Basketball/NBA

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
8th seed would be the max.

Cavs, Bulls, Wizards, Heat, Hawks, Raptors, Bucks are save playoff teams but I would pick the Celtics over the Knicks too.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Quoting you here where the discussion should be.

I have several personal Magic anecdotes and lots of reasons to like the player but you learn everything you need to about a person's character in key moments...Earvin sold Isiah out and in a cowardly fashion, it's a bit like someone cheating on you - you might forgive but you never forget and the trust can never be the same

Life's too short for clowns like that...Character people, athletes or otherwise are things to rally around & support...For me, Magic tarnished his legacy when his playing persona reflected friendship & excellence as his virtues
Neither you or I know the whole story. For what we know, there are two versions: 1) Isiah going behind Magic's back and questioning his friend's sexuality, which is what Magic believed or 2) Isiah did nothing wrong when Magic chose to believe what his agent said.

If we go with the former version, both parties were wrong to do what they did, mostly Isiah though IMO.

Let's say the latter version took place. I won't try to rectify Magic's actions here, but it's important to keep in mind what he was led to believe. In a time where homosexuality was taboo and frowned upon, especially in African American culture, he made the mistake of taking his agent's words over his friend's and thought that Isiah spread the rumours of him contracting HIV due to him being gay. People don't make rational decisions when they're hurt. Now, he should've spoken to Isiah about it before selling him out and that's on him, but it's not hard to see where he is coming from.

Btw, no way has Magic's legacy been tarnished, lol. This is the first time I'm hearing it. He's widely regarded as one of the best PGs ever and a great person.

khaled_a_d

Thought on clippers summer? Good names but not sure it will work

It is all in Doc hands right now ,way too many players who need the ball in their hands .as you said there is a very good chance it will be tough to work .but if they sort things out they had a very good off-season
Still can't see them better than Warriors and probably Spurs and Rockets are better

Richard.H

This upcoming season will be all about the Spurs. They will get their title back.

It's funny how they always win the title with a one year gap. It's like they always lose the motivation to win back-to-back.

El Gato

Villarato!
This upcoming season will be all about the Spurs. They will get their title back.

It's funny how they always win the title with a one year gap. It's like they always lose the motivation to win back-to-back.

Losing a close 7 game series is lack of motivation?

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Letting it get there is tho.

Not when your big 3 are aging and injury prone. Manu showed clear signs of decline in that series while TP wasn't healthy at any point. It's worrying when your best player is a 39 year old Tim Duncan, but that will change next season.

El Gato

Villarato!
The last man to suggest a lack of motivation for a championship contender got obliterated live on air by Cuban. Where did they lack motivation?

Alen

I didn't think they were as sharp as usual at both ends of the floor. I know they were injuries but motivation was also factor. And that's just my opinion, Cuban can PM me on cyber dust if he has anything to say about it.

khaled_a_d

Ty Lawson and 2nd round pick for Houston for protected 1st pick and Kostas Papanikolaou,Pablo Prigioni, Joey Dorsey, Nick Johnson
Talent wise huge steal for Houston ,not sure about the fit .could be the missing piece or their Rondo (with the Mavs )

Home of Barca Fans