Basketball/NBA

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
My Nuggets on a 4-game winning streak! Grinded out a 2OT victory against the Warriors tonight. Impressed from what I have seen out of Iguodala so far, especially on the defensive end.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Not sure how D'Antoni's system will work with this crop of players. We all know Nash will shine but D'Antonio's style in Phoenix was to never have his bigs posting up but that's what D12 and The Spanish Fro love to do. Kobe loves to shoot, so I know he probably doesn't mind having D'Antoni there too much.

El Gato

Villarato!
If anything, D'Antoni's coaching will make them run more. And how do you make a squad, where most players are over 30 and the bench is full of scrubs, defend on the run? It was not attack that was their issue, it was the defensive effort and D'Antoni isn't exactly a motivator.

I don't know what Kuptchak and Buss were smoking. Possibly the same stuff Mike Brown was. But I know I am going to enjoy watching this.

Richard.H

The Lakers franchise is turning into real crap. The time window for this team is very short, since Nash and Kobe are really old. Plus, Howard could easily leave after this year if things don't go well.

El Gato

Villarato!
It's unreal that the CP3 + Howard in Dallas scenario is still possible. And the LA managing lackwits are only helping it to go down. Wonder if Cuban would actually give in to Howard's demands as much as the other two teams have.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Apparently he wants Nate McMillan to be his defensive assistant.

John Schuhmann ‏@johnschuhmann
In 10 full seasons as coach, McMillan teams had an avg defensive rank of 19. In 8 full seasons, D'Antoni teams had an avg def. rank of 20.

Richard.H

2hwcpjc.jpg

El Gato

Villarato!
Knicks doing well. Chucking massively, but getting it done on the other end. And it is only gonna last before Amare comes back.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Knicks doing well. Chucking massively, but getting it done on the other end. And it is only gonna last before Amare comes back.

I'm skeptical it'll last even that long - I mean the defense is amazing, and the Chandler/Kidd combo is really forcing Melo and JR to stay in line, but really, does anyone think an efficient JR Smith is going to last all season long? I hear talk about the new JR every year.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
The Knicks are a team designed to beat the Heat but all of their veterans will have to be healthy for them to have a chance to make any noise in the playoffs.

Clippers are an intriguing team, especially with all their size and the mix of veterans and youth they have. I wonder how Chauncey Billups integrates back into this team when he comes back. Mr. Big Shot is as clutch as they come.

Kirilenko looks like the old AK-47 after his year in Europe.

Home of Barca Fans