Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Dude ,Laporta is gr8 president but one huge part of it is his support to those who understands the game and also that he reacts depending on the situation
When he had Rijkaard while the club was in financial trouble he went with his Rijkaard philosophy and signed good players and stayed away from big names in top clubs
When he had Pep ,the club was in better shape financially and we just spent crazy money and brought whoever the coach needed and even took some risks

The thing with laporta is that if the coach asked for Pogba ,he won't be afraid to pay huge sum to get him
But with him we will get some nice deals too and more important he is a guy who won't see a clear weakness in the team and just sit down
we sold 2 CBs in 2010 and didn't brought anyone until 2014 even though it was clear since then that it was a position of weakness for those 4 years .this is the main difference of Rosell board transfer policy and Laporta's

JamDav1982

Dude ,Laporta is gr8 president but one huge part of it is his support to those who understands the game and also that he reacts depending on the situation
When he had Rijkaard while the club was in financial trouble he went with his Rijkaard philosophy and signed good players and stayed away from big names in top clubs
When he had Pep ,the club was in better shape financially and we just spent crazy money and brought whoever the coach needed and even took some risks

The thing with laporta is that if the coach asked for Pogba ,he won't be afraid to pay huge sum to get him
But with him we will get some nice deals too and more important he is a guy who won't see a clear weakness in the team and just sit down
we sold 2 CBs in 2010 and didn't brought anyone until 2014 even though it was clear since then that it was a position of weakness for those 4 years .this is the main difference of Rosell board transfer policy and Laporta's

Wont see a clear weakness??

Why did the club finish third behind a poor Real Madrid side and Villareal if no weaknesses are tolerated?

Why was the b team in the lowest position in almost 30 years before Pep came in?

Pep saved the side towards the end of Laportas reign. Pep will replicate that success wherever he goes Laporta wont.

khaled_a_d

Wont see a clear weakness??

Why did the club finish third behind a poor Real Madrid side and Villareal if no weaknesses are tolerated?

Why was the b team in the lowest position in almost 30 years before Pep came in?

Pep saved the side towards the end of Laportas reign. Pep will replicate that success wherever he goes Laporta wont.

B team?seriously man are we gonna consider B team bad result as judgement for president?
And we finished 3rd in a season we reached CL and CDR semi-final,we were competitive even in our worst season with a squad that suffered the most injuries we had in a season .R10 and Eto didn't even play 30 games in that season
The squad wasn't greatly built as we believed in our youngsters to a fault and Rijkaard lost the dressing room
What I meant with clear weakness is that such thing won't be ignored ,the coach gets what he wants and get supported
And people need to stop the "Pep saved Laporta" argument,Pep would haven't had half the name he has now if it wasn't for Laporta .the guy put faith in him while Mourinho and Lippe was knocking the doors to coach the team and yet he brought him and given him every thing he wanted .Both guys helped each other greatly

JamDav1982

B team?seriously man are we gonna consider B team bad result as judgement for president?
And we finished 3rd in a season we reached CL and CDR semi-final,we were competitive even in our worst season with a squad that suffered the most injuries we had in a season .R10 and Eto didn't even play 30 games in that season
The squad wasn't greatly built as we believed in our youngsters to a fault and Rijkaard lost the dressing room
What I meant with clear weakness is that such thing won't be ignored ,the coach gets what he wants and get supported
And people need to stop the "Pep saved Laporta" argument,Pep would haven't had half the name he has now if it wasn't for Laporta .the guy put faith in him while Mourinho and Lippe was knocking the doors to coach the team and yet he brought him and given him every thing he wanted .Both guys helped each other greatly

Ronaldinho and Deco were out of control and Rijkaard stayed a season too long, there were man weaknesses that were allowed to develop.

Also Barca had been looking for CBs well before 2010 and were failing. Must have spent close to 60m on CBs that barely played 4/5 games between them.

Of course Laporta deserves credit for appointing Pep but he is extremely lucky a genius like that was on his doorstep and a Barca man.

