Ballon d'Or 2011

X

xaviniesta

attachment.php

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
If not this one then when? he deserves for his career achievements.

When he's the outright best player in the world for the respective year the award is being awarded.

This is an award based on achievements throughout a single season not career achievements.

If there was such an award I would give an arm and a leg to see Xavi take it, but this is not it.

X

xaviniesta

When he's the outright best player in the world for the respective year the award is being awarded.

This is an award based on achievements throughout a single season not career achievements.

If there was such an award I would give an arm and a leg to see Xavi take it, but this is not it.

you got that wrong actually. it's about what the coaches, captains and journalists want to do. if capello wants to vote for maicon, he will without questions asked. (like he did last year)

yes there are some criterias but i belive most of them have never even read them and vote whoever feels likeble for them.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

Well said.

For me Cristiano deserves to finish second, his season was magnificent.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
you got that wrong actually. it's about what the coaches, captains and journalists want to do. if capello wants to vote for maicon, he will without questions asked. (like he did last year)

yes there are some criterias but i belive most of them have never even read them and vote whoever feels likeble for them.

Not sure what that has to do with it being an award for career achievements...

X

xaviniesta

let's say capello comes to vote and he is saying ' i'm voting for xavi for his career achivements and what he has done in general for football in last 4-5 years ' then he will vote for xavi. simple as that. then iker comes to vote and voting for cristiano and ozil then he will vote for them too. and then there comes vermalen and votes for cesc because he is his friend.

This is an award based on achievements throughout a single season

so it really is ? were cesc's s 'achivements' better that let's say xavi's ?

Last edited:

Maria

The FIFA Ballon d'Or is an association football award given annually to the player who is considered to have performed the best in the previous season. It is awarded based on votes by coaches and captains of international teams, as well as journalists from around the world.

The award started in 2010 after France Football's Ballon d'Or and the FIFA World Player of the Year award were merged.

After that, everyone has his own criterias when choosing the best "performer" of the year. And like I said there is already an award for a player's career achievements.

X

xaviniesta

the criteria of voting is this:
*Performances in major competitions (Champions League, World Cup, etc.)
* Individual and team honours
*Individual talent, skill and fair play
*Overall career
*Personality and charisma

ammarfcb

ze special one
the criteria of voting is this:
*Performances in major competitions (Champions League, World Cup, etc.)
* Individual and team honours
*Individual talent, skill and fair play
*Overall career
*Personality and charisma

ronaldo just lost

Manuel Traquete

There is an incredibly misconception about the Ballon d'Or that unfortunately seems to have become widely accepted despite being completely wrong. People love to say that "Messi won because of goals yet the criteria has changed bla bla" to whine about their favorite player not winning.

But that's complete crap, let's just dispel this myth, if not for the people who will bitch about Messi winning in January, at least for the people on this forum.

The criteria never changes...because there's no criteria at all. Each voter chooses the three players he believes were the best according to his own criteria. Messi didn't win 2010 because he scored more goals and, my personal favorite, the criteria were not changed to make Messi win instead of Sneijder.

Messi won because the majority of the voters believed he was the best, that's it. That's the only criterion.

Last edited:

Manuel Traquete

Whatever the criteria is, the Ballon d'Or is a meaningless sham of an award.

There's no criteria whatsoever. It's people like you or me (only more involved with football) voting for who they think is the best. It's as if we started a poll in this forum, only instead of having only Barca fans voting, you have coaches/players/journalists from all over the world.

Maria

@Manuel
If the 2 prizes wouldn't have merged, Sneijder would have won the France Football's Ballon d'Or and Messi FIFA World Player of the Year. So Messi hasn't "stole" anything from Xavi or Iniesta because they wouldn't have won in the first place(mainly because Xavi had a poor WC and Iniesta was injured for half a year).

Home of Barca Fans