Bojan Krkic

Evil

Shabazz
Well he's 23 years old, excellent striker, good finishing, good in the air. Ex-Madrid player ... like Luis Enrique, and then Eto'o. He's scored 19 this season, mostly doing the work himself. I'm sure he can bag much more with players like Messi/Xavi and Iniesta.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I agree with meta on most things about bojan but not that he is our backup if we dont get villa. He is definitely a future starter, but he is still at the stage where he is being eased into the team. Like my man quash said he needs to bulk up alot. Do u believe bojan can be our main man in europe as well next season? He isnt the write-off everyone was labelling him as, but he isnt enough of the finished product for him to be our first choice striker.

you don't think so?

no doubt he needs to get a bit bigger, and that will happen the older he gets anyway, but for me he's shown real talent and ability to finish. he can hold the ball up, dribble, hell he's even decent in the air.

I think with an experienced number 9 backing him up, he could definitely be our number one next year. he will grow into his first-team role as pique did this year.

maz

I walk the line
you don't think so?

no doubt he needs to get a bit bigger, and that will happen the older he gets anyway, but for me he's shown real talent and ability to finish. he can hold the ball up, dribble, hell he's even decent in the air.

I think with an experienced number 9 backing him up, he could definitely be our number one next year. he will grow into his first-team role as pique did this year.

No i dont believe he can be our first choice striker in europe next season. If things turn out that he is that, and he does well, then i would gladly accept i was wrong. But i just dont see it happening in one season. Iniesta improved so dam quickly over the past few seasons but in 04/05 he was our most played outfield player, and he was close to it in 05/06. I cant see bojan improving that quickly. Ill give him 2 seasons of being eased into the squad and then he'll be a starter.

And good in the air? In the CL there are at most 2 telling teams that u come up against on your way to winning the cup. The likes of chelsea, united, liverpool, inter etc. Youll only really end up coming up against 2 of those teams. Are u saying bojan would be able to score some headers against those teams? I know he wasnt a starter for the Chelsea game at the Camp Nou but those are the kind of situations he'll be in next season if he starts for us. He missed that header, and that doesnt fill me with much faith. He is a quality finisher, and even has a decent shot from outside the box (im surprised pep doesnt utilise that more when bojan is on the pitch). But i wouldnt go near to saying he is decent in the air.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Well he's 23 years old, excellent striker, good finishing, good in the air. Ex-Madrid player ... like Luis Enrique, and then Eto'o. He's scored 19 this season, mostly doing the work himself. I'm sure he can bag much more with players like Messi/Xavi and Iniesta.
Interesting point on Alvaro ... from Marca:

"Real Madrid have a buy-back clause but I do not know if they will use it. It is clear that there are plenty of options. If the option of a subsequent purchase by a third team comes up, it would be good to move for my own interests, but to go from one team to another, serving the interests of a club, that is not going to happen"

"I am not closing the door on anything. Barcelona are a great team and footballers want to play in the best sides, and if that is Barca..."

"I have had my best times here in Almeria and I have enjoyed it the most. With Madrid, it was Segunda, with Rayo Vallecano it was Segunda B and certainly you do not understand everything that goes on in Primera, it is another world. I have experienced it all here in Almeria"

"There is nothing else to do. Since I have been small, I have not been given anything and I do not want to be given it, I want to be there because I deserve it. That will make me work more," he concluded.

B

blueduck

Couyld somebody tell me if this guy is any good ?

Or is he another Dos Santos :shit:

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
He really impressed me, showed us all a whole new dimension to his game with excellent vision and great passing ability over long and short range. Bojanito keeps rising in my esteem lately, I predict next season he will really explode as a player and continue his improvement. Legend :004:

jairzinho

yeah he's been playing well lately....he scored a brilliant goal against Bilbao.....i keep forgetting he's just 18

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Not really clear to EPL fans, all they've seen of Bojan is him missing that sitter against Chelsea. But yes Blueduck, he's gone beyond the stage of being a raw talent and recently has looked more and more like the real deal.

Home of Barca Fans