Barca Transfers and Rumors

khaled_a_d

I doubt we will sign anyone in January tbh. probably just typical bs
Cancelo will be always one of the names to be linked with it seems.
He is a player who look to have the tool for a Barca FB and on the offensive end he might be the closest thing we can get to Alves IMO.
But defensively he is terrible,while he look to have the tools to be good defender he never put them in use.
Sort like Vidal but may be even worse b/c there is a times when he even doesn't bother to try to defend

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I doubt we will sign anyone in January tbh. probably just typical bs
Cancelo will be always one of the names to be linked with it seems.
He is a player who look to have the tool for a Barca FB and on the offensive end he might be the closest thing we can get to Alves IMO.
But defensively he is terrible,while he look to have the tools to be good defender he never put them in use.
Sort like Vidal but may be even worse b/c there is a times when he even doesn't bother to try to defend

If Vidal leaves, they might sign one.

I'd be inclined not to believe in the Cancelo rumors, but the reports from Portugal might suggest something is cooking. Perhaps he's not in Prandelli's first choice XI, which wouldn't be surprising as the guy would look to solidify Valencia's defence and Cancelo is terrible as you said.

khaled_a_d

Barca following Gelson

"The only thing I can say is that we are watching Gelson," Braida told Record. "He's a young player with a lot of talent who Barcelona are observing and will continue to observe. We have reports on various players and Gelson is one of them.

Seem like a big talent from highlights but an old school RW/RM which won't fit here

If Vidal leaves, they might sign one.

I'd be inclined not to believe in the Cancelo rumors, but the reports from Portugal might suggest something is cooking. Perhaps he's not in Prandelli's first choice XI, which wouldn't be surprising as the guy would look to solidify Valencia's defence and Cancelo is terrible as you said.

Cancelo is losing his place to Montoya who was in Lucho doghouse. Doubt we are interested in him right now.
Probably following him which we should because he is young talent who might explode down the line.
I think Roberto last summer proved what I've been saying that he is a guy who holds his card close to him,media only knew about players we took long during negotiations.

And I doubt Vidal is leaving in January,think he will get Montoya's treatment in 14/15 season with Roberto playing a lot.
Lucho wasn't fan of Montoya but kept him and even used him when needed against PSG,think same will happen with Vidal b4 ultimately leaving in summer.

Hassan Ashas

Seem like a big talent from highlights but an old school RW/RM which won't fit here

Cancelo is losing his place to Montoya who was in Lucho doghouse. Doubt we are interested in him right now.
Probably following him which we should because he is young talent who might explode down the line.
I think Roberto last summer proved what I've been saying that he is a guy who holds his card close to him,media only knew about players we took long during negotiations.

And I doubt Vidal is leaving in January,think he will get Montoya's treatment in 14/15 season with Roberto playing a lot.
Lucho wasn't fan of Montoya but kept him and even used him when needed against PSG,think same will happen with Vidal b4 ultimately leaving in summer.

Vidal will be allowed to leave if Cancelo or some other good option agrees to join Barcelona, I think. To be honest, Cancelo is pretty good option as backup. I just hope that Roberto keeps playing the way he is at the moment

vukkapor

Vidal will be allowed to leave if Cancelo or some other good option agrees to join Barcelona, I think. To be honest, Cancelo is pretty good option as backup. I just hope that Roberto keeps playing the way he is at the moment

Seen rumors about Lichtsteiner, maybe we will get him in January..

xXKonan

Going by what MD/Sport, says Lichtsteiner is not our exact number 1 target but an option.

Seems like Cancelo is our Main target if MD/Sport is to be believed. (Heh)

Chong Li

Schär isn't even a starter in Hoffenheim, and when he was in Basel he used to be highly irregular too.

No way near Barca material IMO.

Raketa10

Please do not sign Lichtsteiner!!! He is currently not even good enough to be Alves backup! He wasn't even registered for CL! How pathetic are we if we are really considering him?

We first bought Douglas than Vidal and now we are again looking for some idiotic solutions!

This RB fiasco has to stop ASAP!!! Either we buy one really great RB or bring some young player from La Masia! Recent RB solutions were bellow any level and this is really hurting our squad!

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If they want to go young and long-term again, then I prefer Bellerin over Cancelo. But perhaps sign Srna or Lichensteiner for a season before evaluating the two of them again in 2018?

Home of Barca Fans