Best Manager of All Time?

Best Manager?

• Bill Shankly (Liverpool)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Ernst Happel (Hamburg, Feyenoord, Holland)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sir Matt Busby (Manchester Utd)

• Miguel Munoz (Real Madrid)

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Johan Cruyff (Ajax, Barcelona)

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Arrigo Sacchi (AC Milan

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Sir Alex Ferguson (Aberdeen, Manchester Utd

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • Marcelo Lippi (Juventus, Italy)

• Brian Clough (Derby County, Nottingham Forrest)

• JocK Stein (Celtic, Scotland

• Helenio Herrera (Atletico,Barca, Inter)

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

Koma

I think Ferguson is curently the Best Manager of All Time, and he will be in years to come but I think that Pep Guardiola will claim that spot after some time at Barcelona.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Apparently it doesnt, thats why Jordinho Masimambre didnt make it onto this list :(

Of course you havent, but it is disgraceful that Jonathan Leonardo hasent been put onto this list. Won 13 La Liga titles, 10 Copa Del Rey's and 9 Champions League's with Villarreal. Not to mention a WC and 2 European Championships with Scotland. He is by FAR the best manager of all time. Sir Alex who?

La Pulga

i think the best trainer should be a visionary, a pioneer. alex Ferguson, Wenger, Cruijff, Michels, Guardiola, they all contributed to football in a revolutionary way. others just win with a formula that has been invented by a truly great coach.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
i think the best trainer should be a visionary, a pioneer. alex Ferguson, Wenger, Cruijff, Michels, Guardiola, they all contributed to football in a revolutionary way. others just win with a formula that has been invented by a truly great coach.

Who do you think Ferguson's formula based on........

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Who do you think Ferguson's formula based on........

his bitterness at not getting recognition for his playing career + his Glasgow working class will to succeed + Jock Stein + Sir Matt Busby + some sort of X factor = Sir Alex Ferguson

but as I've said before, it's a complex answer. I'll just repeat my previous post:

it's not a straightforward answer. there are many categories to judge a manager by:

Sebes, Herrera and Michels are the tactical forefathers of the modern game.

Cruyff and Sacchi are disciples of the above, bringing their tactics into the modern age. Pep is their heir.

Ferguson, Capello, Munoz and Del Bosque are relentless winners and fantastic man and media managers. Mourinho is their heir.

Shankly and Busby deserve a mention for the way they, as managers, basically built their clubs from nothing to goliaths. Busby had to do it twice after his first goliath got struck down, so that's doubly impressive.

if I had to pick just one, it would be Sebes. he revolutionised the game with 424 and the tactical innovations therein (laying the foundations that Michels in particular followed), created probably the greatest side ever with the Magyars, and then he helped invent the European Cup.

Home of Barca Fans