Borussia Dortmund

ccesc

Half the squad out injured, away against Nuremberg. What do you mean?

Yes. Nuremberg away is hard. So I can't understand why he changed so much. No Mhkitaryan, Sahin or Lewa. Hummels was injured. So there wasn't really a player to structure the game that can play the deadly pass.
I also think the system changed a lot during the game. There were times I couldn't see any structure.
I think these are the games that decide the championship. And here we lost 2 points.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Yes. Nuremberg away is hard. So I can't understand why he changed so much. No Mhkitaryan, Sahin or Lewa. Hummels was injured. So there wasn't really a player to structure the game that can play the deadly pass.
I also think the system changed a lot during the game. There were times I couldn't see any structure.
I think these are the games that decide the championship. And here we lost 2 points.
Yeah, a few too many changes, but I understand why he rotated as such. Loads of injuries and a knock-out game on Tuesday, so better not take any risks... Perhaps he shouldn't have played both Ducksch AND Durm though.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
That's unfair. But Marseille seems like an easy opponent for Dortmund, no?

I have no doubts Dortmund will beat them, especially because they're tremendously strong at home and have some extra motivation now (which is usually one of their greatest strength).

Still not good though, especially because the ban might be extended to 3 games. UEFA will apparently decide about it on 2nd of October, after the Marseille game. Would be a bit over the top in my eyes...

ccesc

Extra time in national cup against 1860 München. 0:0 right now
72% possession
23:2 shots
14:0 corners

Lewandowski got a big chance but couldn't score from 4 metres on the empty goal

ccesc

39:2 shots
91% pass accurancy
77% ball possession
4 times crossbar or post
14:1 corners

1860 parked the bus and Dortmund was very dominant. But in my opinion we weren't very creative. Gündogan is needed.
Our set-pieces (? don't know if its the right word) offensive + defensive are just terrible.

Science Kid

What's happening to this club in the past couple of years is a travesty and a primal showcase that football has long ago lost everything that made it a fair competition and turn into a business,very often corrupt.

99% of the clubs in the world serve as incubators for 4 or 5 clubs that have all the money in the world and no laws to prevent them from doing whatever the hell they want with it.Until UEFA/FIFA put out a salary cap this type of shit will continue to happen.

The American sports have a vastly superior model where you can build a team and keep a team,if you want a star player,you're going to give one as well and not just buy it.

BVB had a completely dominant domestic championship in 2010/11...Sahin,Hummels,Goetze,Barios and Kagawa were the main stars,all young,with plenty of potential for the future.Lewandowski was absolutely terrible,a complete liability when he was on the pitch.Kagawa was injured in January and didn't play for the rest of the season.BVB didn't rush him and gave him all the time to recover completely.As soon as the season ended all the usual vultures(Real,Manchester,etc) tried to grab these players but only Sahin took the bait and left.BVB bought Gundogan as his replacement and he became a superior player in no time,helping the team to an even better and more dominant domestic season resulting in the double.Goetze was injured in January and didn't play for the rest of the season.BVB didn't rush him and gave him all the time to recover completely.As soon as the season ended Kagawa decided to leave,even though BVB took him from the second Japanese division,build him up,nurtured him,etc...BVB bought Reus in the meantime and with him,BVB had a spectacular season in Europe until the moment when Goetze announced that he will leave the team for their direct rivals in the summer.Notice the pattern between him and Kagawa,both were given everything they needed to blossom and they left as soon as more money were on the table.

Not only Goetze ruined the chemistry of the team,he conveniently injured himself just before playing against Bayern in the final.

And now Lewandowski is pulling the same crap again...he was a terrible,terrible player in his first season,any team would have given up on him but they gave him another chance and now he acts like the team is beneath him,again,going to the team he used to beat.

Is there any resemblance of unity left in football?Loyalty?Friendship?Any pride in not taking the easy way out and trying to build something better,being part of a TEAM instead of selling yourself like a whore to the highest bidder.

Watching Dirk Nowitzki winning the NBA title with Dallas is what every player in every sport should aspire to...creating your own legacy,under your own terms,not being just another name in a corporate club.

Thankfully there's Barca but i'm basically sick of football at the moment,it's corrupt,it's often blatantly fixed and there's no integrity left in the game.

No one cares for being part of a team anymore,only making more money,having more fame,changing clubs like underwear...

Just try to imagine someone like Larry Bird playing for the Lakers,or M.J playing for the Pistons...integrity and pure competitiveness meant something else for those guys.These primadonna sellouts wouldn't have a clue.

Last edited:

barcanuck

^Science Kid - great post. Totally agreed. Sadly in Germany Bayern has always distablized other clubs in Germany by buying their best players. It's what they do.

Home of Barca Fans