Barca Transfers and Rumors

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Behind Suarez. Interchanging with Messi frequently. Where will Dembele start? Right? Then Messi dedicatedly has to start in the middle I am not sure that is such a good idea. Plus if we do that we need a left winger who can score goals. Countinho is not that and Dembele is not that and we would that part. When neymar is in scoring form we win matches and we need to replace that any cost. Rather than wasting money on Mbappe I would go for Dybala.

Problem is that I don't see Messi accepting to play on the RW. He'll do and go wherever he want, and often it is to drop deep and stay in the middle.

Kind of why Dybala in the center and Messi on the RW have been underwhelming for Argentina the few times they've played together. Stepping on each other's toes.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Then we are truly fucked if neymar leaves. Messi in the middle as always get countered without a scoring threat on the wings. He has to drop deep again and again to create chances, but this time he will no neymar to create those chances for. If the ball has to come through the center everytime we want a goal I think we will be watching some frustrating football. We should just try our best to keep neymar and forget all signings.

DonAK

Then we are truly fucked if neymar leaves. Messi in the middle as always get countered without a scoring threat on the wings. He has to drop deep again and again to create chances, but this time he will no neymar to create those chances for. If the ball has to come through the center everytime we want a goal I think we will be watching some frustrating football. We should just try our best to keep neymar and forget all signings.

You can have Dembele on the left. Played there for Rennes and at Dortmund played everywhere. Center, right, left.

Icarium

Lifestealer
You can have Dembele on the left. Played there for Rennes and at Dortmund played everywhere. Center, right, left.

I would not be okay with replacing Neymar straight up with Dembele. Difference is too huge, dude is not even an undisputed starter in BuLi. He is one for the future, we need immediate world class signings if neymar leaves.

DonAK

I would not be okay with replacing Neymar straight up with Dembele. Difference is too huge, dude is not even an undisputed starter in BuLi. He is one for the future, we need immediate world class signings if neymar leaves.

Well, you won't get a straight up World Class LW unless you go crazy on Hazard.

I don't think Dybala is worth it when he isn't a proper CF or RW. Messi will always go to the center and do what he wants which is kind of what Dybala's thing at Palermo and now at Juve is.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Well, you won't get a straight up World Class LW unless you go crazy on Hazard.

I don't think Dybala is worth it when he isn't a proper CF or RW. Messi will always go to the center and do what he wants which is kind of what Dybala's thing at Palermo and now at Juve is.

That is one of the reasons why I would like Dybala here. Messi should share his creative burdens and concentrate more on his attacking. With Dybala and Coutinho he will have little more freedom in his position. And when things are getting dire Dybala can pop up and create some channels because of his scoring threat. Both Dybala and Coutinho are word class and possible to get if we overspend. It is impossible to sign other world class players. If not Dembele if not Dybala who should Barca go for? Mbappe? He is not happening plus he is a striker and we don't need one right now. Only if Valverde decides Messi has to play in middle more often we will go for Dembele even then I don't see it happening this window. Dortmund is not ready to sell unless crazy bid is there, which is a huge risk.

DonAK

That is one of the reasons why I would like Dybala here. Messi should share his creative burdens and concentrate more on his attacking. With Dybala and Coutinho he will have little more freedom in his position. And when things are getting dire Dybala can pop up and create some channels because of his scoring threat. Both Dybala and Coutinho are word class and possible to get if we overspend. It is impossible to sign other world class players. If not Dembele if not Dybala who should Barca go for? Mbappe? He is not happening plus he is a striker and we don't need one right now. Only if Valverde decides Messi has to play in middle more often we will go for Dembele even then I don't see it happening this window. Dortmund is not ready to sell unless crazy bid is there, which is a huge risk.

But how are you thinking to line them up if Dybala is in the middle? Messi right, Suarez center.

Who's on the left? I think the issue still remains. Having a dangerous winger along with a good FB adds width and goalscoring opportunities which Messi can deliver.

