Barca Transfers and Rumors

Neymar while being a quality player and one of the best when on his high was a disruptive factor. I am very much pleased we are back to old Barca style.

True that. Neymar, despite being the second best player in the world is more suited for counter attacking football than Barca's traditional style of play which are variants of total football.

One just have to take notice on how he excels with Brazil. Easily the second best player in the world but not the one that will make Barca more efficient.

ebieymjunior

In this time when Barca are having an identity crisis, it's good to remind ourselves where we come from
This is the epitome of what FC Barcelona stands for

mia7007

Watching RM vs Valencia, Carlos Soler is a very player to watch
And the LB Toni Lato has a great potential, a coming WC LB

Hektor

In this time when Barca are having an identity crisis, it's good to remind ourselves where we come from
This is the epitome of what FC Barcelona stands for

We give too much credit to Pep. He is not the same coach since he left Barça. He was not successful with Bayern Munich and did not leave on the best terms. Bayern was glad to see him go. In City he has done nothing yet and they have an almost unlimited budget.

What is the difference? Pep Guardiola does not have Tito Vilanova, anymore. Tito was the genius. I miss him tremendously. I hate it when Pep gets all the credit without merit.

I am sure that Tito is watching over us.

raskolnikov

We give too much credit to Pep. He is not the same coach since he left Barça. He was not successful with Bayern Munich and did not leave on the best terms. Bayern was glad to see him go. In City he has done nothing yet and they have an almost unlimited budget.

What is the difference? Pep Guardiola does not have Tito Vilanova, anymore. Tito was the genius. I miss him tremendously. I hate it when Pep gets all the credit without merit.

I dont want to diss tito but his season was him being sick half of it and messidependencia troughout. Pep just worse now cause he doesnt have the right quality players to play his football. If he came backto us right now guys likebusi and iniesta would look 10xbetter.

It is true that four of the greatest players of all time Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets made pep look better than he actually is. But it does not disregard the fact that he is one of the three most intelligent coaches at the moment. And with all due respect to Tito, he is not genius. Even when Barca was winning with Tito the weakness in the system of play was very much apparent.

Hektor

I do not think that Coutinho is coming. Liverpool is waisting our time. This is the 28th of August and we only have 5 days left in the transfer window. We have to move on. What Liverpool is asking for Coutinho is outrageous and he is 25.

We should go after Seri, who is dying to play for us, much cheaper than Coutinho, and is also 25.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Only 4 days left and Barca has a lot of shit to resolve. Getting Coutinho. Selling Turan, Gomes, Rafinha?, Douglas, finding a place for Douglas to loan out.

Hektor

It is true that four of the greatest players of all time Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets made pep look better than he actually is. But it does not disregard the fact that he is one of the three most intelligent coaches at the moment. And with all due respect to Tito, he is not genius. Even when Barca was winning with Tito the weakness in the system of play was very much apparent.

I disagree. When Tito was at the helm, before he got terminally sick, that is during the first half of the season, we almost had a perfect season. When Eusebio took over, during the second half of the season, that is when we went down. What has Pep done since he left Barça?

I disagree. When Tito was at the helm, before he got terminally sick, that is during the first half of the season, we almost had a perfect season. When Eusebio took over, during the second half of the season, that is when we went down. What has Pep done since he left Barça?

No, I am talking about us with Tito at the helm. We were winning. But there was a significant drop overall quality of the system of play. We never outplayed the opponents (big teams) even when Tito was at his helm. Also there was a very serious weakness in defense and our possession also was non productive.

Hektor

No, I am talking about us with Tito at the helm. We were winning. But there was a significant drop overall quality of the system of play. We never outplayed the opponents (big teams) even when Tito was at his helm. Also there was a very serious weakness in defense and our possession also was non productive.

Yours is a subjective conclusion. We were almost perfect in points. What more do you want? I do not remember a drop-off in our quality of play. Again, what has Pep done since leaving Barça? He went to a team, Bayern, that won the treble the previous season and had most of the German National team in their roster. What has he done in City with almost an unlimited budget?

PS: Pep is not the same coach without Tito Vilanova. When Pep was at the helm with Barça, Tito was the second in command. All his triumphs with Barça were accomplished with Tito.

Last edited:

springfield

Yours is a subjective conclusion. We were almost perfect in points. What more do you want? I do not remember a drop-off in our quality of play. Again, what has Pep done since leaving Barça? He went to a team, Bayern, that won the treble the previous season and had most of the German National team in their roster. What has he done in City with almost an unlimited budget?

PS: Pep is not the same coach without Tito Vilanova. When Pep was at the helm with Barça, Tito was the second in command. All his triumphs with Barça were accomplished with Tito.

Bayern won the treble but winning the CL was not something they were expecting before the season started. He got better results with Bayern then Ancelotti has. About City it's true, but don't forget that he's playing a very specific style and without the right players, it doesn't work out. The PL is also much more physical and he even admitted he underestimated it. He needed to adapt his tactics to it.

Pep at Barcelona was the right man at the right place at the right time imo.

Home of Barca Fans