Barca vs City - who will win?

FC Barcelona vs. Manchester City - who will advance?

• FC Barcelona

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • Manchester City

Votes: 16 12.1%

• Total voters

serghei

How the heck is Aguro already recovered? I thought he was going to be out for two months?

He transfered the bad karma to Nasri and now he is free. If Nasri will find another teammate to pass the bad karma to, he will also be free to play against Barca. Until the cycle is broken.

Last edited:

tiki-taka

Curious as to what the forum thinks. Who do you think will go through in this tie?

I have a feeling City will win this. This might me the first time in 10 years or more that Barca will be kicked out of this tournament in the 16th round. City is not impressive only, but they're beasts!!!!!!

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I have a feeling City will win this. This might me the first time in 10 years or more that Barca will be kicked out of this tournament in the 16th round. City is not impressive only, but they're beasts!!!!!!

Only at home the can score many goals but as seen vs arsenal the also got 3 goals shoved down their throats and it could have been more if arsenal weren't so wasteful and don't tell me that u seriously think arsenal has a better attack than ours. City will most likely park the bus as they would be overrun in open play against barca as they don't have the personnel with the legs to relentlessly pressure us like Ajax,Athletic or Atletico

Xtroverto

The build up to this match remind me very much of the build up to the 2009 Champions League final. Back then every pundit were convinced Man United would smash Barça, I remember seeing even ridiculous predictions like united winning 4 or 5-0. Now it is the same thing all over again, City is much better and Barça is crap, every one and their mother is convinced City will win in typical English complacent "we invented the game so we own it" way.

In typical english way, the City fans and their pundits will wake up with the world's biggest hangover and ask what the hell happened, this was an easy win, just like against the Magyars ;)

Last edited:

ammarfcb

ze special one
we will smash them
we will get on top again
we don't even think of small games like this

visca barca visca messi

pawanme10

Barça go through 6-2 on aggregate.
2-3 away, 3-0 home.

Why?
City are portrayed as quiet a powerful side, true it is but they don't know how to deal with the game when they don't have the ball. The match against Gunners showed it. If only Arsenal weren't wasteful with their chances it'd have been a different storyline altogether. Except for the quick counter sometimes they keep possession and build from the back to almost all their goals.
(65% open play goals) that is not likely to happen against us.
(21% set piece goals) this is where they will get their goals.
Contrary to popular belief they have only score 3 goals from counter attacking situations throughout this season. We have scored more goals through counters (7 goals) than them being a predominantly a possession based side!

Believe me or not, our coach is very impressive in terms of tactics when he approaches those big games.
Our 4 big games this season-
Atletico in copa was a brilliant tactical display. Keeping it tight at home and scoring the goals away- game over.
Real Madrid at home- they never looked like scoring at Nou Camp in the league. The last one which was let off was when the game was almost over.
Atletico league- kept it tight should have scored a Messi chance.

You may even count the Celtic game as an important one since that was a must win game to top the group. How did we come out? By scoring six goals.

Conclusion-
If you want to play Barça and hope to win/draw the match you only have realistically two tactics-
Park the bus. OR Relentless pressing.
I have never seen City do either of those and they definitely are NOT better than us quality wise so expect us to go through by thumping them.

But, then again Football, bloody hell! :)

Kerrybai

I don't expect us to win the away game but I feel our home form will get us through. Despite both teams scoring so many goals this season I think it will be a tight game.

B

beautifulgame

Barça go through 6-2 on aggregate.
2-3 away, 3-0 home.

Why?
City are portrayed as quiet a powerful side, true it is but they don't know how to deal with the game when they don't have the ball. The match against Gunners showed it. If only Arsenal weren't wasteful with their chances it'd have been a different storyline altogether. Except for the quick counter sometimes they keep possession and build from the back to almost all their goals.
(65% open play goals) that is not likely to happen against us.
(21% set piece goals) this is where they will get their goals.
Contrary to popular belief they have only score 3 goals from counter attacking situations throughout this season. We have scored more goals through counters (7 goals) than them being a predominantly a possession based side!

Believe me or not, our coach is very impressive in terms of tactics when he approaches those big games.
Our 4 big games this season-
Atletico in copa was a brilliant tactical display. Keeping it tight at home and scoring the goals away- game over.
Real Madrid at home- they never looked like scoring at Nou Camp in the league. The last one which was let off was when the game was almost over.

You may even count the Celtic game as an important one since that was a must win game to top the group. How did we come out? By scoring six goals.

Conclusion-
If you want to play Barça and hope to win/draw the match you only have realistically two tactics-
Park the bus. OR Relentless pressing.
I have never seen City do either of those and they definitely are NOT better than us quality wise so expect us to go through by thumping them.

But, then again Football, bloody hell! :)

what a good post. finally some sense!

footyfan

Calma, calma

"Never looked like scoring" :lol: what the hell? Have we been watching the same match? They had a clear as day light penalty not awarded to them, had Valdes save from 1 yard against Khedira, had Benzema hit the post, had Ronaldo miss a 1v1 and had Khedira also miss a 1v1. The goal coming in the 90th minute shows complacency creeping in to the side and can never be discounted or dismissed as easily as you seem to be doing.

Out of those 4 games you listed, we only won one of them, and you are predicting a 6-2 drubbing on the back of those 4 results. I'm not saying it won't happen but based on your evidence it doesn't seem likely.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
"Never looked like scoring" :lol: what the hell? Have we been watching the same match? They had a clear as day light penalty not awarded to them, had Valdes save from 1 yard against Khedira, had Benzema hit the post, had Ronaldo miss a 1v1 and had Khedira also miss a 1v1. The goal coming in the 90th minute shows complacency creeping in to the side and can never be discounted or dismissed as easily as you seem to be doing.

Out of those 4 games you listed, we only won one of them, and you are predicting a 6-2 drubbing on the back of those 4 results. I'm not saying it won't happen but based on your evidence it doesn't seem likely.

This is objectivity. We were better than Real but "never looked like scoring" is really a blind statement, right after halftime we were at a large risk of conceding from several of their chances.

As for Atletico, the only game where we deserved a win against them was probably the 2nd Supercopa leg when they went on a horrible fouling streak and Messi missed that penalty. 6-2 against City is very optimistic if you're basing it on what we've seen already, if you're drawing this conclusion so confidently right after their loss to Chelsea don't forget that we just lost to Valencia.

These next few weeks are going to be more indicative of the CL tie than any isolated result we've had up to this point. Considering the strength that both teams have, short term form is a likely decider.

Home of Barca Fans