Barca Transfers and Rumors

khaled_a_d

Both are interesting options but Lenglet is a LCB and De Ligt is a RCB.

LCB & RCB aren't much of a thing in Barca tbh, for a decade and half we used two right footed CB who were both usually qualifies as RCB for those who love this argument. In Barca it is usually just CB IMO

Nothanks

It wasn't until Lucho that we really started focusing on a left footed CB on LCB etc.
with vermalean, mathieu, umtiti

I really don't think we need to buy 2 centerbacks... we have Marlon, Yina, those two can fight for the 4th option cb and the third will be direct sub for pique / umtiti

khaled_a_d

It wasn't until Lucho that we really started focusing on a left footed CB on LCB etc.
with vermalean, mathieu, umtiti

2 of those weren't Lucho request (he wanted Benatia or Marquinhos and Zubi wanted Mathieu and Vermaelen as alternatives) and even Umtiti was rumored to be Roberto choice while Lucho wanted Mustafi. all 3 were right footed. I just think it happened that the target we got was left footed but wasn't intentional.

I really don't think we need to buy 2 centerbacks... we have Marlon, Yina, those two can fight for the 4th option cb and the third will be direct sub for pique / umtiti

non-eu players, I think we will only get one of those and likely it will be Mina, then we will need to add another one who is European
Hence we will be buying 2 CB, Mina and someone else

Last edited:

FCBfan22

So in the last week the rumours say that we are linked with:

-Philippe Coutinho
-Antoine Griezmann
-Yerry Mina
-Dayot Upamecano
-Jonathan Tah
-Matthijs De Ligt
-Cesar Azpilicueta
-Thomas Lemar
-Anthony Martial
-Harry Winks
-Ander Herrera
-Timo Werner
-Leon Goretzka
-Clement Lenglet
-Unai Nunez
-Andre Silva
-Angel Gomes

All of that before the traditional international break transfer rumours.

Nothanks

2 of those weren't Lucho request (he wanted Benatia or Marquinhos and Zubi wanted Mathieu and Vermaelen as alternatives) and even Umtiti was rumored to be Roberto choice while Lucho wanted Mustafi. all 3 were right footed. I just think it happened that the target we got was left footed but wasn't intentional.

non-eu players, I think we will only get one of those and likely it will be Mina, then we will need to add another one who is European
Hence we will be buying 2 CB, Mina and someone else

Ah i understood as we're buying 2 more centerbacks i assume mina is already ours

springfield

There are plenty of strikers out there who can play in his position, but Griezmann is not a striker.

Wondering who they are? Griezmann is not a real 9, he's someone who can play as a false 9 just like at Atletico where he's playing with a true 9 alongside him and he has more of a free role. Yeah he's not at the same level as Messi but he can play on that position.

Messi983

Yeah, and Pique-Puyol or Marquez-Puyol before that as well.

I'm not against buying left footed CB but only if he's on Umtiti or Abidal (though he was bought as LB) talent level. It would be stupid to buy inferior left footed CB just to have one. Or overpay for someone like Inigo Martinez or Laporte when there are better and/or cheaper right footed CBs available.

Zincubus

Banned

-Philippe Coutinho
-Antoine Griezmann
-Yerry Mina
-Dayot Upamecano
-Jonathan Tah
-Matthijs De Ligt
-Cesar Azpilicueta
-Thomas Lemar
-Anthony Martial
-Harry Winks
-Ander Herrera
-Timo Werner
-Leon Goretzka
-Clement Lenglet
-Unai Nunez
-Andre Silva
-Angel Gomes

I hadn't heard anything about us being linked with Herrera but whilst perusing a ManU forum yesterday it seems that they generally put his poor form of late to be due to having his head turned by us !!??!

Maybe we have contacted his agent !?!

I'd love Herrera and Coutinho ahead of Busqs !!

Get Dembele back and we have a good eleven as anyone ....

Dreams ....

ASordidGod

Herrera is nowhere NEAR good enough. No composure, safe passer, poor touch, can't beat a man. Plus he's a ****. On the main Utd forum they want him out of the team he's been so bad this season. Even last season when they were raving it was only because he worked hard, showed passion, and man marked Hazard out of the game one time. He's not even young. Would be genuinely annoyed if he came. He'd be Rakitic but without the good(ish) first season.

xXKonan

Some argue you can build up better from the back if you have a right footed and left footed CB starting at once.

But I think it just comes down to preference. If I remember correctly Van Gaal most of the time had both a Right footed and Left footed CB on the field. But Nothing wrong with having two Right footed CB's but having two Left footed CBs on the field at once as your starting pair doesn't quite work out as well though.

SeloBarca

-Philippe Coutinho
-Antoine Griezmann
-Yerry Mina
-Dayot Upamecano
-Jonathan Tah
-Matthijs De Ligt
-Cesar Azpilicueta
-Thomas Lemar
-Anthony Martial
-Harry Winks
-Ander Herrera
-Timo Werner
-Leon Goretzka
-Clement Lenglet
-Unai Nunez
-Andre Silva
-Angel Gomes

None of those, except Coutinho, are near Barca midfield lvl.

I rather spend 0 cash on defence and attack if it means we can get really good midfielders.

Home of Barca Fans