Aurelien Tchouameni

Birdy

Klopp won everything with a much worse and much less technical midfield and still people think that Tchouameni-Camavinga-Valverde midfield would be dysfunctional. I hope it doesn't function, but with the way football is evolving to be much more dynamic, there are slim chances to that. All 3 of them are already good players, and can only get better.

Difference Klopp is a miracle maker
Klopp went to EL final with a md of Milner-Can-Lalana
You can't compare a top2 coach in the world with any other coach in ability to build using whatever material he has at his disposal.

It doesn't seem RM will have Klopp or any other top2 coach in the world soon, so I am very skeptical any coach below that level can make such md work.

Yes, of course football is more dynamic and intense (have been writing that to barca purist for years now??)
but again mean and balance is the key. You need to add some technicality and finese to that to succeed if you don't have a miracle maker at the helm

JamDav1982

Hardly a miracle to got to Europa League final with that midfield.

Worse midfields get there near enough every season and two worse this year.

jamrock

His passing is terrible, one thing that has stood out over these past few games I've seen him.

Physical beast though.

Bulgroz

His passing is terrible, one thing that has stood out over these past few games I've seen him.

Physical beast though.

This is why you shouldn't make any form of definitive opinion after seeing a player for like 100mn. Especially on glorified friendlies after a very long season.

He's not Xavi, but his passing game is good. He actually provided a lot of very clean long balls in his previous NT games (not even mentioning Monaco games). His passing stats are in the higher tier, even though he's obviously mostly great at getting the ball back. Not by being simply a "physical beast" though, as I mentioned in an earlier post. Mostly because he reads the game very well (which a lot of people get mixed up with pure physicality, even if it's not only that: he doesn't use his physical attributes to make up for bad reading like some super fast players do for example).

Porque

Insane passing skill
[tw]1535587244127428612[/tw]

It takes elite skill to use the oppositions players for one-twos and create space and movement through this. Only Tchoumeni and Puig are capable of this in modern football.

Both completely worth 100m. Elite traits.

jamrock

This is why you shouldn't make any form of definitive opinion after seeing a player for like 100mn. Especially on glorified friendlies after a very long season.

He's not Xavi, but his passing game is good. He actually provided a lot of very clean long balls in his previous NT games (not even mentioning Monaco games). His passing stats are in the higher tier, even though he's obviously mostly great at getting the ball back. Not by being simply a "physical beast" though, as I mentioned in an earlier post. Mostly because he reads the game very well (which a lot of people get mixed up with pure physicality, even if it's not only that: he doesn't use his physical attributes to make up for bad reading like some super fast players do for example).

Nah his passing is terrible.
When I say beast I don't just mean big & strong, I'm speaking to his athletism, which is what makes him a interesting player worth investigating into.
Camavinga also a beast

Last edited:

feggydinho

Nah his passing is terrible.
When I say beast I don't just mean big & strong, I'm speaking to his athletism, which is what makes him a interesting player worth investigating into.
Camavinga also a beast

His passing is actually okay, that was probably a one-off but his passing is decent.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I feel like people are about to get a rude awakening in regards to this player. In my opinion he's no longer just "a talent", but an actual top midfielder. His performances for France are remarkable despite only being around for the NT for less than a season.

This guy will either displace Kroos or Casemiro next season and will end up being one of the best midfielders in Europe next year. His skillset is ridiculous. I wanted him here so bad but unfortunately every one of these dudes want Madrid these days. And who can blame them? 5 UCLs in 8 years.

In regards to the price tag, agree. Way too ridiculous for a defensive midfielder. That's the kind of price tags we see for top level attackers...

You like shiny new toys. Weren?t you also in love with Ndombele? One would think you would?ve learned to be wary of overhyping promising youngsters at this point.

Just one question: have you ever watched a full game of Tchouameni? I know I have not, which is why I am not judging this guy before I see him play a full game.

Bulgroz

I have. And he's very good.

That being said, yes "100M" is too much. But tbf:
- Everybody knew Real had cash on their hands and needed a big signing. So any player would have seen his price tag bump in those circonstances (see: Dembele, Coutinho, Paredes...)
- It's not "100M" it's 80+20. I haven't seen the bonus conditions. If they're fluke conditions (like "Real qualifies for C1", "Tchouameni plays 5 games"...) then yeah price is 100M overall. If they're harder conditions ("Real wins C1", "Tchouameni wins the WC"...) then that price might never be 100M, but if it is it'll mean that Tchouameni performed well, and justified his price tag.

Even as a big fan of his, I would have said 60+20 would have been closer to his real value. Iirc it was the price everyone mentioned earlier this year, before Madrid failed to get Mbappe.

Andresito

Staff member
Gets Bale's #18
FVNTQXYX0AI8Wdy

Home of Barca Fans