Boxing

cmsy27

Even in our country uninterrupted PPV for this fight costs around $45, but if you can tune in to one of our major networks (GMA-7, TV5, or ABS-CBN) you can watch the fight for free (albeit a little later than the livestream by some minutes and with a heck of a lot of commercials in between). Maybe someone will be kind enough to broadcast one of those channels on Sopcast or one of the other P2P players online :)

raskolnikov

Wlads reign is no different from Louis or Holmes, people just hate on him cause he is European. If his name was Walter Johnson from the USA, he would be hailed as one of the best heavyweights ever.

DennyCrane

Wlads reign is no different from Louis or Holmes, people just hate on him cause he is European. If his name was Walter Johnson from the USA, he would be hailed as one of the best heavyweights ever.

People hate on him because he's boring. Jab, jab, hold, jab, jab, hold, jab, right cross, hold, jab, left hook, hold, repeat. And it works, which is even worse. Wins the same way every time.

serghei

Lewis was also european, and people see him as an all time great. Wlad can't compare with these guys, come on, let's be real.

Leo_Messi

Lewis was also european, and people see him as an all time great. Wlad can't compare with these guys, come on, let's be real.

It's an insult to compare them with each other. Lewis was clearly the better boxer and athlete let alone entertainer. No contest IMO. One of the all-time greats.

Heavyweight boxing is dead ever since Lewis retired.

Pretty much this.

People hate on him because he's boring. Jab, jab, hold, jab, jab, hold, jab, right cross, hold, jab, left hook, hold, repeat. And it works, which is even worse. Wins the same way every time.

Exactly. Nothing to do with him being an European.

Heavyweight boxings was dire even before Lewis retired, only difference is the current top heavyweight is unable to appeal to the US market the way other boxers could previously, his style of boxing is attributable to it

Last edited:

FC B

Pacquiao vs. Mayweather. I hope Pac Man wins it but I know the most likely outcome is Floyd winning it from decision. Unfortunately It's very hard for me to see how it could go differently.

What's your fav for the fight and why ?:)

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Mayweather, but one solid punch from pacman like Shane Mosley did could change the momentum. Pacman might win the first couple rounds but if it goes all the way I see floyd winning. He is a better boxer.

I am a pacquiao fan though as his fights were the best entertainment when I first started watching boxing.

FC B

I kinda dislike Floyd's style of boxing, defending, punching without any real force but counting to the judges, constantly running and counter when facing strong oponents, etc.
Moreover imo he lost the fight against Oscar De La Hoya and also was seriously shaken after the first one vs. Maidana but ofc judges gave the fights to him.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I actually don't hate floyd as some people do, infact I think he's very smart. His defence is also an art in itself.

You're right that if it's close the judges will favour him. Pacman needs to land at least one powerful punch and go for a ko. 12 rounds don't help him.

FC B

Don't hate him either and indeed he is smart and sneaky when it comes to defending and scoring punches that barely have any fore behind them.
Unfortunately Pacman needs to make a hell of a impression in this fight to even stand a change of a win by the judges and that's what really makes me puke about this sport:puke: It is such a shame.

At least I hope we'll see a great fight though I'm convinced that's pretty unlikely considering Floyd's style..

cmsy27

Pacquiao of course. If he wins, he will get a hero's welcome when he comes home. Hell, it might even be declared a holiday, such is this country's love for our boy :lol:

Mayweather is extremely arrogant (unbelievably hard to like - actually, does anyone even really like this guy?) and while his record may be perfect, he didn't achieve that because he was the best boxer, only a very smart one. Manny is fast; if things go his way he'll catch Mayweather unawares and let's hope it's a KO because I agree, if it comes to the judges' decision the win goes to Mayweather for sure.

Home of Barca Fans