Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

I'd rather get Koke than Pogba, because of his price tag. The money left would be enough to get Gundogan too.

Koke would only leave if we pay the release clause. It's 65M IIRC, plus taxes he coud end up more expensive than Pogba.

Co0ter

I really, really doubt that the club will buy Pogba. Not for this much money. The transfer ban is also a big hindrance. Moreover there will be elections.

If anything I believe that the new board will be able to sign somebody but not until the elections are over which will happen in July.

So much can change from now until July. Another repeat of last season and Lucho might be gone. If that happens then one should throw all of the current plans that the board have out of the window in terms of transfers.

I will personally wait until after the elections. I don't think that we will see real serious moves before then.

My two cents.

That would be the smart thing to do, I agree. Our board hasn't been too smart lately, however.

Last edited:

Co0ter

We have a 50M budget and we need to strengthen more than just one position. Throwing out all at Pogba would be stupid, to say the least. I'd like Gundogan for ~30m and there'd still be cash for a decent right back and possibly one more player.
No way we can buy three quality players for 50mil. There is also no way we only have 50mil to spend hehe, especially when we are going to make 0 money from selling players anytime soon.

L

linetty

No way we can buy three quality players for 50mil. There is also no way we only have 50mil to spend hehe, especially when we are going to make 0 money from selling players anytime soon.

I think we will sell Pedro.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Gundogan is still great and will regain his form. We don't need prime Xavi, we need a solid and creative player.

Gundogan hasn't been great though. He is still struggling to regain his past form and it shows, specially on his movement and defensive contributions which are not at the level he used to play before. I wouldn't be too eager to chase Gundogan right now.

Choices aren't great right now, so in a sense it is good Barca will have some time still to evaluate. Gundogan still has too many question marks. Pjanic is having a very poor season with Roma. Favorites of mine Verratti and Koke are pipe dreams as of this moment. Pogba is going to be crazy expensive.

Team is going to have to do serious work in their preparations and planning for midfield though. In house options don't exactly make you excited. Iniesta will be 31 soon and looks to be slowing down, he also has an injury history. Rakitic is not without flaws and might be actually more suited to a versatile premiere utility midfielder. Xavi will leave sooner than later. Rafinha might improve but hasn't really set the world on fire. Roberto hasn't impressed. A lot of people like Denis Suarez at Sevilla, but I'm not overly impressed. They have their work cut out for them.

XaviMessiGirl

We absolutely should NOT go for Veratti.

We learned our lesson trying to deal with PSG over the past 2 summer transfer windows.

Waste of our time.

It is better to at least try, rather than definitely spend 80m+ on Pogba. Besides I think Verratti would fit our system much better.

F

Flavia

There are rumors psg want pogba. It'd be great if they sold verratti to us, to get him.

anguy

There are rumors psg want pogba. It'd be great if they sold verratti to us, to get him.

It's more likely they'll sell Matuidi, Cavani and one of the Argentinians to fund the move... If they pull it off they can have midfield of Motta, Cabaye, Rabiot, Verratti, Pogba, Moura, defense Maxvell, Silva, Marquinhos, Aurrier and Luiz, their only problem will be the striker with Cavani likely out and Ibrahimovic declining. If I was PSG director I wouldn't be selling my top talent to get another one.

I

instinct

Would be awesome but unfortunately Bertus already linked some articles which say that they won't Verratti to sign Pogba. If Pogba comes to PSG, he'll play alongside Verratti.

hardyboy

If they buy Pogba that doesn't mean they're gonna sell Verratti. When they bought Luiz last summer everyone were confident that they'd sell Marquinhos but they didn't...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans