Bayern Munchen

Xaviniesta

It's a sextuple, but let's be honest, Bundesliga is a cakewalk for them. It's not like they have 13 times European Cup winners in their league as their domestic rivals.

yep another reason it isn't as impresisve. they play in a farmer's league. 2-3 titles guaranteed already

havertz werner and thiago all left for the PL and they look bang average to shit

ebc_99

I know we don't but we are of course in a Barca bubble here. I do wonder how neutral fans view this matter. Bayern have more CL titles and have been relevant for longer than we have, but I guess we have more worldwide exposure and also more all time great legends

Bayern: Beckenbauer, G. Muller, Matth?us, Lahm (4)
Barca: Cruyff, Maradona, Ronaldinnho, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta (6)

Barca were getting to European Cup Finals before Bayern were even promoted to the Bundesliga, Barca have been relevant a good 20 years longer than Bayern. But this achievement by Bayern is exceptional just like Barca 10 years ago, they are a great club and I admire how they are run, if this club had such responsible people at the top we wouldn't be in this mess.

Barca are a more romantic club though and are much easier to love, and our great sides have been spectacular and era defining.

ebc_99

yep another reason it isn't as impresisve. they play in a farmer's league. 2-3 titles guaranteed already

havertz werner and thiago all left for the PL and they look bang average to shit

Bundesliga is not a farmers league, I really hate when people say that. Havertz, Thiago and Werner struggling has nothing to do with the Bundesliga but rather they clubs they play for. All 3 of them chose the wrong club and would have excelled elsewhere in England.

Yannik

Thiago isnt even struggling, dude played not even 10 games yet and already looks like one of their best players.

Jadentheman

Barca were getting to European Cup Finals before Bayern were even promoted to the Bundesliga, Barca have been relevant a good 20 years longer than Bayern. But this achievement by Bayern is exceptional just like Barca 10 years ago, they are a great club and I admire how they are run, if this club had such responsible people at the top we wouldn't be in this mess.

Barca are a more romantic club though and are much easier to love, and our great sides have been spectacular and era defining.

Barca gets all the "generation defining" players at their peak. No other club can seriously claim such a pedigree.

KingLeo10

Technically speaking, they've reached the same heights as Barca, and now they also have more CL-trophies(they did a 3-peat too, btw).

I'll use this as the basis for my next arguments.

"Technically speaking", but not providing any evidence other than the 3 peat v some no name teams and AM.

Yannik

"Technically speaking", but not providing any evidence other than the 3 peat v some no name teams and AM.

There is no evidence to any of the thesises made here.
People say one team was supposedly more "era defining" or "romantic" simply because they vibe more with it. How do you statistically define "era definement" other than subjective factors?

Xaviniesta

havertz, werner, pulisic, thiago, keita, haller, xhaka, joelinton, all recently coming from bundesliga and range from average to massive flops

it's a one-team farmer's league

JamDav1982

havertz, werner, pulisic, thiago, keita, haller, xhaka, joelinton, all recently coming from bundesliga and range from average to massive flops

Could easy make a list of La Liga flops and some of those barely had half a season yet.

malvolio

how many of the dortmund boys have went one to be a massive success at other clubs?

KingLeo10

There is no evidence to any of the thesises made here.
People say one team was supposedly more "era defining" or "romantic" simply because they vibe more with it. How do you statistically define "era definement" other than subjective factors?

There's evidence. The evidence isn't rigorous? Sure, because there's no systematic (scientific) method of evaluating this.

What Bayern has over Barca:

1) Early European cup success and 1 more CL (although Barca did play in CL finals before Bayern AFAIK. Nevertheless, history remembers winners)
2) Better CL KO record, although part of this is a function of being involved in more tournaments (prior to the rule change) due to being the de facto best team in Germany.
3) Better H2H record if you want to include that

What Barca has over Bayern
1) CL finals wins v Manchester United x 2 and Juventus
2) More impressive trebles
3) More Ballon d'Or Winners and better cast of legends
4) The 09-11 side is considered by football managers (e.g., SAF, Wenger) and players and less importantly, fans, as one of the best club sides of all time. The only names I've seen along with them are Milan 80s, Ajax 70s, RM 50s, and sometimes ZZ's RM.
5) The difference in CLs in 1. But 4 of our titles have come in a tougher, "modern" era while Bayern has 3 in the same. But this is nitpicking and you can ditch this one.
6) 26 League titles v Real Madrid, who is the best club of all time. To me, very impressive.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans