Brazil

F

Flavia

Surprised no Roberto Firmino though. He's going to be a magnificent player.

He's really unknown here in brazil. And he might be a great player someday, but Scolari would never call a player he hasn't called before.

B

beautifulgame

This is a far better team than any combination of that squad:-

Diego Alves

Rafinha - Dede - Miranda - Filipe Luis

Fernando Reges - Sandro

Lucas Moura - Phil C - Firmino

Lima

Subs: Kaka, Robinho, Alex, Marquinhos, Raffael, Leandro Damaio, Lucas Leiva, Pato

Lol k ed

barcanuck

Brazil team is really thin. Their defense is very solid and Neymar as the focal point does make take away from the lack of depth on the team.

BrazilFan

You guys understand that it essentially the same team from the confederations cup that thrash Spain and Italy in the confederation cup.

Scolari goes by international form and chemistry over talent and popularity.Lucas Moura hasn't played well for Brazil. He's very talented but he couldn't outperform Bernard which I said form > talent.

Miranda and Felipe are disappointing omissions but Miranda would of been 4th choice, does it even matter, they rarely play. He's not starting over Luiz and Silva who has been the starters under Scolari in fact both are his captains. In Felipe case, it just Maxwell did well in Marcelo absence in a couple of games so I'm guessing that why he got the nod, Felipe wasn't bad when he played for the NT though. Coutinho probably deserved a call up before hand to evaluate but his spot is pretty competitive.

Fred and Jo are not typical Brazilian forwards but Fred has 11 or 12 goals in like 13 games for Scolari. I can't see how you argue that but people just don't like Fred. Not to many Brazil fans care for Jo though. We just don't have the depth at that position. Pato and Damiao are really not that much better. Someone will mention Costa who Scolari did call before he even blew up this season. He played I think 2 friendlies for us. Didn't really show much and he wasn't that good during the Confederation cup to cap-tie him. We blame FIFA more than Scolari for that disaster.

Jenks

I thought this was England's year? :pep:

Post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-gif-Hje6.gif

Last edited:

Ghost

Leaving Filipe Luis out of the WC will remain the worst decision by a football coach till the end of time. No exaggeration. Absolutely disgraceful.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Marcelo is the starter anyway. He probably brought Maxwell for a more experienced guy and squad dynamics.

Home of Barca Fans