Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Why cant we overpay for players like man city, money can buy anything?
If no new cb we will outscore opponents.

Duke

Why cant we overpay for players like man city, money can buy anything?
If no new cb we will outscore opponents.

Like most here saying, I think we are not getting any CB this summer.

I would think also it's Tito's fault not just Rosell, Tito only wanted Thiago Silva and wasted half of the transfer window period chasing a shadow.
Tata needs time to get to know strength and weakness of our team first and then learn which player in Europe can address that weakness. I doubt he is been watch european teams before his appointment. Again if he Tata was signed early in the summer he would have time to address some of the issues. I wouldn't even blame him if the team don't perform well the first one month of Liga games.

At this point, I'm starting to feel like I'd be happy with anyone. Even Mathieu would be better than nothing. JUST GET A FRICKIN CB.

Last edited:

Galning

I don't get the "I'm happy with anyone mood". If the CB won't help us in the longrun and only is a short term solution that why should we buy him and waste an enormous amount of money? After Neymar's & Thiago's transfer it became pretty clear that we wouldn't sign a high quality defender. The long pursuit of Thiago Silva was only to please the fans a bit.

I don't get the "I'm happy with anyone mood". If the CB won't help us in the longrun and only is a short term solution that why should we buy him and waste an enormous amount of money?

It's not really that I'm happy with anyone, more that I think anyone's better than nothing.

Meitux

It's not really that I'm happy with anyone, more that I think anyone's better than nothing.
The ''anyone is better than nothing'' motto is something fake actually. Imagine if we bring someone and he's not good enough, what kind of difference will he many than any of our current defenders? The comparison shouldn't be made comparing someone with our players but generally his quality.

Indignado

We don't have nothing. We have Piqué, Puyol, Mascherano and Bartra. They're not the best bunch of CB's right now but our targets are generally shit as well, they'll quickly get exposed within our system and we'll see them for what they are, other average CB's.

We don't have nothing. We have Piqué, Puyol, Mascherano and Bartra. They're not the best bunch of CB's right now but our targets are generally shit as well, they'll quickly get exposed within our system and we'll see them for what they are, other average CB's.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I think signing a guy like Mathieu would be a stroke of genius or anything like that. In fact, I think him (or someone similar) being our CB signing would be pretty bad. Signing Matheiu would, however, be better than signing no one, since someone like him would add a bit more depth, at the very least.

It's not like it has to be Mathieu or nothing though. There are better options like N'Koulou, Zouma and Doria. They're all young (especially the last 2), fairly cheap and attainable. N'Koulou is Ligue 1's second best CB and the other 2 have a lot of potential.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
I think we can close this Thread until january after hearing martino press conference. Hope that barca signs one cb in january and current cb's does not get injured at the start of season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans