Barca Transfers and Rumors

Givenchy

Herrera would be a disaster, plus hes a petulant little cunt. can easily see him getting sent off in clasicos. i can imagine Herrera and Alba fighting it out to be the biggest fanny

Coutinho, Goretzka and Griezmann pls Barto, enough with these average players. Martial is a real possibility i think and if he gets his attitude right he could be up there with Dembele and Mbappe.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Herrera would be a disaster, plus hes a petulant little cunt. can easily see him getting sent off in clasicos. i can imagine Herrera and Alba fighting it out to be the biggest fanny

Coutinho, Goretzka and Griezmann pls Barto, enough with these average players. Martial is a real possibility i think and if he gets his attitude right he could be up there with Dembele and Mbappe.

Agree on Herrera, although I think he is a good player but he will be 29 next summer and Manu have an option to extend his contract one more year and no way they won't pick it up. So it will be at least 15-20M deal for another 29 years old players. Considering that we have only 3 outfield starters born in 90's I would say we should pass on him.
Griezmann is great, but not in current form, if he picks it up then ok

gasgas

Its mostly our board which prefers that.

Which is weird because we are the only ones i see obsessed with left footed LCB

Most other teams don't even have left footed LCBs, ehile for us there was a time we had 3 of them (umtiti, mathieu,vermaelen)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Some argue you can build up better from the back if you have a right footed and left footed CB starting at once.

But I think it just comes down to preference. If I remember correctly Van Gaal most of the time had both a Right footed and Left footed CB on the field. But Nothing wrong with having two Right footed CB's but having two Left footed CBs on the field at once as your starting pair doesn't quite work out as well though.

I always thought it would be for their ease to cover for the advancing full back on their side! The full back goes far up the pitch, loses the ball and there has to be some body to cover up that flank like RCB, LCB becoming a make-shift RB, LB respectively?

khaled_a_d

Which is weird because we are the only ones i see obsessed with left footed LCB

Most other teams don't even have left footed LCBs, ehile for us there was a time we had 3 of them (umtiti, mathieu,vermaelen)

We really never had those 3 at the same time, and Umtiti is the first left footed starting CB we had since Frank De Boer

Givenchy

Agree on Herrera, although I think he is a good player but he will be 29 next summer and Manu have an option to extend his contract one more year and no way they won't pick it up. So it will be at least 15-20M deal for another 29 years old players. Considering that we have only 3 outfield starters born in 90's I would say we should pass on him.
Griezmann is great, but not in current form, if he picks it up then ok

Had no idea Herrera was 28?! I thought he was still 25 :lol: thats another turn off though for sure. I don't think Mourinho has him in his plans next season which is suprising as i saw alot of United fans wanting him as captain.

Griezmann has been pretty shit this season but imo it looks like his heart isn't at Atleti anymore, cant blame him tbh after the transfer ban he did the noble thing.

FCBfan22

Out of this list I made, I would go with Coutinho and Lemar. 2 midfielders/wingers, who solve that problems and make us very flexible playing position-wise. I think we don't need a real striker if we want to continue playing false 9, where Alena can fill Messi's shoes in that position. I would also buy one CB in the winter and strike a deal with another before the summer.

khaled_a_d

Had no idea Herrera was 28?! I thought he was still 25 :lol: thats another turn off though for sure. I don't think Mourinho has him in his plans next season which is suprising as i saw alot of United fans wanting him as captain.

Griezmann has been pretty shit this season but imo it looks like his heart isn't at Atleti anymore, cant blame him tbh after the transfer ban he did the noble thing.

I am not sure about the noble thing, the only club that was after him was Manu and there is contradicting reports about if he rejected them or that Mourinho prefered to have a pure 9 in Lukaku mold.
And I won't take that risk for a player aged 27 and worth 100M, I mean 27 is perfectly normal for a transfer but not with our history of failed re-sale, just too risky

Ronaldinho10

Not sure griezman is the right solution coutinho is much more useful for us as our midfield is really bad. Also dembele is coming back soon and we got deau as well. Maybe next summer if he plays well throughout the season for atleti we should move for him but defenatly not in January.

SeloBarca

If hes free, ok. Otherwise no. Hes more of a "tank" and not very technical. Our midfield works best with smaller fast midfielders that can keep the ball at their feets at tight situations.
I would rather go with Coutinho + Torreira + Fekir + Jorginho and sell most of our current midfield.
Turan, Gomes, Rafinha, Rakitic should cover quite a bit of the cost.
Weigl is not a bad option either http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rtedly-target-borussia-dortmunds-julian-weigl

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Why the obsession with a right footed RCB and left footed LCB?

I only see this among Barca fans

Because in theory in a 4-3-3 offensive animation your DM becomes a makeshift centre back and your original CB’s become your wing backs. It’s easier make clearances on a counter attack and give throw ins instead of corners when your dominant foot is the flank you play on.

But yeah, there is no steadfast rule.

Home of Barca Fans