Barca Transfers and Rumors

khaled_a_d

The most annoying thing is the fact that people expect from Celta, Sevilla, Villareal, Valencia etc. to develop our players! Sending your brightest talents on the loan is just wrong. You have to develop them by yourself. Why would anyone care about a 20 year old player who will go back home in one year time? What do they get from developing him? At 19 or 20 years of age if you are not Messi you won't matter to anyone who won't profit from you in the later stage of your career. Loan makes sense only when you are not sure about a player so you loan him for one or two years to make sure if he might develop in the end. If you truly believe in a young player you should never loan him and you should make sure he develops properly under your command.

There is no certain formula for developing young player, it takes a sport vision to do it.
You can't say how do you expect teams to develop our own players, Juve has developed Morata for RM, BL developed Carvajal for RM and Espanyol and Mallorca has helped to develop Asensio for them, Vallejo too.
And Denis and Rafinha has returned way better players from Villarreal and Celta, Halilovic was developing well in Gijon b4 going full retard, and Deulofeu became better player in Milan for sure
You have to assess every case on its own, we can't discard loaning, selling with buy back or staying with first team, and in every case you need to know when & where to do it.

The point is not to talk about names, our scouts should have a good knowledge about different markets. The point is that we should reinforce the midfield, and we cant expect Alena to do that for us when he has shown so little and Valverde shows no trust in him.

We have been linked with Aouor , Arthur and Ruiz, tried to get Ceballos last summer too.
It is clear we are scouting many talents closely, but we also renewed Alen early this season (after EV appointed) with promotion clause next summer where he is getting paid like a 1st team player with buyout clause more than Umtiti. This clearly indicates the faith of the club in him.
We should be looking for next Verratti? but at same age Verratti joined PSG from 2nd division club in Italy, this is same state of Alena right now. May be we have next big thing in club already?
You can't say that EV just don't rate him, EV didn't use B team this year much which is normal, if he fails this year he will be back to coaching the Bilbao's of clubs for rest of his career, there will be no risk in his first season and it is normal.The only B team to get more minutes than him in 1st team is Arnaiz, with just 26 minutes difference IIRC
I think Raketa point is that we shouldn't be desperate at the moment to get new midfielders, with Coutinho in the team now we are in a position to take our time to sort our midfield out. if a CM emerged that we believed he is the next big thing I then I don't think we will be against signing him, but this can be said about any position. for now we aren't desperate for new young midfielder

Messi983

I mentioned Ruiz a few days ago. IIRC Robert wanted to sign him for Barça B last summer which made sense as he still wasn't established in Betis first team by then and he played second half of last season on loan with Elche. But Quique Setien didn't want to let him go and he become important player for them this season.

Signing for 15M and leave him on loan at Betis until summer would make a lot of sense imo. I think he would be the best used in our system as Busquets's backup but he usually plays as CM in Setien's 4-3-3 so he could also be used in Rakitic role (he also has a good long range shot like Raki).

I've read that Betis is preparing a new contract for him so if we want him we should move quick before his clause will go up to 30 or 40m.

[youtube]seNktzDQbzw[/youtube]

Last edited:

Jombi

There is no certain formula for developing young player, it takes a sport vision to do it.
You can't say how do you expect teams to develop our own players, Juve has developed Morata for RM, BL developed Carvajal for RM and Espanyol and Mallorca has helped to develop Asensio for them, Vallejo too.
And Denis and Rafinha has returned way better players from Villarreal and Celta, Halilovic was developing well in Gijon b4 going full retard, and Deulofeu became better player in Milan for sure
You have to assess every case on its own, we can't discard loaning, selling with buy back or staying with first team, and in every case you need to know when & where to do it.

We have been linked with Aouor , Arthur and Ruiz, tried to get Ceballos last summer too.
It is clear we are scouting many talents closely, but we also renewed Alen early this season (after EV appointed) with promotion clause next summer where he is getting paid like a 1st team player with buyout clause more than Umtiti. This clearly indicates the faith of the club in him.
We should be looking for next Verratti? but at same age Verratti joined PSG from 2nd division club in Italy, this is same state of Alena right now. May be we have next big thing in club already?
You can't say that EV just don't rate him, EV didn't use B team this year much which is normal, if he fails this year he will be back to coaching the Bilbao's of clubs for rest of his career, there will be no risk in his first season and it is normal.The only B team to get more minutes than him in 1st team is Arnaiz, with just 26 minutes difference IIRC
I think Raketa point is that we shouldn't be desperate at the moment to get new midfielders, with Coutinho in the team now we are in a position to take our time to sort our midfield out. if a CM emerged that we believed he is the next big thing I then I don't think we will be against signing him, but this can be said about any position. for now we aren't desperate for new young midfielder

I dont know about desperate but we do need to reinforce the midfield. I know you like to put a positive spin on Alena but Verratti won the Bravo award as the best player in Europe under 21 before joining PSG in 2012, which Eden Hazard won the year before and Isco won the year after. I dont think thats the same state as Alena is now. I am also not at all convinced that we should play Coutinho primarily as one of 3 midfielders. He doesnt play there for Brazil as they seek three additional players in midfield to bolster the defensive structure of the team, like Valverde has done in the first half of the season. It has worked well for Brazil and Valverde and as Coutinho is a goal scoring player, I think he would do very well further up the field like as left forward. Given that Raki, Iniesta, Busi and Paulinho will all be past 30 when the next season starts, this further necessitates a need to strengthen the midfield IMO.

