Barcelona improvements in the next years

FiReFTW

What do you think we should improve in the next years and seasons regarding to our team and players?

In my opinion we need:
Great RB
Worldclass CB
Worldclass CM
Better bench players, currently alot of teams have a good bench, but while our starting 11 is still worldclass our bench is quite lackluster.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We are too thin up-front. And given the fact that Lucho shifted focus from midfield to attack we could face big problems if faced with an injury there.
Oddly enough, priority (after splashing 160 mil. on two forwards in last 2 years) is again a forward.
RB second, central midfielder third.

DrPepper

One RB and two CM should be high priority. If we're done with that a world class CB is also needed and a potential replacement for Pedro.

Alik

We are too thin up-front. And given the fact that Lucho shifted focus from midfield to attack we could face big problems if faced with an injury there.
Oddly enough, priority (after splashing 160 mil. on two forwards in last 2 years) is again a forward.

I think even if there was an injury in the front 3, we'd still have one of the best attacks in the world. Neymar/Messi, Neymar/Suarez, Messi/Suarez could easily lead with a player like Pedro or experimenting with Iniesta or Rafinha upfront. Although getting a replacement for Pedro, if he leaves would be necessary.

I think RB is top priority because there really is no plan after Alves.
CM is also equally important, given that Xavi is leaving, Iniesta/Rakitic can be inconsistent, and Rafinha/Samper/Roberto are unproven.

With regards to CBs, Pique and Bartra will be around for a while still. Mathieu and Mascherano will be the first we need to replace.

This may sound tactically insane, and it will definitely be insanely expensive to implement. But adding another world class forward like Reus into our XI could be a game changer for us, not necessarily because of the added firepower, but because it would be ideal for Messi. With Reus on the right, Messi would get to play in the center behind a lethal CF with a tremendous workrate. Which means more assists since he'll have more opportunities to combine with RSN, and probably more goals because even though he will be playing deeper it will be easier for him to capitalize on the pockets of space created by RSN.

It's risky, but I think we can pull it off if we can find the right CM for a double pivot (e.g. pre-injury Gundogan). It would also add a lot of depth, because if one of our forwards gets injured we can always bring Iniesta as his sub.

For RB, I don't see why we can't play Mascherano in that position. We've always played with an extra CB under Pep (Abidal). It's a position more suited to him than either CB or Barca DM, and with someone like Reus on the right, I don't think we will need to worry about his offensive contribution.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
If we are going for a forward again he should be very versatile. Reus would be my choice. But where do we play him when all our 3 players are fit? This is a tricky situation. Best solution would be sign one veteran and one promote sandro. For now pedro will do, we can sign someone else in 2016. There might be some good players in the market at that time.

My signings would be,

Cuadrado (A must imo, he adds depth in lot of places)
Darmain
Koke/Gundagon/Verratti

CB could wait for one more season.

Gaudi

attack cover is difficult because everyone knows he won't play much with the trio.
CM is a must, everything else can wait. Maybe Vietto can cover attack and mid, bu again one CM like Pogba/Koke type would be great

jamrock

RB
2 Midfielders, we need quality depth in that department.
1/2 forwards, if pedro leaves, which he should

No need for a CB, Pique,Bartra,Mathieu,Masch is more than enuff, with verms maybe finally being fit.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
RB
2 Midfielders, we need quality depth in that department.
1/2 forwards, if pedro leaves, which he should

No need for a CB, Pique,Bartra,Mathieu,Masch is more than enuff, with verms maybe finally being fit.

:thumbsup:

But I hope Pedro stays and the new forwards could be our guys. Deu, Munir and Sandro.
The midfielders and the RB we will probably want to buy will be very expensive signings so no need to splash cash on CBs or forwards.

Neymessi

I don't think we should go for reus.The reason we were ok with alexis leaving was because his talents would be wasted when he would be so much on the bench.Same for reus.

Andrew M

RB second, central midfielder third.

Not sure I understand your thinking. With Xavi leaving midfield should be priority

MessiDinho10

Laporte, Grimaldo, Samper, one of Gundogan(see how he plays until January, if he's injured again I wouldn't buy him)/Pjanic/Verratti, Denis Suarez, Deulofeu and one of Sandro/Munir/Adama. Maybe that's a little too much faith in La Masia, but I think every promising kid deserves a fair chance.

Edit: I really have now clue regarding the right back position, so I trust whoever is brought in.

Home of Barca Fans