Barça Travel Guide

ivan22

My suggestion is not to stay near Camp Nou...There's not much to do around there and the city is convenient enough that even if you stayed on Las Ramblas, you'd still be 25 min by metro to the game

ok thank you. So any good hotels/apparetements you can reccomend? :)
We're not so fans of las ramblas, too much tourism and fastfood :p

Tembbi

Oh there are so many to choose from. The majority of hotels and apartments are very nice. Use sites such as booking.com and have a look at the visitor ratings.
If the rating is anything near 9, the place is awesome. Last time I was in Grand Catalunya or something similar. Roughly 120€ per night, a roof-top pool and bar.
It was in the gothic area. Pure awesome hotel.

And yea, don't stay near the stadium. There's nothing. And I wouldn't stay on Ramblas either, but already in the Gothic area it gets a bit different and it isn't as loud
or crowded anymore. Another option is near the Universitat etc a bit north from Ramblas. It's a relatively nice area with many good restaurants and away from the
biggest masses or tourists.

barcawatford

Could anyone help im staying in cambrils on 2nd september and have a ticket for the Valencia game what is the best way to travel to and from the game back to cambrils

JonM

From Cambrils, you can take the train to Barcelona Sants and then the metro to the stadium.

For the timetable, go there: http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/horarios.html (click "find all station" to select Cambrils)

After the game, It's gonna be difficult to get back to Cambrils by any means of transportation other than a very expensive taxi ride. It might be cheaper to spend the night in Barcelona and take the train in the morning. Another option is to rent a car for the day. It's cheap in Spain.

It's also possible there will be groups from Salou organsiing a shuttle but it's difficult to know.

Tomchin

While returning from the Gamper-game tonight, I noticed that there're no metro's in Barcelona after midnight (on weekdays). I noticed that there was a bus-station at the metro-station of Placa Reial (sp?), but I wasn't sure which bus to take. So in the end I decided to take a taxi, but it took me ages before I could find one.

On Thursday I'll have the same problem again (the Supercopa-game finishes after midnight), so I hope someone could tell me which bus I should take. My hotel is located close to Gracia. But isn't it really necessary that the bus goes straight to Gracia. I would just need to go to a place where there're a lot of taxis (so that I can take a taxi for the last part to Gracia). Thx a lot

Last edited:

Tomchin

This time I stayed in 08028 Apartments (http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/080...bel=postbooking_confemail#availability_target)

From all the hotels in which I've stayed in Barcelona so far, this was by far the best one. Price reasonable (+- 100 euro/night), location excellent (just at the opposite of metrostation Les Corts, 10min walk to the stadium), very well-equipped and new/clean rooms, 2 restaurants at the hotel where you can eat breakfast and Basque food. Very recommended!

hasansuat

I'm coming on 2nd of april and wanna watch the psg game in a pub with you guys, do u recommend a good place to watch it? I will stay at barcelona princess hotel. And on 3 April i will jump to madrid to watch real-Galatasaray game at barnebau.

Tomchin

I'm going to Barcelona again begin August for 5 days (mainly to see the Gamper and renew my commitment-card). Most of Barcelona itself I've already visited, so I'll probably visit some stuff outside Barcelona this time. I already went to Montserrat last time, which other places can you recommend? Are Dali, Figueres, Portaventura worth spending a day? Thx

JonM

The Dali museum in Figueres is pretty good if you're into that kind of things. You can do that and Girona in the same day. There's also Terragona in the south if you want to see roman ruins. I've never been to Portaventura.

ccesc

I just heard that the entrance to Parc Güell will cost 5-10 € from October on.
In my opinion it should be free to everybody just like it is at the moment. But of course the city wants to gain even more money from the tourists.
They say 97,5 % of the visitors are tourists.

Galning

Yeah of course, locals won't hang out in Parc Güell since it's filled with tourists. Don't care about the entrance fee either tbh. It's a good income for the city :D

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Heading for 5 days in the coming week as well...Curious from the locals any restos to recommend...I have a favorite already in La Flauta

Home of Barca Fans