Last edited:

Riordon

I agree with you Jombi, we should reinforce the midfield with some young quality players, preferably cheap. I think there are lots of options right now. My personal favourites are Frenkie De Jong and Houssem Aouar. I think these two will make it big.

Also Lucas Torreira, Fabian Ruiz(just got linked to him, 12m clause), Tousart and so on.

Busquest, Iniesta, Coutinho, Paulinho, Roberto, Frenkie De Jong and Houssem Aouar :rockon:

Come on Barto, finish the job!

BBZ8800

I agree with you Jombi, we should reinforce the midfield with some young quality players, preferably cheap. I think there are lots of options right now. My personal favourites are Frenkie De Jong and Houssem Aouar. I think these two will make it big.

Also Lucas Torreira, Fabian Ruiz(just got linked to him, 12m clause), Tousart and so on.

Busquest, Iniesta, Coutinho, Paulinho, Roberto, Frenkie De Jong and Houssem Aouar :rockon:

Come on Barto, finish the job!

Would you buy De Jong and Aouar to strengthen our midfield in the next 1-2 seasons or to be good players for Barca (starters or squad players) in let's say 4-5-6 years?

Because De Jong with 12 senior matches for Ajax and Aouar with 24 senior matches for Lyon, surely won't be at a top team level for the next 2-3 years at least.
So, if you buy them, you still won't solve the problem of our ageing midfield, because these youngsters surely won't play an important role in the next 2 years at least.
That means that you need players for right now like Coutinho.
And then, if you have 7-8 older midfielders, plus De Jong, Aouar and Alena, how will you give a playing time to these youngsters and turn them into a good players in 3-4 years?

That is a problem with Barca compared to Ajax, Porto, Lyon and similar.
Barca has Messi and 150 Millions players like Coutinho and Dembele.
Barca doesn't have time to give 10-20 matches per season to Alena, Aouar, De Jong because we have to win in every match.
If we don't win La liga, a lot of players will get sold, a coach will get sacked, Barto will be in problems.

So, when you sum it all, do you think that our coach and president care more about results or about developing some kid from Ajax who played 12 senior matches and who's chances to turn into a big team player one day are probably 1:10 in this moment?

If we were Dortmund or Benfica, then it would be wise to sell all Messis and Coutinhos and just buy 10-15 Arthurs, De Jongs, Aouars and similar.
And then play all these guys, give them 30-40 matches per season, without too much pressure and see how will they develop.
And then re-sell 2-3 of them to big clubs for 50-100 Millions.

But Barca can't do that.
We don't have time to develop youngsters. Or we have very little time to develop youngsters and youngsters will get 5-10 cup matches per season and if they don't shine right away, we can't give them more chances.

Too many people here are expecting trebles and CL titles, and yet in the same time, plenty of room for developing Alena and lots of other kids.
People will also say: but Pep did that...
Well, yes, he had +15 and +20 points advantage in most seasons, so there was room for experimenting, plus he knew his kids from Barca B.
Pep hasn't actually bought his versions of De Jong and Aouar and developed them, right?

People may say also: we have a huge advantage now, we should give minutes to Alena and other kids.
But then:
1. what with Dembele? He can't develop a chemistry with our first 11 if we will play with Alena, Oriol and Arnaiz in La Liga. How will Dembele then create a chemistry with Messi, Iniesta, Rakitic?
2. what about Coutinho? He just came here and he needs time to click with a system to be ready for the next season.
Will he click more easily if he will play alongside Paulinho and Rakitic to get them know better for the future, or he will click better if he will play alongside Alena, Oriol, Arnaiz and another newcomer Dembele?
How will Coutinho and Dembele learn our system if they will play with other kids: who don't know our system either?
3. what about Rafinha? He hasn't played for 1 year. If you give chances to Alena and Oriol, then what about Cou, Dembele, Rafinha?
4. what about Gomes and Denis? Have we decided that we are done with them? So what, Gomes and Denis suck and we won't play them anymore, but let's test guys who have even less chances to make it, like Alena and Oriol?

And this season we have +15 points advantage over Real.
Imagine if we had +1 point over Real in this moment.
There would have been zero chances to even try Alena, Oriol, Arnaiz (De Jong) and others then.

It is just impossible to have both:
1. a team fighting for a CL
2. having squad players like Paulinho, Gomes, Denis, Arda who need to get some minutes to stay on form and to be somewhat happy
3. develop too many youngsters and giving them too many chances in the same time

The only way to give chances to Alena, De Jong and similar is: say goodbye to Rafinha, Denis, Gomes, Arda, Rakitic etc.
But imo, that is too romantic and dreamy. And you guys too easily expect that these kids with 20 senior matches will turn into better players than NT players like Gomes, Rakitic, Arda and similar.

