Barça Squad for 2011/2012

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
One thing looks certain: Milito is good as gone and in all probability Abidal will be used more and more as a central defender and we'll go for a left back. Hard to predict where'll we look, particularly now that we have a new sporting director in Zubi.

I also see Jeffren leaving. He had some nice offers despite being injury prone and that will mean we will need a forward as well. Latest reports from Catalan press also back that theory with Nilmar rumor.

Midfield doesn't need any replacements. Weakest player there is Keita and besides being very useful he's also one of Pep's favorites. Also, Thiago was promised a full promotion next season.

Edit: I didn't mean to but I'll add some names of my choice. Considering we'll be having 40-50 mil. transfer budget + money from sales I would bank on Bale as our wing back (35mil) and pick Podolski as an alternation for Pedro as right forward or supersub. Poldi, being hard worker and left footed is a perfect choice imo. Plenty of experience as well and only 25.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Bale isn't good enough for Barca, he is good when he has space to run into on the counter for instance, but with limited space & parked buses he would get found out straight away

Birdy

I also see Jeffren leaving. He had some nice offers despite being injury prone and that will mean we will need a forward as well. Latest reports from Catalan press also back that theory with Nilmar rumor.

Midfield doesn't need any replacements. Weakest player there is Keita and besides being very useful he's also one of Pep's favorites. Also, Thiago was promised a full promotion next season.

Edit: I didn't mean to but I'll add some names of my choice. Considering we'll be having 40-50 mil. transfer budget + money from sales I would bank on Bale as our wing back (35mil) and pick Podolski as an alternation for Pedro as right forward or supersub. Poldi, being hard worker and left footed is a perfect choice imo. Plenty of experience as well and only 25.

1) I think Jeffren should stay here.. Better than Affelay as a winger..
2) Wrong! When iniesta and/or Xavi are out we seriously lack creativity from the back lines. tiago is one, but we need one more man..
3) Bale will not fit, cauz you cannot afford both bale and alvez on the flanks at the same time..

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Correct me if I'm wrong but Bale only seems to be good when he's given a lot of space. He won't be given a lot of space if he played for Barcelona. How good would he be against parked buses?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Coentrao, Botia(buy-back) and Barrios/Falcao... Jeffren, Milito, Henrique, Keirrison, VicSan, Maxwell, Caceres & Hleb sold and Bojan loan. The sales could raise upto 30m. Not to mention the 24m of Ibra deal. This money in all could cover up for the players we need to buy. The transfer budget that we apparently have should be preserved in case we have to go for Cesc in the future(that's if Thiago and Affellay after given numerous chances still couldn't impress)
Affellay could turn out to be vital and that's the reason I'm compromising on Jeffren...also although he's very talented he's become way too injury prone.

Even with this squad if there are problems in wings with player unavailability then there's always the option of playing Adriano or Coentrao as make shift wingers.

And don't say there's creativity problem if Xavi or Iniesta are absent. There's Busi, Thiago and Affellay too adding to that list!!

Last edited:
D

drogba

Sell Ibra, Villa (he is not good enough for Barcelona), Maxwell, Mascherano(never liked him also the lack of mentality he has prooves that he is a bad transfer), Cáceres (you can see he does a lot of mistakes that cause trouble for Sevilla), Victor Sánchez, Hleb... loan promising youngsters to premier league or serie a clubs.

Buy Wayne Rooney (if ferguson retires it would be easy to get him), the best forward for Barça to buy, a simple bitter taste. The best after Messi.

Sign Guardado on a free transfer (his contract with Deportivo should end in this summer) for a regular use of rotation.

In case of injuries loan Kevin-Prince Boateng. I watched all the matches he played this season, even though sometimes he gets sloppy, usually he is a perfect passmaker and makes hilarious through balls as a beast striker with good finishings...

For rotation buy Thiago Motta, he is much able than lots of midfielders to fit in barça's system... and also he is cheap.

Buy Philipp Lahm or Gareth Bale. Gareth bale is fantastic, i bet he can play like a left wing version of Dani Alves. But if the board would say that he is so expensive then buy Lahm. Lahm is good for barça standarts and can play on both wings.

Try to buy Fabregas again, to dominate every competition. But if you can't buy him; then buy Nuri Şahin, the Turkish version of Fabregas who plays in Borussia Dortmund as a team captain in a young age. His style is similar to Fabregas, and he has got better statistics than Fabregas this season. This boy made Dortmund league champions...

Per Mertesacker, Javier Pastore and Santi Cazorla are also good alternatives for their positions.

I bet some of these players are in the Mourinho's shortlist, it would be clever to act faster than him.

I noticed that my sentences are formed "buy that, sell that, do that" like i'm talking to someone face to face :D . It's because of my poor english, forgive that...

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
Villa (he is not good enough for Barcelona), Maxwell, Mascherano(never liked him also the lack of mentality he has prooves that he is a bad transfer), Cáceres (you can see he does a lot of mistakes that cause trouble for Sevilla), Victor Sánchez, Hleb... loan promising youngsters to premier league or serie a clubs.

Buy Wayne Rooney (if ferguson retires it would be easy to get him), the best forward for Barça to buy, a simple bitter taste. The best after Messi.

Sign Guardado on a free transfer (his contract with Deportivo should end in this summer) for a regular use of rotation.

In case of injuries loan Kevin-Prince Boateng. I watched all the matches he played this season, even though sometimes he gets sloppy, usually he is a perfect passmaker and makes hilarious through balls as a beast striker with good finishings...

For rotation buy Thiago Motta, he is much able than lots of midfielders to fit in barça's system... and also he is cheap.

Buy Philipp Lahm or Gareth Bale. Gareth bale is fantastic, i bet he can play like a left wing version of Dani Alves. But if the board would say that he is so expensive then buy Lahm. Lahm is good for barça standarts and can play on both wings.

Try to buy Fabregas again, to dominate every competition. But if you can't buy him; then buy Nuri Şahin, the Turkish version of Fabregas who plays in Borussia Dortmund as a team captain in a young age. His style is similar to Fabregas, and he has got better statistics than Fabregas this season. This boy made Dortmund league champions...

Per Mertesacker, Javier Pastore and Santi Cazorla are also good alternatives for their positions.

I bet some of these players are in the Mourinho's shortlist, it would be clever to act faster than him.

I noticed that my sentences are formed "buy that, sell that, do that" like i'm talking to someone face to face :D . It's because of my poor english, forgive that...

Villa is not "good" enough for FCB?
Mascherano "lack of mentality"?

wow ...

F

Flavia

Mascherano a bad transfer? Where have you been, mars? He's the best transfer of the season, saved our asses more than twice. And villa not good enough... pff. That's a golden post you did there.

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
Mascherano a bad transfer? Where have you been, mars? He's the best transfer of the season, saved our asses more than twice. And villa not good enough... pff. That's a golden post you did there.

First golden post ;) !!

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
Sell Ibra, Villa (he is not good enough for Barcelona), Maxwell, Mascherano(never liked him also the lack of mentality he has prooves that he is a bad transfer), Cáceres (you can see he does a lot of mistakes that cause trouble for Sevilla), Victor Sánchez, Hleb... loan promising youngsters to premier league or serie a clubs.

:worthy: u are a god

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans