Barca to re-consider Qatar deal

Sunny Mir

Kohe321 said:
The ending scene with Messi cracked me up though, so obvious that they had superimposed his face over someone elses. Hilariously awkward looking :lol:

Yeah and before that the suarez face and Neymar wink were the best parts.The rest wasn't that good.Last year's was better overall.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Forum Fiend v1.2.12.

F

Flavia

One thing: yesterday, during his 8tv interview, Bartomeu said there are no problems with qatar as a sponsor. This is from today:

Qatar Airways doesn't rule the possibility of becoming Camp Nou's surname

captura_de_pantalla_2015-02-04_a_les_18.43.08.jpg

Weloba February 4, 2015 - 18:27

This Wednesday was presented Qatar Airway's new commercial with Barcelona players. After the event there was a press conference starring Gerard Pique, Neymar, Barcelona executives Manel Arroyo and Javier Faus and the director of the airways company. Akbar al Baker didn't rule out the possibility of his enterprise becoming Camp Nou's surname: "Everything is possible in our business. We are open to surprises and one of them could be becoming Camp Nou's surname".

Let's remember that the relationship between the Catalan club and Qatar Sports Investment ends in 2016. Javier Faus said they will soon begin to work on the future sponsor: "We need a new sponsor, we have 0 problems with Qatar, so it will be a quick decision".

Akbar al Baker said they are really happy with the relationship with Barcelona and with the new commercial: "We are happy to present one commercial with some of the greatest players of Barcelona. We hope that our costumers enjoy it".

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I guess we have been fooled. Not only will we not drop Qatar, they might even make Camp Nou Qatar Camp Nou.

If they reach a deal before the election takes place, the new board will have to honor the deal?

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
I guess we have been fooled. Not only will we not drop Qatar, they might even make Camp Nou Qatar Camp Nou.

If they reach a deal before the election takes place, the new board will have to honor the deal?

Doubt the current board would do that. Their best bet is if they/we manage to win some trophies this season. If they sell of the naming rights to the Camp Nou then any slight hope for them will be gone IMO.

Icarium

Lifestealer

Faus (vice-president): "We didn't yet talk with Qatar Airways or anyone else about stadium name, it's a matter for the next president."

Now relax :)

F

Flavia

Faus (vice-president): "We didn't yet talk with Qatar Airways or anyone else about stadium name, it's a matter for the next president."

Now relax :)

If bartomeu wins, it's a given it'll change, though.

khaled_a_d

If bartomeu wins, it's a given it'll change, though.

It is 2015 not the 80's ,football clubs have to drop their traditions for money sooner or later and whether it is Bartomeu or someone else the name will change to fund the renewal of the stadium

F

Flavia

It is 2015 not the 80's ,football clubs have to drop their traditions for money sooner or later and whether it is Bartomeu or someone else the name will change to fund the renewal of the stadium

Yes, but there are better choices for sponsors than qatar, to put in the stadium name.

Kerrybai

Yes, but there are better choices for sponsors than qatar, to put in the stadium name.

It depends on what you consider a better choice, i.e. a nice looking name/sponsor or more money. We should take the biggest offer and run with it.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It depends on what you consider a better choice, i.e. a nice looking name/sponsor or more money. We should take the biggest offer and run with it.

In an ideal world, it'd be both. If it's only a slight difference in money, then we should take the more reputable sponsor.

Home of Barca Fans