So, how would some of you actually develop Alena, De Jong, Aouar and similar?
They won't get a playing time here.
And people on this forum don't like loans.
What to do then?

Last edited:

Jombi

Would you buy De Jong and Aouar to strengthen our midfield in the next 1-2 seasons or to be good players for Barca (starters or squad players) in let's say 4-5-6 years?

Because De Jong with 12 senior matches for Ajax and Aouar with 24 senior matches for Lyon, surely won't be at a top team level for the next 2-3 years at least.
So, if you buy them, you still won't solve the problem of our ageing midfield, because these youngsters surely won't play an important role in the next 2 years at least.
That means that you need players for right now like Coutinho.
And then, if you have 7-8 older midfielders, plus De Jong, Aouar and Alena, how will you give a playing time to these youngsters and turn them into a good players in 3-4 years?

That is a problem with Barca compared to Ajax, Porto, Lyon and similar.
Barca has Messi and 150 Millions players like Coutinho and Dembele.
Barca doesn't have time to give 10-20 matches per season to Alena, Aouar, De Jong because we have to win in every match.
If we don't win La liga, a lot of players will get sold, a coach will get sacked, Barto will be in problems.

So, when you sum it all, do you think that our coach and president care more about results or about developing some kid from Ajax who played 12 senior matches and who's chances to turn into a big team player one day are probably 1:10 in this moment?

If we were Dortmund or Benfica, then it would be wise to sell all Messis and Coutinhos and just buy 10-15 Arthurs, De Jongs, Aouars and similar.
And then play all these guys, give them 30-40 matches per season, without too much pressure and see how will they develop.
And then re-sell 2-3 of them to big clubs for 50-100 Millions.

But Barca can't do that.
We don't have time to develop youngsters. Or we have very little time to develop youngsters and youngsters will get 5-10 cup matches per season and if they don't shine right away, we can't give them more chances.

Too many people here are expecting trebles and CL titles, and yet in the same time, plenty of room for developing Alena and lots of other kids.
People will also say: but Pep did that...
Well, yes, he had +15 and +20 points advantage in most seasons, so there was room for experimenting, plus he knew his kids from Barca B.
Pep hasn't actually bought his versions of De Jong and Aouar and developed them, right?

People may say also: we have a huge advantage now, we should give minutes to Alena and other kids.
But then:
1. what with Dembele? He can't develop a chemistry with our first 11 if we will play with Alena, Oriol and Arnaiz in La Liga. How will Dembele then create a chemistry with Messi, Iniesta, Rakitic?
2. what about Coutinho? He just came here and he needs time to click with a system to be ready for the next season.
Will he click more easily if he will play alongside Paulinho and Rakitic to get them know better for the future, or he will click better if he will play alongside Alena, Oriol, Arnaiz and another newcomer Dembele?
How will Coutinho and Dembele learn our system if they will play with other kids: who don't know our system either?
3. what about Rafinha? He hasn't played for 1 year. If you give chances to Alena and Oriol, then what about Cou, Dembele, Rafinha?
4. what about Gomes and Denis? Have we decided that we are done with them? So what, Gomes and Denis sucks and we won't play them anymore, but let's test guys who have even less chances to make it, like Alena and Oriol?

And this season we have +15 points advantage over Real.
Imagine if we had +1 point over Real in this moment.
There would have been zero chances to even try Alena, Oriol, Arnaiz (De Jong) and others then.

It is just impossible to have both:
1. a team fighting for a CL
2. having squad players like Paulinho, Gomes, Denis, Arda who need to get some minutes to stay on form and to be somewhat happy
3. develop too many youngsters and giving them too many chances in the same time

The only way to give chances to Alena, De Jong and similar is: say goodbye to Rafinha, Denis, Gomes, Arda, Rakitic etc.
But imo, that is too romantic and dreamy. And you guys too easily expect that these kids with 20 senior matches will turn into better players than NT players like Gomes, Rakitic, Arda and similar.

We obviously have to get rid of a lot of the players who are not good enough. And we are in the process of doing that. If you dont know anything about a player except his age, how can you dismiss the player and claim he needs to be 25 or 26 before he's good enough for us? Verratti joined PSG at 20, Mbappe at 18, Gabriel Jesus at 19 and Sane at 20 for City, you cant just dismiss all players as not good enough without knowing the quality of the player.

M

MessiCam

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

Why do you always bring national teams into discussions? Rakitic and Arda play for crap national teams where just about any of Alena, Arnaiz, De Jong and Aouar walk into with their eyes closed. It means nothing as far as Barcelona are concerned.

If your argument were the case then Barcelona should be signing any player that plays for a national team and expect them to be superstars.

Also, Rafinha, Gomes and Arda will soon be out in any event. It's all over the news...

Judoman

Yes. They have maybe 3 players of note... Modric, Perisic and Mandzukic. The rest are garbage.

Lol. I m not Croatian, but i do find their midfield one of the strongest on the planet. It s funny you mentioning Raki, he being the part of that strong MF. Educate yourself.

The weakest part of their team is usually the coach. Don t know why.

Home of Barca Fans