Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miroslav Klose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(Who?)

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Interista

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and people said my post was bad

You post was bad. Doesn't make any sense what so ever. Torres is overrated. Always was. Good luck trying to win a title with him leading the line. He's more concerned with him scoring goals than the team winning, that's his biggest flaw.

J

Jordzibob

Lol yeh, because Ibrahimobitch was all about the team..........

Interista

Yup, releases the ball to a player in better position rather than going for glory. Did it at Barcelona and you can't make an intelligent argument against that.

Fact of the matter is Ibra wins wherever he goes, because of the reasons I stated. Torres can't even win a cup :lol: Ibrahimovic on the other hand can go from one top club to the next and give them an edge over the rivals. So I tell you what, if Torres can win the title three years straight with Liverpool (after their 20 years winless streak, almost identical with Inter), then go to Man United win it twice with them(The favoured team in the league), and then go to Arsenal and make em look like genuine contenders(the team that hasn't won for 6-7 years) then I'll conced Torres is as good as Ibra. Untill then he's just an overhyped product of the media who's now failed to live up to that hype.

J

Jordzibob

I'm pretty sure there's a valid argument against that in the fact that whenever he played for us, after the first month, he basically just slowed down our passing game.

Interista

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. If he slowed down your game, ran offside, misspassed etc, it could be for a number of reasons. Villa has been playing in this league his whole life and most of the players the past 4-5 years, and he hasn't hit top form yet either.

My central argument for Ibrahimovic being the best, by a mile, is because he's proven the most. He hasn't had the luck to win the Cl, but his first year with a quality team around him reached the semifinals and scored goals, even though he was in a slump. The fact still remains that there's no other player that has Ibra's influence on a team. He can win with any team, if the players around him are good enough, which any of the top clubs player are. Having that sort of record, is way more impressive than winning a Cl anyway. It's Godlike..

In fact it's so good that when he joined Milan the bookies instantly changed the odds on them winning the league from 7 to 2. :lol: Now they haven't won, and I don't think they will, but just the fact they look capable when most of the experts were saying Milan would risk not qualifying for the Cl, before Ibra arrived, says more then enough.

Oh and more thing. That's not accurate "all he did was slow our game down". I concede that he looked a bit lost in your system at times, but I can remember one match where he was subbed out and Barca started playing better, and it was against Inter at Camp Nou, and that probably had more to do with Pique just scoring than anything else. Rest of the time Barca played better when he was subbed on. There's many examples but Malaga and the Clasico are two.

MoFroBo

C'mon I can name 10 strikers atm better than Torres :D And quit those freaking comparisons, you like Ibra so keep it for yourself, everyone has opinion ;) (But ofc. saying atm Torres is best striker just doesn't make sense, brat can stay in his sinking shitpool :D )

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If we are talking about "on his day" without any regard to consistency than on their day Drogba shits in Torres' mouth while Forlan kicks in the balls. And then they double team his girlfriend just for good measure.

On their best days Torres > Forlan simple as that

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
Just admit Klaas Jan pwns all. :lol:

Give him a tiny inch of space and the ball is in the net. from all possible angles.
Technically shit but A little pipo Inzaghi :p

:lol:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

Yes

Can't remember what I said previously but I have a Top 5 now of Villa, Drogba, Torres, Eto'o and Forlan. I wouldn't necessarily argue with anyone who picks either one of these said players tbh with you if they had a convincing argument.

I do think Higuain has the potential to be the No.1 striker in the world in a year or 2 though. I also think Lukaku is Drogba's heir apparent.

Last edited:

zanela

Ibra: Wins matches individually and allows a defensive compact team that risk little at the back, because he's so strong and creative. Wins wherever he goes. Nuff said, and no other on that list can compete with that, regardless of how many goals they score, especially not overrated ones like Torres and Rooney.

As for pure goalscoring. Eto'o is the best, then Drogba and Villa.

Both Drogs and Villa 've a well-rounded game. They are not about goalscoring alone.

And although you've a compelling argument in Zlatan's favour, the fact that his heading(an imp component of a striker) is below par standards and his underwhelming showing in Europe has it going against him.

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Still maintain that on his day Torres is the best striker in the world. On his day. Dont be taking that as some kindof "omg Jordzi you got a mancrush on Torres so your voting for him" shizzle. Maybe a little true, but meh. So yeh, I voted for him. :D

Put the smarties down.

Trequartista

The good
Still maintain that on his day Torres is the best striker in the world. On his day. Dont be taking that as some kindof "omg Jordzi you got a mancrush on Torres so your voting for him" shizzle. Maybe a little true, but meh. So yeh, I voted for him. :D

mate,how many "his days" does Torres have per year?anyway Noone can stop Drogba on his day
P.S surprised to see Dzeko having no votes here

Home of Barca Fans