Barca Transfers and Rumors

Neeraj

I think Dybala is a good player, but somehow I don't like him that much. I think it's his play style; something about him screams 'Greizman, but not as good' to me.

serghei

I think Dybala is a good player, but somehow I don't like him that much. I think it's his play style; something about him screams 'Greizman, but not as good' to me.

Maybe, like Griezman, he just needs a better attacking team to make the next step.

Raketa10

TalkSport just had some guy with PSG connections on and he's saying that they are 99% certain they're getting Neymar in the coming days ! !

Looks like we will be getting Dybala in for Neymar and there will be some others coming in with the windfall adding to the existing fund .

Source: A guy who knows a guy whose sister went to school with a guy who knows a guy whose mother is a friend with a guy who knows Neymar's elementary school teacher. :D

These day's any idiot can write anything on twitter and as long as you mention Neymar in a sentence you are on fire!

aaron101

Dembele ya but I'd prefer aubameyang. Forget about Lemar. He suits a counter attacking direct team and we should be looking to get back to our tiki taka days. Can't go spending money on more unproven players in seri and Lemar

aubameyang's style also suits more counter-attacking.

Jombi

gomes was unproven and talented before he came to a massive club. Lemar is more suited to a direct team

Gomes was an average player before joining us. Never understood why some people were so impressed with that guy. He's always been slow, dumb and ineffective.

Thomas Lemar on the other hand is far superior to Gomes, a class player, not particularly suited to any style of play, he's role model is Andres Iniesta and it shows. I think he would be a big success for us, just like Samuel Umtiti who also arrived from France.

Buying players like Paco, Gomes and Arda just because they have played for years in La Liga ( which some claim make them more proven than other players) have clearly failed miserably, as expected.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Source: A guy who knows a guy whose sister went to school with a guy who knows a guy whose mother is a friend with a guy who knows Neymar's elementary school teacher. :D

These day's any idiot can write anything on twitter and as long as you mention Neymar in a sentence you are on fire!

So what did the guy say ?

eaman

aubameyang's style also suits more counter-attacking.
Ya but he's a striker. I was talking about Lemar as a midfielder suiting a more counter attacking team. I'd also be fine with Dembele or mbappe for the left forward role. Aubameyang has proven his worth over many years and against big teams though

eaman

Gomes was an average player before joining us. Never understood why some people were so impressed with that guy. He's always been slow, dumb and ineffective.

Thomas Lemar on the other hand is far superior to Gomes, a class player, not particularly suited to any style of play, he's role model is Andres Iniesta and it shows. I think he would be a big success for us, just like Samuel Umtiti who also arrived from France.

Buying players like Paco, Gomes and Arda just because they have played for years in La Liga ( which some claim make them more proven than other players) have clearly failed miserably, as expected.
gomes looked decent when I saw him play for valencia and Lemar looked decent last year. All I'm saying is don't go for those unproven guys who looked good over one season. Players like verratti and aubameyang have done it over many seasons with big clubs. Look Lemar might do well at barca but it's only worth chancing it for 20 million not the 70 or 80 monaco will probably look for

Jombi

gomes looked decent when I saw him play for valencia and Lemar looked decent last year. All I'm saying is don't go for those unproven guys who looked good over one season. Players like verratti and aubameyang have done it over many seasons with big clubs. Look Lemar might do well at barca but it's only worth chancing it for 20 million not the 70 or 80 monaco will probably look for

I just cant agree that Andre Gomes is anywhere close to the level Thomas Lemar is showing. Andre Gomes had like one assist in 31 La Liga games in his so-called good season. He's very average and doesnt belong at a top club.

Verratti wont be signed, so we can forget about him. Players who are good will be signed by top clubs. At a young age. Trying to sign players when they are 26 after having 3 or 4 great seasons will lead to failure. And I dont think the solution is to buy the Arda Turans and Mathieus of the world just because they have experience.

JamDav1982

I just cant agree that Andre Gomes is anywhere close to the level Thomas Lemar is showing. Andre Gomes had like one assist in 31 La Liga games in his so-called good season. He's very average and doesnt belong at a top club.

Verratti wont be signed, so we can forget about him. Players who are good will be signed by top clubs. At a young age. Trying to sign players when they are 26 after having 3 or 4 great seasons will lead to failure.

Would you pay 65/70m for Lemar though?

Home of Barca Fans