Barca Transfers and Rumors

BBZ8800

Ligue 1 has many physically strong and fast players. That`s at least my impression from whenever I`ve watched a game from that league. So I doubt that a midfielder with no bare minimum of those as you say would be that good there. It`s not 2. Czech division.

From what I have seen, they press much less.
Just like in Italy.

In England and Spain, all players are moving, running and pressing almost all the time, both when their team and their opponents have the ball.
Italy and France, you can see more often a situation where a player with the ball can do "whatever he wants" and he has way more space and time to make a decision.
Also, the whole team isn't pressing like crazy all the time.

Somewhat slower players can cope better in those 2 countries than in EPL/Spain.

And France having some physicaly strong players don't have anything to do with pressing and having more time to think what you will do with the ball.

About a bare minimum, I am exagerrating.
Even Rakitic has a bare minimum of physical skills.
But that is a few levels below players from RM, for example.

If we can't get players like Real, we should at least make a few steps towards that direction and not collection tons of players like Arda, Rakitic, Seri etc, since we already have lots of other who are very slow (Gomes, Busi, Iniesta, Rafinha).

We bought some pace in Semedo and Dembele and even in Lord Paulinho.
Let's continue in that direction.

You start your post with you didn't watch him play except for 2 games against Napoli. And then you put a player profile on him like you know what kind of player he is. He had a great season, plays 2 bad games and suddenly is crap. Based on this logic you can call almost every player crap. If you want to prove he's not good enough for Barcelona, then at least put some effort in it. Basically you can't even know what kind of player he is.

Nobody watched Seri until spring of 2017.
Plus again, he played awesome in a French league1 where teams don't press and give you tons of time and space to decide what you will do with a ball.

Either Napoli was just a bad match for him (2 bad matches), or it is a hint how he would cope against faster teams who press more.
Even though Napoli is from Italy, but they are one of top3 sides and they do press.

He had problems against Napoli.
Imagine him against Real, Bayern, Atletico.

Turtle Busi, physicaly weak Seri, granny Iniesta.
Looks promising.

He would be good at Camp Nou against Getafe, though.
Not too much pressing in those matches.

Last edited:

Hektor

All due respect to Tito (R.I.P.), but mastermind behind Pep? :lol: he was a very mediocre coach. Tata level at best and certainly worse than Lucho who himself had more than his fair share of problems.

I am very sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about. One hundred points is not indicative of a good season :rofl1: . Tito has the Barça record for most points in a half season. Let me give you some info. You do not win with any consistency by playing bad :rofl1: One game does not make a season :rofl1: You have to do something right to reach 100 points. :shakeshead:

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Actually it is 5 including Busquets. His contribution cannot be understated any way. Best defensive midfielder I have ever seen.

Apart from that you have said everything perfectly.

Kudos.

I'd agree on the Busquets point !

He's been my favourite Barca player for as long as I can recall and yet when I tell anyone they think I'm joking !!

Hektor

All due respect to Tito (R.I.P.), but mastermind behind Pep? :lol: he was a very mediocre coach. Tata level at best and certainly worse than Lucho who himself had more than his fair share of problems.

You brought in Tata for no reason whatsoever. With Tata at the helm we were doing extremely well in the 1st half of the season until all the injuries. We almost had a perfect 1st half. Messi started to vomit all over the field. If a player vomits during a game, he is too weak to perform at any level, let alone at Messi's level. :shakeshead: Dani Alves got hurt. Neymar got hurt. Jordi Alba got hurt. Iniesta got hurt. Piquet got hurt. I believe that even Xavi was hurt during a few games. Victor Valdes got hurt. We went with a 38-year old keeper whose good years were way behind him. He retired after the season - he could not get a contract with any team. Rakitic was not here. Luis Suarez was not here, yet. Not even Mathieu was here, yet. We were playing with Barça B players at CB's and other positions. And yet, we came within one goal of winning La Liga. Within one goal of winning the King's Cup. We had the misfortune of running against a very hot Atletico Madrid. You seem to have very conveniently forgotten about that. :shakeshead:

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

Lelouch vi Britannia;180890.[/QUOTE said:

Tito was great at making in game changes (subs and so on) to help Barça win games but off course that team was a declining team (decline started in 11-12) held afloat mostly by Messi and Iniesta to a lesser extent.

Givenchy

just saw on skysports news theres a story linking us to Rashford :lol: they've had a mare this transfer window

I still believe we can get Coutinho

Zuti

Man, the end of this transfer window can't come soon enough.
Hopefuly with Coutinho coming and some of Gomes, Arda, Verm ...leaving.

Pastore

They should get a new CB in that case 3 are too less. Vermaelen plays 5 games a year since the other time hes injured or is anyone of Barca B good enough?

Home of Barca Fans