Barca Transfers and Rumors

BBZ8800

Jombi, we'll have:
1. Coutinho for next 4-5-6 years
2. Busquets for 3-4 years
3. Rakitic for 1-2 years either as a starter or squad player
4. Paulinho for 2-3 years
5. One out of Gomes/Denis/Rafinha for squad level

That is at least 5 midfielders for the next 2 and a half years.
Till then, Samper, Alena or Oriol might explode.
So, we'll have at least one more guy.

If not, we can always buy some 24-25-26-27 years old controlling cm for 50-60m and we are fine again for the next 3-4 years.

If we don't buy anyone, we are still fine for the next few years.
The only declining guy was Rakitic, but he improved a lot in the last two months.
It is not as if he is excellent.
But he is okish.

Even with him we have +15 points advantage, 7:1 score in 4 matches against Rm, Atletico and Juve and clean sheets in 80% of matches.

And all of that without Coutinho, Dembele (and Griezmann).

Plus, about Cms, there will always be some guys like Seri this summer, whom we can buy for 40-50m and who are not as huge risks as 20 year old kids with 15 senior matches in their career.

Our midfield is not that bad and that old.
At least not short-term like for the next 2 and a half years.

Riordon

I just hope we dont miss out on Frenkie De Jong. I'm from Amsterdam and follow their team a lot. He is special and Pep already wants him which would be sad. Sometimes you can see a player's potentiel instantly like you dont need 100 games to see Mbappe is special. Him or Fabian Ruiz are much better choices than Arthur for the controller role in my opinion. Aouar might be redundant now we got Coutinho but im sure he will also make it.

Jombi

Jombi, we'll have:
1. Coutinho for next 4-5-6 years
2. Busquets for 3-4 years
3. Rakitic for 1-2 years either as a starter or squad player
4. Paulinho for 2-3 years
5. One out of Gomes/Denis/Rafinha for squad level

That is at least 5 midfielders for the next 2 and a half years.
Till then, Samper, Alena or Oriol might explode.
So, we'll have at least one more guy.

If not, we can always buy some 24-25-26-27 years old controlling cm for 50-60m and we are fine again for the next 3-4 years.

If we don't buy anyone, we are still fine for the next few years.
The only declining guy was Rakitic, but he improved a lot in the last two months.
It is not as if he is excellent.
But he is okish.

Even with him we have +15 points advantage, 7:1 score in 4 matches against Rm, Atletico and Juve and clean sheets in 80% of matches.

And all of that without Coutinho, Dembele (and Griezmann).

Plus, about Cms, there will always be some guys like Seri this summer, whom we can buy for 40-50m and who are not as huge risks as 20 year old kids with 15 senior matches in their career.

Our midfield is not that bad and that old.
At least not short-term like for the next 2 and a half years.

I think Coutinho behind 3 out and out forwards would be a bad idea and we would be better off playing him further up the field to get more defensive structure like Brazil does and Valverde did. But you're saying we can buy Seri and be fine for the next 3-4 years? After you previously argued how bad Seri is? I dont get it. There is no reason to believe we can have a quality midfield with players like Raki, Paulinho and Busi being 32 to 34 years old and gambling on players like Samper exploding as a 25 year old seems desperate to me. Midfield is the most important part of our game and we need top quality there. I think its unwise to just allow our midfield to age into the 30s without a pipeline of quality challengers.

Joan

I just hope we dont miss out on Frenkie De Jong. I'm from Amsterdam and follow their team a lot. He is special and Pep already wants him which would be sad. Sometimes you can see a player's potentiel instantly like you dont need 100 games to see Mbappe is special. Him or Fabian Ruiz are much better choices than Arthur for the controller role in my opinion. Aouar might be redundant now we got Coutinho but im sure he will also make it.

did you notice fabian ruiz from the games? truth be told, I never did but thought he was more of an attacking-oriented player.
De Jong seems to be a huge potential but I don't watch Ajax that often. He's already 21 so he shouldn't be that a gamble?

JamDav1982

Fabian Ruiz was being considered for the B team.

This idea that he is suddenly ready for the first team just because his name popped in past couple days just shows how easy it is for band wagons to start.

JamDav1982

I think Coutinho behind 3 out and out forwards would be a bad idea and we would be better off playing him further up the field to get more defensive structure like Brazil does and Valverde did. But you're saying we can buy Seri and be fine for the next 3-4 years? After you previously argued how bad Seri is? I dont get it. There is no reason to believe we can have a quality midfield with players like Raki, Paulinho and Busi being 32 to 34 years old and gambling on players like Samper exploding as a 25 year old seems desperate to me. Midfield is the most important part of our game and we need top quality there. I think its unwise to just allow our midfield to age into the 30s without a pipeline of quality challengers.

