Barça Travel Guide

Tomchin

Heading for 5 days in the coming week as well...Curious from the locals any restos to recommend...I have a favorite already in La Flauta
I always go to eat Basque tapas in "La Txapela" (in the Passeig de Gracia), delicious stuff.

Some new things that we visited during our 5-day stay last week:

Palau Guell (close to the Ramblas, yet another amazing building made by Gaudi)
Colonia Guell (a crypt made by Gaudi for the Guell family, was rather disappointing imho; about 30 min away from Barcelona by train)
Gaudi 4D experience (close to Park Guell, an interactive 4D movie that shows the origin of Gaudi's buildings, great stuff)
Montjuic open air cinema (they broadcasted Donnie Darko on a big screen next to the Montjuic Castell, but unfortunately we weren't able to get there in time)

I think I've visited about all scenic spots in Barcelona by now :)

xavinesta

Hi, I will go to barcelona the next day and of course I will go to Nou Camp. I want to see players. İs it possible? Can you advise me for this.I know it ise very difficult but I want to try it. hope to see them :( Also are there anyone go to the Almeria match?

hulinat

Hi, I will go to barcelona the next day and of course I will go to Nou Camp. I want to see players. İs it possible? Can you advise me for this.I know it ise very difficult but I want to try it. hope to see them :( Also are there anyone go to the Almeria match?

Doubt it. They dont usually train at Camp Nou.

Kerrybai

Just thought I would add my 2 cents for those going to a game looking for touristy things to do while you wait for the game...

I personally wouldn't bother with sagrada familia... its 15 euros to get in and honestly its not worth it. Just look at it from the outside.

Secondly don't bother with the sightseeing buses... the cost about 27 euro and honestly just get the T10 metro card and visit everything with that. The buses sightseeing buses really are not worth the money.

Finally beer. Cheap drink can be had in barca but there are a lot of tourit traps that charge high prices ( Prices similar to Ireland, Uk etc ) ... Ask around and visit the cheaper places before hitting the tourist traps.

Kerrybai

^ Disagree about La Sagrada. Better inside than out in my opinion.

I honestly didn't get the hype. The outside at least has some of the old facade but that inside is just too 'new' imo. Fair enough though maybe I just didn't appreciate it.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
I honestly didn't get the hype. The outside at least has some of the old facade but that inside is just too 'new' imo. Fair enough though maybe I just didn't appreciate it.

Maybe because I'm a catholic it might have had a larger impact on me than otherwise. The whole place though is just amazing.

Bucky

Penya Member
Any idea on this "Bar La Jarra" mentioned in the first post? Can't find it on googlemaps + street view is useless. Assuming it's closed down?

Looking for a decent bar before the game on Sunday vs Levante.

Some where I can get a proper pint of Estrella, the Mrs can get a glass of local red wine & some tapas would be highly preferable. KO is at 5pm so we're looking to get there about 2.30-3pm local time. Completely absorb the build up & atmosphere.

Cheers in advance.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Any idea on this "Bar La Jarra" mentioned in the first post? Can't find it on googlemaps + street view is useless. Assuming it's closed down?

Looking for a decent bar before the game on Sunday vs Levante.

Some where I can get a proper pint of Estrella, the Mrs can get a glass of local red wine & some tapas would be highly preferable. KO is at 5pm so we're looking to get there about 2.30-3pm local time. Completely absorb the build up & atmosphere.

Cheers in advance.

Vaguely remember seeing bars dotted around near the stadium. You shouldn't have to much trouble finding somewhere.

Don't drink myself so can't say I pay much attention to bars when I go. :blush:

Bucky

Penya Member
Ah cheers buddy, just posted in another thread about the same thing cause I didn't think people were seeing the post and leaving shortly for Heathrow.

Thinking of getting off at the Maria Cristina metro, will try and check things out Friday & locate some bars, pre plan for Sunday. Excited is an understatement lol

Bucky

Penya Member
North Stand (Gol Nord) on the 2nd tier 4th row, boca 246. Pretty much just to the right of goal. Should be good =)

Home of Barca Fans