Icarium

Lifestealer
But how are you thinking to line them up if Dybala is in the middle? Messi right, Suarez center.

Who's on the left? I think the issue still remains. Having a dangerous winger along with a good FB adds width and goalscoring opportunities which Messi can deliver.

Countinho. He can play there. He can drift into midfield too to create chances while suarez or Dybala move into left. I think with some work it can be done. People complained you can't have neymar Messi and Suarez in one team. We did make it work, this is also possible. Basically what I am saying is I want proven talents not the players who showed their potential for one season if they are supposed to replace neymar. Neymar is 3rd best player in the world.

DonAK

Countinho. He can play there. He can drift into midfield too to create chances while suarez or Dybala move into left. I think with some work it can be done. People complained you can't have neymar Messi and Suarez in one team. We did make it work, this is also possible. Basically what I am saying is I want proven talents not the players who showed their potential for one season if they are supposed to replace neymar. Neymar is 3rd best player in the world.

Sounds top heavy though. Kind of hinges on Coutinho and Messi's/Dybala's defensive work if they're on the wings.

Could alternatively have

Messi in center and Coutinho on the left and Dembele on the right. Because Messi isn't gonna run down every game, that's for sure lol

With this you need to pair them up with a true double pivot. Busquets and a defensively strong B2B MF.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Sounds top heavy though. Kind of hinges on Coutinho and Messi's defensive work.

Countinho is not a great defensive player but he does compensate with his work rate and pressing. That is all we need him to do, they are starting at the top not in the middle. With Busi and Roberto in midfield we should be able to manage. If we are not signing verratti better change our approach, we will never find a midfield player who can control the game like Xavi. Better to move on.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Messi in center and Coutinho on the left and Dembele on the right. Because Messi isn't gonna run down every game, that's for sure lol

I would be okay with that if either coutinho or Dembele have some scoring threat. But both don't. It would be a huge risk and with Dembele still developing the risk doubles.

springfield

Why are people having doubts about the defensive work if Neymar gets replaced? It's not like MSN are the most defensive skilled strike force. If they could to the job then players like Dybala and Coutinho can do it also. It's up to the coach to get them to do defensive work and demand them to track back. But like many others mentioned before, Dybala is a central player. He's not the right man for the wing.

N612

I dont know why most people are becoming TOO negative here...

Honestly, I see coutinho as the perfect fit to "replace" Iniesta... We had control of the game most games and that was never our problem, the slower Midfielders ie: Gomes, Raki and Busq do their job perfectly fine (I dare say that Gomes was played out of position 99% of the time and I actually believe he has a lot more to give...Most players his age were nowhere to be seen in those positions until later in their careers, he is still very young) anyway back to my point, what we lacked was creativity coming from the midfield as no midfielder could even pass 1 defender and this is what Iniesta was best at to open up plays, allow messi and co to break loose, even open spaces for Xavi's magical passes!!

I think coutinho is the perfect fit and I can imagine an endless rotation within the team to rest players and adapt to different opponents and scenarios.

I think we do not need anything else, I hope Semedo is given confidence and we should let him play his own game! and for next year, if Marlon doesnt step up and becomes a BEAST, we need a BEASTLY kind of defender (such as puyol) to come in and Lead the defence! I like Pique but hes too inconsistent and emotional!

Anyway I have very high hopes for this year given we sign the much needed versatile midfielder as we have a great rotation, great back ups for each position and I like the control Valverde will impose specially on the defensive end where we struggle (Stats do not show because we have a high rate of scoring, but any set piece is becoming like a penalty against us!)

So lets stay optimistic, regardless what we think of the board and the players individually, we should be in great shape this year I hope!

Cheers

springfield

Barcelona didn't always control the game against stronger teams. As soon as a team could play with high pressure, they had it very difficult. That was a big problem last season.

N612

Yes and the main problem is that we didnt have a single midfielder taking on a single defender! and thats all it takes to free up players and ease the pressure instead of just passing the ball sideways and back

Home of Barca Fans