Barca Transfers and Rumors

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Neymar while being a quality player and one of the best when on his high was a disruptive factor. I am very much pleased we are back to old Barca style.

Vilarrubi

Wow, what an optimist! I'd say that this team needs to go quite a long way to get back to where it was with Neymar. VERY well May never happen, no matter what new players come in.

I loved Neymar and defended him, but his inconsistency was frustrating.

Especially last season, he would have 1 or 2 games where he was by far the best player on the pitch single handedly winning the game.. then 3 or 4 games where he would slow play down, ruin nearly every attack and miss one on ones.

Our midfield is much more of a problem, so realistically we are not that far away from where we were with Neymar, unless Dembele is average.. which I can't see happening.

JerseyAddict

Gomes on loan? Don't shit... Hahahaha
Way to go board.. Buy for 40. Loan for paycheck and let go for 30. Way to go.

Loan Arda to Hajduk Split. They will take him for free... And he will love Adriatic sea.

JamDav1982

How much were folk expecting for Gomes?

I would take 30m and run at moment if it means another 30m available for Coutinho transfer.

Givenchy

How much were folk expecting for Gomes?

I would take 30m and run at moment if it means another 30m available for Coutinho transfer.

This. just get rid of him even at a 10m loss. loaning is typical of the board, we'll end up doing the same shit with Turdan

JerseyAddict

Well that is 30m next year.
And it is clear loss after 1 year for a young "star ripped from Madrids hands"... It is clear boards fail.

JerseyAddict

Me? 40m. But I KNOW he proved not worthy that 40m price. 30m is good for him. But it is a 10m+1y payroll loss and that is another fail from the board

khaled_a_d

We bought him for 35M not 40M, we didn't pay any of his add ons either (or around half million for reaching CL QF)
5M loss isn't big, Gomes was an epic fail and if a coach like Valverde can't get a use of him then 30M is great deal. We lost the money when we bought him not when we sold him.

JerseyAddict

Well. That is another way to rephrase it or if you like to say, another approach.

30m selling is ok. For a player that didn't contribute a bit.

But the whole deal all in all is a loss. Of time for some other player, for team, for club, for Gomes.

Home of Barca Fans