BREAKING NEWS: Barca elections to be held in 2015

Bertus

The new Sporting Director will have time to prepare though. That's good right? Maybe we'll see some signings be made next winter transfer window.
They will, but you know it's not the same. No big club will sell important players during the winter window because of the CL as it is very difficult to find replacement.

If people expect big chances (I expect big changes because I think the team needs it), the situation is stuck till summer 2016.

khaled_a_d

Hate him or hate him.....Bartomeu has done what's best for the club and none of us thought he would ever do that. Despite the obvious lies he was always going to tell (saying barca is strong under him as president - he can't say anything else as it wouldn't bode well for HIS election chances) but he came across in that press conference full of class, and without admitting it, I could feel he felt a bit sorry for the situation. The main thing though, he has done what was best for the club, best for the fans and now the members have an opportunity to get Laporta back. I don't like him, but credit where it's due, well done Bartomeu, for once.

He has done it one year late ,the board should have left after Rosell resigning

F

Flavia

Hate him or hate him.....Bartomeu has done what's best for the club and none of us thought he would ever do that. Despite the obvious lies he was always going to tell (saying barca is strong under him as president - he can't say anything else as it wouldn't bode well for HIS election chances) but he came across in that press conference full of class, and without admitting it, I could feel he felt a bit sorry for the situation. The main thing though, he has done what was best for the club, best for the fans and now the members have an opportunity to get Laporta back. I don't like him, but credit where it's due, well done Bartomeu, for once.

Seriously? He did what was best for himself, again. He was fearing the Camp Nou tomorrow would be full of people asking him to resign. The board member also met with him earlier today, and asked for elections, or they would resign, and Barto would have to resign as well, also fearing the backslash of the members.
Now he can keep being the president until the elections. Don't be this naive... He hasn't done anything so far thinking about the club. Or he would had resign along with Rosell, and elections would had been held last summer.

F

Flavia

If you had ambitions of leading barcelona, would you turn it down? Selfish it was and yes it should never have happened, but the man had dreams.

Dreams? Who cares about his dreams, honestly? This is a huge club, and a "man's dream" is not a reason for taking any kind of decision :facepalm:

xxxxxx

Meh.... still doesn't change the fact we can't sign anyone till next year..... and our squad isn't very good. It isn't just down to Enrique.

It's going to take years for us to get back to our best.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

I don't feel sorry for him. He should have stepped down when Rosell did.

F

Flavia

He doesn't know how to lead though. He left everything as it was under Rosell.

Yes. And his decision of not going to bdor, as a "protest" because of the ban, is pretty ridiculous, imo. It was their fault it got to that. And today he also said Barça has no relations to fifa, until the ban ends. And that will write a furious letter to Blatter. Childish.

L

linetty

Messi didnt decide to leave the club. He followed Chelsea on instagram :facepalm: (he also follows Man City)

F

Flavia

I got a bad feeling that he is calling elections because Messi decided to leave the club.

He wouldn't call elections, if this was the motive. Because if Messi leaves, they automatically lose the election. The only chance he has to win now, as Bartomeu will run, is salvaging the season, and obviously keeping Messi.

Home of Barca Fans