Barca Transfers and Rumors

Trickykid

As things stand right now we will have weaker team for 17/18 season than we did for 16/17. We only bought RB and nothing else and we are set to lose Neymar. All in all if something doesn't change drastically we will be in a deep shit next season...

Do you honestly think that we won't buy anyone when Nerman leaves?

Devils

As things stand right now we will have weaker team for 17/18 season than we did for 16/17. We only bought RB and nothing else and we are set to lose Neymar. All in all if something doesn't change drastically we will be in a deep shit next season...

We're likely not getting a top player.

These negotiations take time and nobody is going to sell a few weeks before the seasons starts because they wont be able to replace a big player themselves. It's extremely unlikely.

All Barca fans should be prepared to not see any big signings, also be prepared to take a hit this upcoming season (unless Valverde really pulls something special out of the hat).

Trickykid

We're likely not getting a top player.

These negotiations take time and nobody is going to sell a few weeks before the seasons starts because they wont be able to replace a big player themselves. It's extremely unlikely.

All Barca fans should be prepared to not see any big signings, also be prepared to take a hit this upcoming season (unless Valverde really pulls something special out of the hat).

Nah, losing someone like Ney will send Barto scrambling to sign a replacement star, which we no doubt will. He will be even more expensive than he otherwise would've been, but there's no way Barto will take this on the chin without doing his utmost to appease the fans and try to recover a bit of his own image.

Raketa10

Well I agree with you that we will try to get a top player but as things stand right now we need two of them. If we buy only Coutinho as a replacement for Neymar and nobody else than unfortunately we will be weaker than last year. :(

Plan was to buy a top player with Neymar staying but now one top player just isn't enough. The worst possible thing would be to spend 70% of Neymar's fee on Coutinho alone.

Last edited:

Devils

Nah, losing someone like Ney will send Barto scrambling to sign a replacement star, which we no doubt will. He will be even more expensive than he otherwise would've been, but there's no way Barto will take this on the chin without doing his utmost to appease the fans and try to recover a bit of his own image.

Who would we sign though?

Most people would say Dembele, Hazard, Dybala..etc. Problem is these players are under lengthy contracts and are the players their respective players are built around. I'd expect the same response we got from PSG about Veratti in regards to these player: Not even negotiable.

I'd expect big signings next summer, but this summer I think we're just going to have the door shut in our face.

Neymar is leaving us in a very tough situation.

Raketa10

Most people would say Dembele, Hazard, Dybala..etc. Problem is these players are under lengthy contracts and are the players their respective players are built around. I'd expect the same response we got from PSG about Veratti in regards to these player: Not even negotiable.

I'd expect big signings next summer, but this summer I think we're just going to have the door shut in our face.

Well that's the main problem. This is why I wanted for him to stay one more season so we could prepare next transfer window. We will be desperate right now and I am afraid we won't spend money wisely. Fucking Neymar...

Trickykid

Money still talks when it comes to most clubs. Dortmund is still a selling club, and if we throw enough money at them, they should sell Dembele. Dybala is a bit less likely and Hazard is most likely a no-go obviously.

And yeah, Nerman is screwing us over...

Thiago10

Well I agree with you that we will try to get a top player but as things stand right now we need two of them. If we buy only Coutinho as a replacement for Neymar and nobody else than unfortunately we will be weaker than last year. :(

Plan was to buy a top player with Neymar staying but now one top player just isn't enough. The worst possible thing would be to spend 70% of Neymar's fee on Coutinho alone.

Exactly my opinion as well. Seeing as we won't find better than Neymar for the left-wing, we should definitely be improving multiple positions to make up for that. If Coutinho is the only player we get to replace Neymar, we are indeed undoubtedly weaker than we were last year, which would be dramatic for the club. Ideally, we'd get Verratti + a ton of cash for Neymar, which we would then use to get two replacements for Ney (possibly in a 4231, but I'm not sure it's doable). I'm thinking Dembele, Coutinho, Dybala, Hazard (according to Marca, we might make a move for him, but I have no idea how trustworthy they are. I would personally love to see Eden in a Barca shirt, but I'm probably biased being Belgian and I think many people here would disagree with me) or even Mbappé, but he's probably out of reach.

The only thing I'm liking so far is the fact that we seem to have more depth than last year (thanks to the signings of Semedo and Deulo, and youngsters who seem ready to step up their game such as Alena, Samper and Marlon). But for now, this whole Neymar-saga has me stressed out.

Raketa10

Money still talks when it comes to most clubs. Dortmund is still a selling club, and if we throw enough money at them, they should sell Dembele. Dybala is a bit less likely and Hazard is most likely a no-go obviously.

And yeah, Nerman is screwing us over...

I believe Coutinho is the most realistic and I also believe Dembele could be bought for the right amount of money. We are talking about Borussia not PSG. Hazard and Dybala are not realistic targets this summer. There is also a problem with Dybala as I see him as a pure striker and not winger, same goes for Mbappe. If Neymar goes and I believe it's a done deal we should go for Coutinho and Dembele IMHO.

Last edited:

Trickykid

I believe Coutinho is the most realistic and I also believe Dembele could be bought for the right amount of money. We are talking about Borussia not PSG. Hazard and Dybala are not realistic targets this summer. There is also a problem with Dybala as I see him as a pure striker and not winger, same goes for Mbappe. If Neymar goes and I believe it's a done deal we should go for Coutinho and Dembele IMHO.

I'm not even debating whether we should buy said players and if they fit, I'm just arguing that we can buy star players this window.

Raketa10

I just don't understand why is a buyout clause only obligatory in Spain? It's unbelievably stupid and all Spanish teams are in a big disadvantage becaus of it. We lost Thiago because of it, now we'll lose Neymar just put 1bn in every fucking contract and end that shit already.

behindbrowneyes

I just don't understand why is a buyout clause only obligatory in Spain? It's unbelievably stupid and all Spanish teams are in a big disadvantage becaus of it. We lost Thiago because of it, now we'll lose Neymar just put 1bn in every fucking contract and end that shit already.

We lost Thiago due to own mismanagement & stupidity and we will lose Neymar due to own mismanagement & stupidity.

El Flaco

Exactly my opinion as well. Seeing as we won't find better than Neymar for the left-wing, we should definitely be improving multiple positions to make up for that. If Coutinho is the only player we get to replace Neymar, we are indeed undoubtedly weaker than we were last year, which would be dramatic for the club. Ideally, we'd get Verratti + a ton of cash for Neymar, which we would then use to get two replacements for Ney (possibly in a 4231, but I'm not sure it's doable). I'm thinking Dembele, Coutinho, Dybala, Hazard (according to Marca, we might make a move for him, but I have no idea how trustworthy they are. I would personally love to see Eden in a Barca shirt, but I'm probably biased being Belgian and I think many people here would disagree with me) or even Mbappé, but he's probably out of reach.

The only thing I'm liking so far is the fact that we seem to have more depth than last year (thanks to the signings of Semedo and Deulo, and youngsters who seem ready to step up their game such as Alena, Samper and Marlon). But for now, this whole Neymar-saga has me stressed out.

Good post and welcome to the forum :)

---------------

Aside Neymar & Coutinho saga, is there's any news about our possible signings for this season?

Home of Barca Fans