Coutinho will be a CM long term and a punt on any young midfielder will take up possible time for likes of Alena or even Busquets.

There is no point in worrying about 3 years down the line yet.

SeloBarca

Except Frenkie is an AM and Ruiz is slow as feck.

BBZ8800

I didn't like Seri in particular.
My point was that there will always be players like Rakitic, Seri and similar for okish sums of money, who can fill the gap for 3-4 years.

There are world stars like Verratti and Eriksen, and then there are youngsters with 20 senior matches.

But still, there are always 2-3-4-5 decent holding midfielders aged 25-26 who are in between these two categories, for 50m out there.

I didn't like Seri, but I would personally rather gamble (short term) with Seri or Dani Parejo than waiting for a 19 years kid who had one senior season behind him.

I could survive with one Frenkie De Jong.
But our fans, and Frenkie, need to know that he won't get too many chances and that he will need to grab his chances right away.

If he is ready to risk/ruin his career with a gamble called Barca's bench/and trying to develop at Barca with not too many minutes, feel free to bring him here.
We will get him a few matches per season.

Last edited:

Jombi

I didn't like Seri in particular.
My point was that there will always be players like Rakitic, Seri and similar for okish sums of money, who can fill the gap for 3-4 years.

There are world stars like Verratti and Eriksen, and then there are youngsters with 20 senior matches.

But still, there are always 2-3-4-5 decent holding midfielders aged 25-26 who are in between these two categories, for 50m out there.

I didn't like Seri, but I would personally rather gamble (short term) with Seri or Dani Parejo than waiting for a 19 years kid who had one senior season behind him.

I could survive with one Frenkie De Jong.
But our fans, and Frenkie, need to know that he won't grt toi many chances and that he will need to grab his chances right away.

If he is ready to risk/ruin his career with a gamble called Barca's bench/and trying to develop at Barca with not too many minutes, feel free to bring him here.
We will get him a few matches per season.

Forget about Frenkie de Jong. I have never mentioned him. But you also argued against any player younger than 25, using the same arguments you use against this Frenkie De Jong you keep talking about. If they are younger than 25, they are gambles in your opinion and now you want to gamble with players like Seri and Parejo?

So realistically, at least two of the core of Raki, Iniesta, Busi and Paulinho are likely to decline significantly from their current level next season as they'll all be above 30 and Raki will even turn 31. Are we prepared for that? Remember, midfield is the most important part of our game. We cant risk the midfield just age past 30 without proper quality to succeed them. We need to be one step ahead. I think this summer would be a great time to reinforce the midfield.

khaled_a_d

Except Frenkie is an AM and Ruiz is slow as feck.

Jong is CM who is closer to DM than AM. Dude plays as CB too
And Xavi was slow (he himself keep saying it) it was never a requirement for CM to be fast.
I honestly don't get you here,you are obsessed with controlling CM but would reject them for weird reasons

LordLichtenstein

With Griezmann this summer we can have the most complete squad in years.

----------------------------------Suárez/Paco-----------------Messi/Griezmann------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coutinho/Denis---------------Iniesta/Busquets---------------Rakitic/Paulinho---------------Dembélé/Vidal
---Alba/Digne----------------Umtiti/Vermaelen-----------------Piqué/Mina----------------Semedo/Roberto
-----------------------------------------------ter Stegen/Cillessen---------------------------------------------

- Ortolá
- Arnaiz
- Aleñá

Messi983

You are confident we will get him in the summer when all the other teams will be after him at that price ?

A bird in the hand is .....

If we have a deal with him then we'll get him. If he'll decide for another team then so be it. He's not worth 200m which we'd have to pay to get him now.

El Flaco

[tw]951393220705079296[/tw]

If Barça sell Rafinha, Turan and Deulofeu, this would mean the club have only spent €27.5m more in the 2017-2018 season.

khaled_a_d

[tw]951393220705079296[/tw]

If Barça sell Rafinha, Turan and Deulofeu, this would mean the club have only spent €27.5m more in the 2017-2018 season.

This isn't accurate at all tbh
-According to goal we are getting only 5.8M for Mascherano not the rumored 10M
-He is counting youth deals, but we paid more to get the likes of Cuenca,Arnaiz etc to youth teams and he doesn't count them.
-Rafinha fee is rumored to be counted next summer we don't know how much we are getting for Arda either, same possibility with Vidal btw
Overall I think we will be in the range of 60-80M but I think that is actually very good considering the upgrades we had in the team, specially in case Dembele prove to be a worthy replacement of Neymar (even if not as good)

Home of Barca Fans