Banned
Good news and thanks to Messi. I've been saying this for two years now. Messi and Rosell's board can't co-exist. Messi will stay if the board is gone and will leave if these morons are elected which I seriously can't see happening. As for the ban, a new coach can turn things around and build on momentum. It wont be easy but our squad is far more formidable than many clubs out there. We need a new vision, a new spirit and will present a serious challenge to any heavy-weight in Europe.

I dont see us winning anything. In fact I see us losing to Man city which I predicted a while back and you can thank Luise Enrique for that. Unfortunately, they're not letting go the rookie coach and can't see moral improving either.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Based on what?

Why would he give Messi what he wants if Messi is already gone?

No one would want to be remembered for being the one who chose the newbie coach over Messi and let him leave just like that.

He probably called for elections since the calls for it started to get stronger and only stronger.

vinni

Hate him or hate him.....Bartomeu has done what's best for the club and none of us thought he would ever do that. Despite the obvious lies he was always going to tell (saying barca is strong under him as president - he can't say anything else as it wouldn't bode well for HIS election chances) but he came across in that press conference full of class, and without admitting it, I could feel he felt a bit sorry for the situation. The main thing though, he has done what was best for the club, best for the fans and now the members have an opportunity to get Laporta back. I don't like him, but credit where it's due, well done Bartomeu, for once.

+1

Amir1983

I'm looking forward very much for the upcoming election.

This will be a very interesting election, as none of the presidential candidates can bring in players, especially star players.

FC B

Awesome news !
Now we should pray they choose the right president who, in time, given the circumstances will change the club from bad to great !

XaviMessiGirl

No one would want to be remembered for being the one who chose the newbie coach over Messi and let him leave just like that.

He probably called for elections since the calls for it started to get stronger and only stronger.

Yeah, it's a last ditch effort to save face and that's it. Though this news has definitely made me happier than the news about Zubi, because this could be the end of the root of all the problems with this club. A year earlier than we all thought too.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Read all this in the morning during school, took a good deal of willpower not to cheer.

There's really no need to speak about the significance of this, cules have been dreaming and ranting about it for years. Joyous start to the year in football.

L

linetty

I'm looking forward very much for the upcoming election.

This will be a very interesting election, as none of the presidential candidates can bring in players, especially star players.
With a good coach and management in general we will be back to best again. We have a good enough squad to form up a team fighting on all fronts and that is causing a feeling of fear in the opponent...We will be able to make transfers half a year after the elections though.

SeloBarca

I can only see Laporta winning. I think most want an experianced board. And bring back Cruyff. He might say stupid stuff, but his ideas are sound. He actually knows football unlike the current board.

mssarm

and I was complaining the other day that I haven't heard any good news for Barcelona in last couple years. Finally something positive. It brings the chaos and crisis at the same time, but this could potentially continued for another year. We all can argue who should be the new boss of Barca, but no fan was happy with the current board. Now, most likely we are not going to win anything this season with the morale like this, but we can wait. I don't know how long Lucho will stay, but I will cheer for every win for the rest of the season regardless who is the coach on the bench.

Home of Barca Fans