So many of the things at the club were failing before Pep came along, things that no one was sorting.

khaled_a_d

Ronaldinho and Deco were out of control and Rijkaard stayed a season too long, there were man weaknesses that were allowed to develop.

Also Barca had been looking for CBs well before 2010 and were failing. Must have spent close to 60m on CBs that barely played 4/5 games between them.

Of course Laporta deserves credit for appointing Pep but he is extremely lucky a genius like that was on his doorstep and a Barca man.

So many of the things at the club were failing before Pep came along, things that no one was sorting.

We were a club with a history of no patience with our coaches ,when you have the 2nd best coach in the history of the club you don't fire him because he lost the league with the match result against RM .at that time it was the right decision to take
We brought many CBs ,yes some failed but again they weren't ignoring the issue saying Puyol is our signing ,not all of those signings was on Laporta .again he let Txiki and Pep work and he accepted their risks without interference
That is my whole point ,he has his problem but he believe in guys who know football and let them work without pressure and without being too bossy .that will guarantee some stupid mistakes at times no doubt but overall results it works

And Pep wasn't on his door steps ,Laporta was the one asking him to take the job and Pep even said that he dared him to do so

MessiDinho10

It's not just the B-team that is doing bad, the whole La Masia is in decline. And I would say La Masia is something that our president should value highly and should always try to improve. Bartomeu clearly doesn't do that, Laporta did.

Richard.H

It's not just the B-team that is doing bad, the whole La Masia is in decline. And I would say La Masia is something that our president should value highly and should always try to improve. Bartomeu clearly doesn't do that, Laporta did.

We are not going to have a legendary La Masia generation every year. You can't realistically expect that. The wave of La Masia stars that came with the Messi generation was one of a kind.

mssarm

And Pep wasn't on his door steps ,Laporta was the one asking him to take the job and Pep even said that he dared him to do so

Pep wasn't an experienced coach and Laporta's decision was a gamble(which worked out well), but it was element of luck rather than a judgement call. No one could foresee Barca's tremendous success under Guardiola. Laporta just hit the jack-pot, nothing more. But I do like the time when we were buying less known but talented players. I wonder if Laporta can bring that back .

Icarium

Lifestealer
Faus (vice-president): "Ariedo Braida will be part of a 4-men commission, as transfer expert. But he's not our new sports director." [catr]

khaled_a_d

We are talking about 2006-2007 Barca B ,La Masia was doing fine back then but B team was bad

Pep wasn't an experienced coach and Laporta's decision was a gamble(which worked out well), but it was element of luck rather than a judgement call. No one could foresee Barca's tremendous success under Guardiola. Laporta just hit the jack-pot, nothing more. But I do like the time when we were buying less known but talented players. I wonder if Laporta can bring that back .

So because Pep was even better than anyone expected .Laporta is just a lucky guy? Any success has an element of luck .you can't win w/o such element but it doesn't deny the credit to the decision

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Barcelona are closely following Porto right back Danilo (23) since last season. Contract until 2016, buyout fee would be 50M. [sport]

50m Danilo, 100m Pogba :lol:

Those rumors. And we thought there wouldn't be any rumors, because of the ban.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Well , I'd rather have 2 good players for 150 million. then 2 scrubs for 20 million. :vermaelen: ;Douglord:

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
That's Porto for you. Always a pain in the ass to do business with, but I don't doubt for a second that Danilo would do great here.

SeloBarca

Well , I'd rather have 2 good players for 150 million. then 2 scrubs for 20 million. :vermaelen: ;Douglord:

Definatly. More so if the are young.
Its also possisions we need to focus on to strenghten, and what we have "in the house" is not strong enough.

RM have brought in alot of talented midfielders, while we havent. Lucas Silva has potential to become very good aswell.

DinhoR10

Definatly. More so if the are young.
Its also possisions we need to focus on to strenghten, and what we have "in the house" is not strong enough.

RM have brought in alot of talented midfielders, while we havent. Lucas Silva has potential to become very good aswell.

No need to really bring more in we already have Samper, Suarez, Kaptoum, Rafinha and Halilovic, not to mention all the talent under Barca B and Grimaldo who seems to want to be a midfielder :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans