Barca Transfers and Rumors

FC433

Raiola cares about money and it will be an open auction where everyone involved will know what is being bid and will try to get each club to increase it.

The relationship with Raiola will not save one cent on that.

Lets remember the reason they have a good relationship.... Laporta paid 80m for Ibra and put Raiola on the payroll for four or five years.

Exactly. Laporta knows how to deal with him; so he has a better chance of getting Haaland than other candidates. Of course, we need to compete with other teams as well. BVB may let him go next summer if they do not end up in the top 4. Where could he go?

City? Hard to predict, Pep does not like MR.
MUFC? Need a RW more than a CF.
CFC? They have got two young CFs + may not qualify for the CL (not a big deal, but still may play a role)
Spurs? Got HK.
LFC? Could be.
Juve? I think they have got the best chance, unfortunately.
Madrid? Cannot afford him if they want KM, do not think so.
Bayern? Got RL.

Who do you think has the best chance? If you ask me, I would say 1- Juve, 2- LFC (cannot see them paying him what he wants), and 3- FCB & MUFC.

serghei

Exactly. Laporta knows how to deal with him; so he has a better chance of getting Haaland than other candidates. Of course, we need to compete with other teams as well. BVB may let him go next summer if they do not end up in the top 4. Where could he go?

CFC? They have got two young CFs + may not qualify for the CL (not a big deal, but still may play a role)
Spurs? Got HK.
LFC? Could be.
Bayern? Got RL.

Who do you think has the best chance? If you ask me, I would say 1- Juve, 2- LFC (cannot see them paying him what he wants), and 3- FCB & MUFC.

I'd say most big teams that can afford him would be in for him.

Why do you exclude PSG for example? Would be perfect for Madrid and Bayern as well. Lewandowski, Benzema are gone in 2 seasons max probably. You won't go for 21-22 years old Haaland because you have 34 years old Lewandowski? Doesn't make sense to me.

If Bayern is out it's because they won't take part in an auction-like sale. Madrid might get wise too and realize that a player like Haaland is rarer than someone like Mbappe.

I don't like our chances regarding Haaland. Looks wrong for us.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Spurs? Got HK.
LFC? Could be.
Bayern? Got RL.

You take it as a positive that 'Laporta knows how to deal with him' as had him on payroll.

Everyone knows how to deal with him there is no secret. Pay him the most money.

He has no advantage on that over any other candidate. Raiola has said as much 'tell whoever wins to call me in January if want Haaland'.

FC433

I'd say most big teams that can afford him would be in for him.

Why do you exclude PSG for example? Would be perfect for Madrid and Bayern as well. Lewandowski, Benzema are gone in 2 seasons max probably. You won't go for 21-22 years old Haaland because you have 34 years old Lewandowski? Doesn't make sense to me.

If Bayern is out it's because they won't take part in an auction-like sale. Madrid might get wise too and realize that a player like Haaland is rarer than someone like Mbappe.

I don't like our chances regarding Haaland. Looks wrong for us.
PSG because of financial restrictions (not as much TV rights $$$$$ + COVID-19), and I assume that he would want to move up a little bit. But, yes, PSG is another team that has a good chance.
Haaland would not want to stay as a backup for two seasons (I assume) + Bayern is not "usually" the type that would pay that much, particularly to MR. I could be wrong, though!

I really do not know what is going to happen, but I am positive. We seem to have a very good chance with Laporta because
- we pay a lot of $$$$$ (done that before, not many clubs are willing to do that)
- can guarantee him a starting spot (not many clubs can do that)
- attractive club in an attractive city
- Laporta loves such deals

The question is, can we afford him?

You take it as a positive that 'Laporta knows how to deal with him' as had him on payroll.

Everyone knows how to deal with him there is no secret. Pay him the most money.

He has no advantage on that over any other candidate. Raiola has said as much 'tell whoever wins to call me in January if want Haaland'.
True.

Messi983

As much as I'd like to see him here I believe Haaland is PL bound. That's where the money is these days and he was also born in England and has expressed his wish to play there.

As of now I'd consider Man United the favorite due to his connections with Solskjaer as long as they'll finish top 4 this season. Haaland probably won't go to a club not playing in the CL.

Joan

I really do not know what is going to happen, but I am positive. We seem to have a very good chance with Laporta because
- we pay a lot of $$$$$ (done that before, not many clubs are willing to do that)
- can guarantee him a starting spot (not many clubs can do that)
- attractive club in an attractive city
- Laporta loves such deals

The question is, can we afford him.

Whichever club buys him pays a lot.
Noone is buying Haaland with intent to keep him on the bench.
There are certainly more attractive clubs right now.

By the way, everybody can deal with Raiola if one takes his pants down and lets Mino do all the work.

FC433

^
true, but not everyone is willing to. That is my point. We cannot know for sure, but we can presume by looking at clubs' past deals.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Our only advantage/appeal would be that we need someone to fill Messi's shoes and Haaland might want that spotlight. But then again, plenty of clubs are looking for a CF and almost all of them have more money than us.

Forget about it.

Home of Barca Fans