Bayern Munchen

Meitux

Considering of how many players Bayern were missing its nothing, Gundogan did fine in the attacking midfielder role, Piszczek was missing but his absence wasn't really shown in that game. Missing so many players was an important factor especially in Pep's first official game and in a moment where the team didn't adapt yet to his tactics.

JusTicE_

A Gem Like No Other
Anyway it isn't true when you say Bayern is unbeatable. Bayern will have a lot of work. Everyone can find reasons why Bayern wasn't in the best form, but in my opinion: Heynckes Bayern>Guardiola Bayern, although I really like Guardiola.

Meitux

Its too early to compare, improving a team that was nearly in perfection isn't an easy task. The real task for Pep is too maintain the title of this team. Because he got Bayern after an incredible season everybody demands high expectations in his first season. You never know, it may not be his best but its not a quarantee that that Pep can fail. Team of 2011-2012 was very good too but struggled at times, it was the first season of Heynckes even thought it was a fact that Bayern back then lacked depth.

The point is you can compare completely after a full season or two. Not after pre season games and just 3 official games.

Last edited:

mixer

Considering of how many players Bayern were missing its nothing, Gundogan did fine in the attacking midfielder role, Piszczek was missing but his absence wasn't really shown in that game. Missing so many players was an important factor especially in Pep's first official game and in a moment where the team didn't adapt yet to his tactics.
Piszczek's absence wasn't really shown in that game because Ribery didn't play... Grosskreutz would have been raped by him

Meitux

Piszczek's absence wasn't really shown in that game because Ribery didn't play... Grosskreutz would have been raped by him
And exactly because of Ribery missing Piszczek's absence wasn't shown as you say. It was a good moment that Ribery was missing especially because Grosskretuz was about to be used there. Thats why they were pretty balanced compared with Bayern's players missing.

mixer

I don't think the game would've been much more different if Ribery and Piszczek played. Łukasz can handle him, can't he?

Meitux

We can't know about this particular moment, even more judging from Ribery's form the current moment. But i can say that the game wasn't judged on one individual perfomance but generally a team performance. Dortmund played their classic game and performed very well while Bayern had changed most of their tactics so they were pretty unbalanced this moment. Most chances were for Dortmund actually if you ask me, especially from the moment Starke and Van Buyten were about to play.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Of course Bayern is beatable. As powerful as they are, there is no need to exaggerate their strengths. They are almost flawless offensively but defensively there are a lot to be desired.

B

beautifulgame

Of course Bayern is beatable. As powerful as they are, there is no need to exaggerate their strengths. They are almost flawless offensively but defensively there are a lot to be desired.

Not almost flawless offemsively. Players could be better with ball. Best players Ribery and robben and if you insist gotze (I dont) are not great finishers. Robben is best finisher among them. would be wise to keep the 9 starting.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not almost flawless offemsively. Players could be better with ball. Best players Ribery and robben and if you insist gotze (I dont) are not great finishers. Robben is best finisher among them. would be wise to keep the 9 starting.

Robben is actually the worst finisher of the three (Ribery, Robben and Götze). Mandžukić and Müller are good finishers too. Bayern doesn't lack good finishers.

Home of Barca Fans