Brazil

impeh

Hi, its me..
was entertaining for a friendly :blush:

Can see the logic in playing neymar down the middle as the kid can pass, but you get the feeling hes better out on the wing when he can properly cut inside and run at people, plus hulk was pretty awful.

enjoyed the game though.

F

Flavia

Scolari showed he has no idea of what he's doing when he subbed Oscar for Kaka... pfff. Hulk shouldn't be there either, he's poor. That blunder was laughable.

Brazil is 3 years without a win against a strong nt.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hulk has not been the same since he left Porto, not sure he can be legitimately included in the starting XI...2nd time I've seen Jean out there, he looks quite good...Kaka is a relic in this Brasilian side...Oscar, the sky is the limit...Neymar, better than the showing against England but I still think the MVP of this squad is Oscar...I thought Filipe Luis looked quite good apart from that rash challenge...Too many questions for Scolari to answer ahead of the WC, for me...Silva partnering up with Luiz should make him less of a liability but it's the midfield that continues to look absent...I don't think Costa is a good fit either

Prandelli finally makes the Azzurri an entertaining side to watch, he's been a genius appointment

PearLBLacK

Banned
Should play David Luiz in MF and Silva - Dante in defense. With both Alves and Marcelo great at attacking, it makes sense to play with a DM that can slot back in the defense. Luiz alongside Hernanes and Oscar, or Luiz and Ramires behind Neymar - Oscar/Hernanes - Moura in a 4-2-3-1.

But the first step is getting over the obsession with the old guys.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Should play David Luiz in MF and Silva - Dante in defense. With both Alves and Marcelo great at attacking, it makes sense to play with a DM that can slot back in the defense. Luiz alongside Hernanes and Oscar, or Luiz and Ramires behind Neymar - Oscar/Hernanes - Moura in a 4-2-3-1.

But the first step is getting over the obsession with the old guys.

Filipe Luis over Marcelo any day.

-----------Alves
----Dani-Silva-Dante-Luis
-------Luiz-Ramires
Lucas-Oscar/Hernanes-Neymar
----------Leandro

I wonder how that lineup would work

GiantKiller

I still haven't understood why Willian, and even Fernandinho, haven't been playing for the NT. Surely, they'd be better and add more than the likes of Hulk and Fernando? :/

Andrew M

I still haven't understood why Willian, and even Fernandinho, haven't been playing for the NT. Surely, they'd be better and add more than the likes of Hulk and Fernando? :/

Willian got injured in first leg against Newcastle.

I don't know why David Luiz plays ahead of Miranda. Obviously Silva and Dante first choice, but Luiz is such a clown. Just because Atleti have not the profile Chelsea have. Miranda has been a colossus this year.

DucdeOrléans

What is the cause for the use of attackers such as Fred and Hulk? Are there not better options currently or does Scolari prefer them over the other alternatives available? What has happened to Damião? Is he injured?

It's rather tragic to witness the downfall of Brazilian attackers (and the national team as a whole) compared to just a decade ago. Are Neymar and Damião all that a football crazy country like Brazil of nearly 200 million inhabitants can offer for now?

And if not what are the upcoming talents? According to a Brazilian friend of mind from the university then the performances of the u-teams as of late have been rather poor as well.

F

Flavia

What is the cause for the use of attackers such as Fred and Hulk? Are there not better options currently or does Scolari prefer them over the other alternatives available? What has happened to Damião? Is he injured?

It's rather tragic to witness the downfall of Brazilian attackers (and the national team as a whole) compared to just a decade ago. Are Neymar and Damião all that a football crazy country like Brazil of nearly 200 million inhabitants can offer for now?

And if not what are the upcoming talents? According to a Brazilian friend of mind from the university then the performances of the u-teams as of late have been rather poor as well.
Damião disappeared, I haven't heard from him in a while... I don'y pay much attention to what happens with internacional or gremio, it could be it. But yes, the newer generations are poor, compared to what it once was.

DucdeOrléans

Damião disappeared, I haven't heard from him in a while... I don'y pay much attention to what happens with internacional or gremio, it could be it. But yes, the newer generations are poor, compared to what it once was.

That does not sound encouraging, Flavia. I am surprised that there are so few promising attacking talents as of now. At least it seems to be the case.

Which team do you support locally? Flamingo? Santos? Or was it Bahia?:)

Pato will lead them to glory

He might get injured at the very beginning though, bit fragile

:lol:

A 40 year old Rivaldo could do a better job. At least he would be fit.

:troll:

F

Flavia

That does not sound encouraging, Flavia. I am surprised that there are so few promising attacking talents as of now. At least it seems to be the case.

Which team do you support locally? Flamingo? Santos? Or was it Bahia?:)
Yes, Bahia. But I just like them, my only team is Barça :p
There were some others promising attackers, like Jobson. This one seemed to have a great future, but his career went downhill because of drugs. He's only 25 now, and has been struggling since he was 22/23. A shame.
Keirrison and Kerlon are other 2 failed promises. There's a lot of those.

DucdeOrléans

Yes, Bahia. But I just like them, my only team is Barça :p
There were some others promising attackers, like Jobson. This one seemed to have a great future, but his career went downhill because of drugs. He's only 25 now, and has been struggling since he was 22/23. A shame.
Keirrison and Kerlon are other 2 failed promises. There's a lot of those.

LOL, that's the home club of Dani, no? I was in the Bahia state two years ago and visited Salvador and a few other places, including some amazing coastal towns and beaches one of them being Porto Seguro. I think I posted a few pictures on this forum even. Anyway I had a lovely two weeks and loved the place, people, food etc. Not a bad place to live in that's for sure! Sometimes I would trade my life as a student with that of poor fishermen in Bahia. At least I would enjoy good weather all year round.:lol:

Yeah, so many promising talents in sports and outside of it have wasted their talents due to immature/unwise decisions.

Actually I was reminded of the Brazilian contingent at Shakhtar Donetsk. Douglas Costa and Willian in particular. The latter is playing in Russia now mind you. Are they good enough in your mind? Or what about that little fellow in Santos who looks a bit like Neymar?

It would be a shame for the Brazilian public if you flopped at home.

Keirrison..... Whatever happened with that guy? Very strange change of events. Once the top scorer in the Brasileirão just to flop at Benfica, Viola and later at Santos, never to be heard about more or less. Last time I read about him in Sport and El Mundo Deportivo was when he reportedly suffered a damaged knee ligament, his loan extension and return to Coritiba. Is he even playing now in the Campeonato Paranaense?

Last edited:

abual3bed1

Júlio César, Diego Cavalieri, Jefferson.
Jean, Daniel Alves, David Luiz, Dante, Thiago Silva [captain], Marcelo, Filipe Luís, Réver.
Luiz Gustavo, Fernando, Paulinho, Hernanes, Oscar, Jádson, Bernard.
Lucas Moura, Neymar, Hulk, Fred, Leandro Damião.

No Ronaldinho, Kaka, Ramires, Adriano or Lucas Lieva. Interesting choices for Scolari.

B

beautifulgame

THAT is a very talented team

Phil needs to pick up Cassio Ramos already. Should be the starting GK in my opinion.

also, the only other weak spot I see is a killer forward at the levels Brasil is use to. Neymar doesn't yet have the balls to perform in any situation like Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Romario and young Ronaldinho did. and Fred is a good finisher but lazy.

Edit: didn't see Damiao was back. he should start if any of the forwards other than Neymar are gonna be in the lineup.

In my honest opinion, Brasil should try without a true 9 altogether.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans